LeBron James needs to just shut up and dribble

Fair enough.
i noticed your point about President Obama lighting up a White House rainbow. Of course, President Trump has held up the rainbow flag, had selected gays for offices and seems to support the LGBT communities as well. Maybe you won't get away from such initiatives now?

Not really. If Trump does evil, Trump does evil. Though of conservative bent, in the main, my politics is right or wrong. The times are polarizing, such that being of the liberal left is to be in direct rebellion against God on a few fronts. To me, such are the issues, and they transcend political parties. So, if somebody is an evildoer, they're an evildoer, whoever they are. And in that, I'd still be asking, "What else is new?" Evildoers are as common as dirt. I can't speak for anybody else, but I found all of it got old many years ago, don't even know why I'd blow a gasket over anything, now, giving what we see everyday and mankind's history. It is what it is, and, in the Lord's time, this too shall pass.

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- The NBA and National Basketball Players Association released a joint statement Friday announcing that the NBA playoffswill resume Saturday and that the league and its players will work together on several initiatives to promote voting access, combat social injustice and racial inequality, and advocate for police reform.

"These commitments follow months of close collaboration around designing a safe and healthy environment to restart the NBA season, providing a platform to promote social justice, as well as creating an NBA Foundation focused on economic empowerment in the Black community," NBA commissioner Adam Silver and NBPA executive director Michele Roberts said in the statement. "We look forward to the resumption of the playoffs and continuing to work together -- in Orlando and in all NBA team markets -- to push for meaningful and sustainable change."

Among the commitments announced to aid social issues is the immediate establishment of a social justice coalition -- with representation from players, coaches and governors -- that will cover a wide array of issues, including increased voting access, promoting civic engagement and advocating for "meaningful police and criminal justice reform."

In every NBA city where the league's franchise owns and controls its arena property, team owners will work with local officials to turn those arenas into voting locations for the 2020 general election, giving constituents a way to vote in person during the coronavirus pandemic. If that isn't possible, there will be an effort to use those facilities in other ways, including as sites to register voters and receive ballots.

The NBA also agreed to work with the players and with its broadcast partners to create advertising that will appear during each NBA playoff game to promote greater civic engagement in national and local elections, and to raise awareness about voting access.

You think promoting voting access and reforming the police is leftist?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You think promoting voting access and reforming the police is leftist?

I think promoting voting access is idiotic. We should be working toward limiting voting access to those citizens who have proven themselves worthy.

As for "reforming the police", define exactly what that entails

eider

Not really. If Trump does evil, Trump does evil. Though of conservative bent, in the main, my politics is right or wrong. The times are polarizing, such that being of the liberal left is to be in direct rebellion against God on a few fronts. To me, such are the issues, and they transcend political parties. So, if somebody is an evildoer, they're an evildoer, whoever they are. And in that, I'd still be asking, "What else is new?" Evildoers are as common as dirt. I can't speak for anybody else, but I found all of it got old many years ago, don't even know why I'd blow a gasket over anything, now, giving what we see everyday and mankind's history. It is what it is, and, in the Lord's time, this too shall pass.

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Question:-
Could you show some examples of how the liberal left is in direct rebellion against God?
Do you have any examples of how the right is in direct support of God?

Thank you......

eider

Oh dear.............. you didn't choose a very good web site for News, Jefferson.
See what Wiki reports about 'thregatewaypundit'....... not a very good reference.

The Gateway Pundit - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org › wiki › The_Gateway_Pundit
The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right news and opinion website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods and spreading hoaxes. The Gateway ...
History · ‎White House press ... · ‎False stories and ... · ‎Jim Hoft

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I don't know what that means

I live right next to large Army base - I know what militarization looks like. My State police, county sheriff and town cops look nothing like that.

Look it up. For years they've been buying surplus military gear and vehicles from the war in Iraq. Even Esper is concerned.

When they're dressed for war, they want to go to war. De-escalation is a lot less fun.

ok doser

Look it up. For years they've been buying surplus military gear and vehicles from the war in Iraq. Even Esper is concerned.

When they're dressed for war, they want to go to war. De-escalation is a lot less fun.

We have a monster vehicle in the county seat that was donated - lots of people wailed and gnashed their teeth about it, but it came in handy when needed - saved the lives of cops confronting an armed barricaded suicidal nut who wanted to take out as many as he could.

de-escalation isn't always an option

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

What happens when "the extreme" is you, and not BLM? This is what I didn't understand (although it's becoming clearer now) about the right. Not the right of 10 years or more ago, or maybe I didn't see it then. Why am I, the supposed "leftist" (which is so off the mark that true leftists would be laughing their heads off at the idea) more concerned about police overreach, our constitutional rights, and posse comitatus than the average Trumper? They were screaming their heads off about Jade Helm and FEMA camps, but Trump? Whatever owns the libs.

Cops shouldn't look like soldiers.

ok doser

What happens when "the extreme" is you ....

Me, suffering a psychotic break, doped up on PCP, armed to the teeth and shooting at the world?

Cops shouldn't look like soldiers.

Cops shouldn't have to look like soldiers

the world they police shouldn't look like a war zone, but too often it does

the story about Rochester that you posted? that's where I taught in the inner city. Gangs and drugs. Murder capital of upstate NY. We had RPD officers stationed in the schools all day. A cop leading a handcuffed student down the hallways wouldn't get a second look.

For me it was jarring

but this was the war zone this kids lived in. And often, it was better than home.