Knight's POTD 10-04-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Two in one day for ApologeticJedi!!! That's rare, especially for two different posts!
ApologeticJedi said:
lee_merrill said:
Yes, I agree. Now the Open View says "some good, sometimes," and I hold that "all works for good" is real consolation. This latter is also a verse in the Bible...

That everything always works out for good in this life is simply false. There are a thousand tragedies every day that do not work out for good.

What Paul was saying is that in heaven the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shalh be. And this is true in the Open View point. We don't look at someone loosing their son and try to tell them that it was better this way, or worse, that God killed their son so that they could be blessed by some means down the road. :vomit:

OVers also believe God can turn around any situation, the difference is we don't view God as someone who flattens your tires just so you can have the blessing of having them aired up again. That sort of sociopath fits more with the Calvinist frame of mind.

(And that's just for the Christians! For the non-Christains the Calvinist version of God holds people under the water watching the bubbles come out, all thetime shouting to them, "Why don't you get out of the water!!!" :bang: )
:first:

[ context ]

I really love the following line....
...the difference is we don't view God as someone who flattens your tires just so you can have the blessing of having them aired up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.