Knight's pick 04-19-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ragTagblues, was pondering accepting that a God might exist and he was getting some interesting advice from Quincy but Tom O came in and made the best post of the thread. :up:
My advise to you RagTag is to take a break from the site. I mean that in the nicest way. You may be getting to caught up in some people's self-aggrandizing. If you genuinely feel compelled, then study all the available information, supportive or contradictive.

:squint: How is that any different than being on the site?

....Not that I disagree with taking a break, but from a purely realistic standpoint it's just as easy to get caught up with other peoples self-aggrandizing as it is to get caught up with "some" peoples.

See if it's in and of itself worth devotion to for the right reasons. Don't just ascribe to a faith you don't feel because some people use scare tactics to teach a hell doctrine. No good comes from fear, regardless what they will tell you. They just want you to help self-fulfill prophecy. Remember, making yourself believe something doesn't mean it's actual.

I agree with this 100% actually. :plain:

Ragtag,

Look.....I'm telling you GOD exists. I don't expect you to believe me just because I say so. What I do expect you to do is seek the Truth of the matter (which it appears you are doing).

Try a little experiment.....just assume for a few minutes that HE does exist and talk to HIM, tell HIM how you feel about this whole thing , and ask what HE wants of you and your beliefs. (In the end it all comes down to you and HIM anyway). Just keep an open mind and assume you will get an answer....don't set a time limit or have any expectations beyond that. Then just start reading the Book.....it doesn't matter where you begin. Just make the commitment to read it all. If something interests you; read it again. To be honest, what do you have to loose? :idunno:

...Where things go from there is between you and HIM.....or not.
:first:

ragTagblues

As sound and as balanced advice I have been given on the issue and I thank you for it TomO; but I ended up being true to myself, still none the less. . . . a well overdue thanks is in order!

Status
Not open for further replies.