Knight's pick 12-22-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Great post! :up:

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. Revelation 3:20​

In a way that is a summary of the entire Bible. The Bible is a call to action, it's God asking us to choose Him, to hear His voice, to open the door and let Him in. Calvinism is the opposite of that, Calvinism says we cannot hear Him, Calvinism teaches that He makes us deaf to His voice and picks in advance who will or will not be saved. In Calvinism there is no hearing, no choice, no hope.

But God says...

- God knocks on the door all of our hearts.
- If we listen, and open the door He will come in.
- If we don't open the door, He will not come in.

Calvinism refuted.
God does not say any of this in Revelation 3:20

You are wresting the Word of God plus adding to it.

How many times have any of us used bits and pieces of scripture to illustrate a point we are endeavoring to get a cross. In a summary way, through the weaving of words to shine light on the truth of Jesus, Jesus the greatest weaver of words in colors that brings to light the tapestry of God's love.

And once again like others, Knight has explained (like where the rubber meets the road) the marvelous grace of God to those that are outside of the door of His grand room of salvation.

This Scripture is directed to the church; not to the world at large. It promises fellowship; not salvation.

True while Revelation 3:20 is directed to the Laodicean church, a message sent to a lukewarm, lazy church. It is a message that can be delivered to any church today about their standing and state before the Lord.

Like Laodicean church, some in the church today are lukewarm and lazy and trying to keep the voice on the other side of the Revelation 3:20 door, are with their keyhole prayers and pushing pennies under the door, trying to keep that voice quiet. Listening and opening the door for the Christian is like renewing a friendship, and having your lamp trimmed and brightly lit and waiting for our blessed hope. For the lost and dying without Christ is an open invitation to know the Savior and salvation.

So in the terms of Revelation 3:20 that Knight has presented, it does put forth an invitation not only to a partially lukewarm lazy church, but to those who are not saved, an invitation that is stated in clear, simple, and precise terms...
- God knocks on the door all of our hearts.
- If we listen, and open the door He will come in.
- If we don't open the door, He will not come in.​

I thank God for every born again, redeemed, blood bought, saved Christian, whether they be of the fellowship, Pastor, Evangelist, Missionary, servants of the Lord, who have used Revelation 3:20, and in their words explained the plan of salvation and thus many hearts and lives were changed by the message they delivered. The message need not be so technical that it goes of the the heads of people, or so low that it is trampled under the feet of the listeners, but in a way that those who really do hear it understand the message and explanation in the best understood terms, and that the Holy Spirit can initiate with light and truth.

Aren't we all to be soul winners?

You really should stick with what you know best, Knight, and that is computers and selling your website.

For this Knight needs no defense, Knight does stick to it very well, and still has time to win souls to Jesus in the manner that the hearer or reader on TOL understands. We all should be so conscious, I know I could do better.

A well-taught Theologian, you are not ....

That maybe so, but Knight is a soul winner even and through the internet; Knight is man of conviction about salvation, honesty, integrity, and the word of truth.

What does a soul winner require, but to know the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior, and tell their story of how they came to salvation in Jesus, showing the scriptures explain the salvation, and in their own words win souls to Jesus.

About a well taught Theologian, consider D. L. Moody, who was a shoe salesman. From what I read and understand, the Prince of Preachers, Charles H. Spurgeon did not go to seminary or theology schools. These two and others were great purveyors of such truths as Revelation 3:20. And others of the day as well.

That you are.
:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.