Knight and Zman one on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z Man

ShadowMaid said:
Right. Because your arguement contradicts itself.
I really don't have 'an argument'. I simply posted Scriptures. They do the 'arguing' for me.

In 2 Samuel 24, do you not read that God moved David to take the census? And do we not read later on that God punishes David for it?

Z Man

novice said:
Take you Calvinist glasses off.
Please, put some on! I don't care what kind they are, just put on some glasses! You're as blind as a bat!
Verse 8 simple states that those that are disobedient (whoever they are) in verse 7 will stumble because Jesus is the stumbling block! Its the natural consequence of disbelief.
Can you not read?

1 Peter 2:8
They stumble because they disobey the word, AS THEY WERE DESTINED TO DO..

Z Man

death2impiety said:
My point was that you're confusing the verses.
How so?

Would you care to share with the rest of us how the Scriptural references that I have posted have been 'confused' by me? They speak for themselves; there's nothing I have done with them, except post them for all to read.
Yet this is counterproductive. Surely His glory would be better experienced within a showing of true perfection.
Well, when you become God, you can do it your way, how's that?
God cannot judge someone who He ordained to sin against Him.
Who's gonna stop Him?

ShadowMaid

Z Man said:
I really don't have 'an argument'. I simply posted Scriptures. They do the 'arguing' for me.

In 2 Samuel 24, do you not read that God moved David to take the census? And do we not read later on that God punishes David for it?

But the question is, do you really understand what they're trying to say?

Z Man

ShadowMaid said:
But the question is, do you really understand what they're trying to say?
Of course I do! Why else would I spend all my time up here babbling away trying to show ya'll what they are saying?

drbrumley

Z Man said:
Please, put some on! I don't care what kind they are, just put on some glasses! You're as blind as a bat!

Can you not read?

No one has resisted God’s counsel. He has determined that everyone will have room for repentance, and they do. But they can resist His counsel for them. Luke 7:30 shows us that: “But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him.”

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Would you care to share with the rest of us how the Scriptural references that I have posted have been 'confused' by me? They speak for themselves; there's nothing I have done with them, except post them for all to read.

If anyone is still interested in this thread, I will do so when I return from my trip on July 12!!! Have a great 4th everyone, I'm off to Myrtle Beach! :wave: :bannana:

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Z Man said:
Can you not read?

Right!

Anyone who is disobediant is destined to stumbe.

DESTINE.

Not PRE-DESTINE.

If you fail to save for your retirement your destined to be poor when you retire.

That is very different from being predestined to be poor at retirement.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
death2impiety said:
If anyone is still interested in this thread, I will do so when I return from my trip on July 12!!! Have a great 4th everyone, I'm off to Myrtle Beach! :wave: :bannana:
Sweet!

Have fun!

drbrumley

novice said:
Right!

Anyone who is disobediant is destined to stumbe.

DESTINE.

Not PRE-DESTINE.

If you fail to save for your retirement your destined to be poor when you retire.

Points awarded. Good job.

Z Man

drbrumley said:
[God] has determined that everyone will have room for repentance, and they do.
Where does it say such a thing in Scriptures?

I can show you some that prove otherwise:

- This is straight from the mouth of Jesus:

Matthew 13:10-15
And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?" He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive; For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them.'

- In other words, God does not will that some be saved. He may desire that all come to know Him, but it's not His will. What a blow to your theology, eh? Oh, and there's plenty more...

John 12:37-41
But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke: "Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again: "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them." These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him.

Acts 13:48
Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

2 Corinthians 4:3-6
But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus' sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.

Deuturonomy 29:4
"Yet to this day the Lord has not given you a heart to know, nor eyes to see, nor ears to hear."

2 Thesselonians 2.11
For this reason God sends them a strong delusion so that they will believe what is false.

Isaiah 44:18
They know not, nor do they discern, for God has shut their eyes, so that they cannot see, and their hearts, so that they cannot understand.

Proverbs 16:4
The LORD has prepared everything for His purpose - even the wicked for the day of disaster.
But they can resist His counsel for them. Luke 7:30 shows us that: “But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him.”
Here's it's obvious that God's will was a commandment - to be baptized. Yet, the Pharisees refused to be baptized. Everyone has rejected God's will in this way, for no one has fully lived up to His commandments, except for One.

Z Man

novice said:
Right!

Anyone who is disobediant is destined to stumble.

DESTINE.

Not PRE-DESTINE.

:crackup:

Come on man! This is a bunch of crap you have obviously made up to steer clear of the extemely clear and obvious message of this verse. It is freakin' hilarious to see you squirm like this!

des·tine - tr.v. des·tined, des·tin·ing, des·tines
  • To determine beforehand; preordain

They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.

Now take a good look at this verse. I'm going to give you a brief lesson in English. First of all, before we really go over the sentence, you must take notice of the last half of this sentence, after the comma. As they were destined to do is entirely in past tense, indicating that their disobediance to the word was destined BEFORE they actually disobeyed.

Ok, so, let's see what this sentence is saying (which is obvious in and of itself, but it seems Novice is having some difficulties with it... :chuckle: ). They in this verse refers to 'those who are disobedient' in v.7. So what is this sentence saying about 'they'? Well, it says that they stumble. Why do they stumble? Well, because they disobey the word. But why do they disobey the word?

BECAUSE THEY WERE DESTINED TO!

Duh. :doh: Got it now chief?

Status
Not open for further replies.