Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Granite
The question's really used by believers of all kinds to gauge the "real" or "deepest" reasons a non-believer remains outside the fold. There's any number of different answers, each that could theoretically be used depending on the deity in question. As a thought experiment related to the God TOL is most acquainted with, there's simply no defense possible, or of any use. Which is why I wouldn't offer one.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Squishes
Not enough evidence, God, not enough evidence.

--Bertrand Russell

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Silent Hunter
Dude . . . you set the criteria at "believe you exist" . . . not "know you exist" . . . what did you expect?
All three of you have the wrong idea as to what God is looking for. It's no wonder that you are confused and have a ill impression of God.

God merely wants you.... to want to BE with Him. He wants to fellowship with you, He wants you to choose Him over the alternative.

Your belief in Him, His death on the cross, and His paying the penalty for your sins is done on faith. You may have very little belief in the actual events or the exact manner in which it all occurred. Yet if you put your faith in Him in that you truly desire to be with Him as opposed to the alternative then God will handle the rest.

One might say... God I'm really struggling to believe what is written in your word but I want to put my faith in you because that's where I want to spend eternity, with You! In other words.... nobody can force themselves to believe something they don't believe. But we can choose to pick a side and have faith that we are making the right choice because deep down inside it's what we really and truly want. The thing is, none of you want to be with God regardless if He exists or not. You are making the conscious effort to reject Him and then writing off that choice as mandatory because you don't believe the details of the story. God is a gentlemen, He isn't going to kidnap you and take you someplace where you don't want to be. He grants everyone their own choice and holds them responsible for that choice.

The bottom line is... one might only have the belief of a mustard seed but if they place their faith in Him because they would rather be with Him eternally than choose the alternative, God will welcome you into His kingdom with open arms.

A very nice refutation for the atheist complaints about God. Put in a very gentle manner that I very much admire. This post reveals Knight's intent for having this site--To allow the nonbeliever a look at what God really is like, a gentleman. The Christians on here ought to ponder this post in how they treat others on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.