Knight's Pick 09-01-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
AMR channeling Psalmist. :up:

The TOL-A-THON has me thinking of late as to why those that have made over 1,000 posts here remain non-subscribers. You would be one whose userID is shown in blue typeface.

I think I am qualified to ask the question, as I have subscribed here since day one, and Lord knows, I have the infractions and bannings to prove that my opinions are not necessarily those of the management or popular culture here. Sigh.

I realize the rules allow non-subscribers. But I am wondering what your underlying motivations are for not subscribing, even at the lowest level, the green level, of $3/month or $30/year?

In other words, what would have to happen at TOL that would incentivize you to subscribe?

For the record, I am posting this on my own accord, and not as a shill for TOL's management. No one asked me to do this, and no doubt, some of those that respect my posted positions will be taken aback. In fact, management may very well ban me for even making such a post and I will accept their ruling, as I have several times in the past. ;(

It just seems to me that a site that obviously costs money to maintain, and one that explicitly offers the owners a means of recuperating costs via subscriptions, should expect to understand why a frequent poster, someone I define to be one with over 1000 posts, remains a non-subscriber. This is the thread wherein you can lay it all on the line and be heard.

I don't think that reasons along the lines of "well, TOL's views are different from mine" hold much merit. Clearly, my own views are at odds with many herein. For me, the value received, versus the value extended, is the only factor in a monetary decision. If you have spent the time to make over 1000 posts here you have obviously formulated a value proposition, and it begs the question of the opening post of this thread: Why do you remain a blue subscriber?

Thoughts?

AMR

:first: POTD :up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.