Knight's pick 11-19-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Awesome stuff, thanks Ghost! :up:

This is a response to the critics who neither understand what an exchanged life is, or what the Bible teaches to support it.

I have been teaching this for over 20 years, and the following is the foundational framework of what it means to have an exchanged life. Again, there are many out there who use the term, and add or take away from its meaning, but I am giving you the basics of what I know to be true, and what most of those who believe in an exchanged life hold as truth. You judge for yourselves.

The Exchanged Life - Christ lives in me ~ I live in Christ

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." Romans 8:9

Paul tells us that those who are in the Body of Christ are no longer in the flesh. Obviously, Paul is not saying that we have departed our bodies and are no longer involved with them, for he goes on to tell us how we continue to suffer in them and await their redemption Rom 8:23 when we will receive a new body. Paul also speaks about it being fruitful labor for him to remain in the body Phil 1:22-24.

Paul is speaking of the literal exchange that has taken place:

We were once in darkness, but have exchanged it for light John 8:12; Acts 26:18; Eph 5:8

Where we were once enemies of God, we are now reconciled to Him Rom 5:10; 2 Cor 5:18-20

Where we were once sinners, we are now saints (holy ones) Rom 5:19; 1 Cor 1:2; Col 1:26; 1 Cor 3:17; Eph 1:4; Col 1:22; Col 3:12

No longer unrighteous, but righteous Rom 5:19; Rom 6:18; 2 Cor 5:21; 1 Cor 1:30; 2 Cor 6:14; Phil 3:9

No longer under the Law, but under grace Rom 6:14; Rom 7:6; Rom 3:24; Rom 5:17; 1 Cor 1:4; Eph 2:8; 2 Tim 1:9; Titus 3:7

No longer under condemnation, but have peace with God Rom 8:1; John 3:18; Rom 5:1; Col 1:20

No longer in the flesh, but in the Spirit Rom 8:9; John 3:6; John 6:63; Gal 4:29; Gal 5:17; Phil 3:3; Col 2:11; 1 Cor 3:16; 1 Cor 6:19

No longer dead, but alive 1 Cor 15:22; Eph 2:5; 1 Peter 3:18; Col 2:13; Rom 8:10

We are a new creation in Christ. Gal 2:20; 2 Cor 5:17; Gal 6:15; Col 3:3

“Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you-- unless indeed you fail the test?” 2 Cor 13:5

“Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” Col 1:24-27

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Gal 2:20

This is what it means to have an exchanged life. It’s critics are without merit in their opposition. Do you accept or reject the "exchanged life"?

:first:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
"Where we were once sinners, we are now saints (holy ones)"
You forgot 1 Cor. 6:11 for that one, ghost.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Bah.

The Holy Scriptures presented here are truth . . . but the applications and teachings of these very Scriptures in other threads by this individual poster, which are obviously permitted and endorsed and encouraged on TOL , are very unorthodox, theologically lacking, and in several instances . . . just down-right false!

Shame on TOL . . .

Nang

Status
Not open for further replies.