Knight's pick 1-11-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow! Tom may not be a "spring chicken" but he sure does know how to surround an argument. Great stuff!

Town Heretic,

You quoted the Sermon on the Mount, which most do, and specifically Mat. 5:44. I will asnwer and show you that the Sermon on the Mount can't be used as an argument and that most Christians have a misunderstanding of what Jesus taught.

But first:

You can't separate sin from the sinner: "As a man thinks in his heart, SO IS HE" (Prov. 23:7)

"God HATES all WORKERS of iniquity" (Ps. 5:5).

"The Lord ABHORS the bloodthirsty and deceitful MAN" (Ps. 5:6).

"The WICKED and the ONE WHO loves violence [God] HATES" (Ps. 11:5).

"The face of the LORD is AGAINST THOSE WHO do evil" (Ps. 34:16).

"God LOVES RIGHTEOUSNESS and HATES WICKEDNESS" (Ps. 45:7).

"The LORD HATES a HEART that devises wicked plans, a FASLE WITNESS, ONE WHO sows discord among the brethren" (Prov. 6:16-19).

God reminds us, "All wickedness is in Gilgal, for there I HATED THEM. Because of the evil of THEIR DEEDS I will drive them from My house; I will LOVE THEM NO MORE" (Ho. 9:13).

And Moses wrote of God: "If you do not obey ME, MY SOUL shall ABHOR YOU" (Lev. 26:27-30).

Then there is hypocritical love: God warns, "Should you LOVE THOSE WHO HATE the LORD? Therefore the WRATH of the LORD is upon YOU" (2 Chr. 19:2)

Paul also warns of hypocritical love: "Let your LOVE be without hypocracy. ABHOR what is EVIL..." (Rom. 12:9).

Now, I've made it easy for you. In light of the above passages (I can give more), can you admit that God HATES wicked humans? I'll make it easier--multiple choice even:

A. Yes.
B. No.
C. I rather not answer.

I really want you to answer!

I pray that Knight leaves his up for an extra day?

I have an appointment this morning. This afternoon I will show you your misunderstanding of the Sermon on the Mount.

God bless, Tom from Mabank, TX
:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.