Knight's pick 12-20-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Although I don't agree that Calvinists are not necessarily Christians I do agree that it's sad they put the thoughts and beliefs of dead theologians above God's word.
Calvinists should become christians, then we wouldn't have this problem.

Calvinism is just like Catholocism, just like Pentecostalism, and, every other ism.....they put their form of religion above the word of God.

Religion doesnt save.
:first:

OMEGA

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Re 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

OMEGA

I feel that Calvinism has to be more thoroughly studied before a final judgement can be made on it.

Even if they have a little bit different understanding about Predestination
and heaven and Hell, if a Calvinist follows Jesus and God the Father, why shouldn't they be in the Kingdom of God.

graceandpeace

I didnt know this thread existed until just now; but I wanted to clarify, that I was not saying that calvinists are not saved, but what I meant was that not just because one is a calvinist, they are then saved. Calvinism never saved anyone. Jesus does.

I would bet there are just as many catholics saved as there are calvinists..and, vice versa with any other 'ism, or brand of teaching of man.

Status
Not open for further replies.