ECT Kingdom Of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The revelations of scripture are for now. The revelation of Jesus Christ in the book of revelations is future.
Are you saying that John knew Jesus would be revealed at a later date? Or was Jesus revealed to John before he wrote the book of Revelation down?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying that John knew Jesus would be revealed at a later date? Or was Jesus revealed to John before he wrote the book of Revelation down?

I said
Maybe I should ask you what you mean by revealed.
But it is very plain to see that John knew God and Jesus.
Rev 1:1-6

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants-- things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,
2 who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.
4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Maybe I should ask you what you mean by revealed.
But it is very plain to see that John knew God and Jesus.
Rev 1:1-6

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants-- things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,
2 who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.
4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
(NKJ)
He knew them. His knowledge of them was not a future knowledge. But there are things that were to shortly take place.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
What do you mean by revealed?
I mean in the Revelation of Jesus Jesus is revealed.

I mean God has revealed Himself to us through creation and our conscience.

I mean the Bible is the revealed or written word of God.

I mean the Holy Spirit can reveal scripture or illumine the heart toward or in regard to scripture.

The word reveal is different from the word revelation. But they are related.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I mean in the Revelation of Jesus Jesus is revealed.

I mean God has revealed Himself to us through creation and our conscience.

I mean the Bible is the revealed or written word of God.

I mean the Holy Spirit can reveal scripture or illumine the heart toward or in regard to scripture.

The word reveal is different from the word revelation. But they are related.

I said
ok

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
What is wrong with you? Your rambling. A revelation is when something is revealed to you.
There are two fundamental revelations.

The revelation of God in His creation, and the revelation of God in His word... the Bible.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Maybe if you show me scripture about what your saying I might be able to understand it.
Do you know about general revelation and specific revelation?

What do you say of God's creation? What about what you say about the Bible, God's word?

Scripture is definitely specific.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you know about general revelation and specific revelation?

What do you say of God's creation? What about what you say about the Bible, God's word?

Scripture is definitely specific.

I said
If you believe that why don't you try to prove what you say with scripture. I think it would shorten your conversations a lot.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
If you believe that why don't you try to prove what you say with scripture. I think it would shorten your conversations a lot.
The revelation of God in creation is clearly seen in Romans 1 as well as other places.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
So you don't have the scripture to back up what you say.
Romans 1 is scripture Squeaky.

Romans 1:20 NASB - For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Romans 1 is scripture Squeaky.

Romans 1:20 NASB - For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

I said
Very good. But that isn't a revelations of Jesus Christ. That is a milk revelation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Very good. But that isn't a revelations of Jesus Christ. That is a milk revelation.
It's a revelation of God in creation. It has nothing to do with the milk understanding of the gospel and salvation that a new believer is brought up on.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It's a revelation of God in creation. It has nothing to do with the milk understanding of the gospel and salvation that a new believer is brought up on.

I said
The bible is written in the milk understanding. And all anyone can see one verse at a time is the milk understanding. And they get the milk revelations from it. Everything you get when your reading the scriptures is the milk understanding. It isn't until the scriptures start popping up in your head that you get the meat understanding.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The bible is written in the milk understanding. And all anyone can see one verse at a time is the milk understanding. And they get the milk revelations from it. Everything you get when your reading the scriptures is the milk understanding. It isn't until the scriptures start popping up in your head that you get the meat understanding.
Hebrews 5:14 NASB - But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.