Knight's Pick 07-31-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Extremely creative.... this is good stuff. :up:

Hi my names ragTagblues and I am a recovering TOLaholic, I was asked here today to give you a motivational speech. Let me start by telling you my story. . . . . .

Like many I see here today I was once a young buck with all the promise and potential as a Tom Cruise film; but then like most Tom Cruise films it when horribley awry. . . . . . . . I was typing frantically, I had to get this paper in on abortion the next day and it was already 2 o'clock in the morning, I had already taken enough pro-plus so that I could count the individual wing strokes of the blue bottle flying insanely round the room. I was at a loss, the lighting crashed with a boom as if enjoying my plight, the world seem to be laughing at me for my lack of any articulate words to wright down. I had one last chance I realized as the opening bar to Hotel Califronia started playing softly in the background, this was my dark desert high-way. Google, the worlds best teacher in all things, would it be my saviour or would let me down like a cheap bra? I type in the words that will make my immediate future better or worse, to my astonishment TOL is number one on the list, I hear 'there were voices down that corridor' and I think it an omen. . . . . . . Before I new it I was signed up and my first post was complete, then came the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on. Before I new it I was in a frenzy of theology my paper forgotten about the blue bottle was still flying figure of eight over my head as he could feel the energy coming from this maniac sat at his computer tying faster and faster with the urg to post. I was hooked from that day I eventually lost everything - my family, my freinds, the urge to go to the bathroom to releif myself I had become a junkie. I started stealling over people's ideas just so I could get another hit on ToL, I had to keep using a broken and bloodied key bored knowing full well I could get a replacement, but I just couldn't stay away. In a moment I loast everything. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . Now I have got my life back on track; but I'm not the man I used to be. I still wake up in the night screaming for ToL, my girlfreind thinks I'm cheating on her when I murmur names like Town Heretic, billybob or Knight in my sleep. My fingers ache for the feel of the keyboard, my mind yearns for enlightenment; but this is my curse and I will have to live with it for the rest of my days.

This is my story.

Learn from it.

ragTag

:first:

Aimiel

Excellent pick. One of the best pieces of creative writing I've seen on TOL. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.