Kett's pick 06/27/2013 -john w on the importance of rightly dividing scripture.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a TOL grand slam. In his clever style john w stresses the importance of rightly dividing scripture. In fact we are commanded to do it.
Nobody "follows Jesus," in this dispensation, "obeys Jesus," who taught the law.

But, assuming we wacko, "bible chopping/splitting" "MADists" are incorrect, and additionally, that "The New "Covenant"/"Testament" began immediately after the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, this would necessitate that the Holy Spirit led, the Holy Spirit indwelt believers of the "early Acts"("Acts 2"), were "following Jesus" of "The New "Covenant"/"Testament". And this is what we know these early believers did during this same period:

"And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart..." Acts 2:46 KJV

"Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour." Acts 3:1 KJV

"Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms." Acts 3:1 KJV

"And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought." Acts 5:21 KJV

"Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people." Acts 5:25 KJV

"And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ." Acts 5:42 KJV

Anyone "following Jesus" by going to the temple to teach and preach the Lord Jesus Christ? If not, why not? After all, this is "New "Covenant/Testament" ground, is it not? If you are, are you "worshiping Peter, John....?

Perhaps:

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common;..." Acts 2:44 KJV

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,.." Acts 4:32-34 KJV

Anyone here sell all/"forsake all"/"leave all"? Anyone have "all things in common"? Can you send me my share? This is "New "Covenant/Testament" ground, is it not? Are you "worshiping" these people here by following them? Or are you following Jesus"?

(Gee, I wonder when "free enterprise" was instituted under "The New "Covenant"/"Testament"? Oh, here it is!: "Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea..."Acts 11:29 KJV)

Anyone here speaking in tongues? "You know", "Shamba Lai Mumbo Jumbo"? After all, this is "New "Covenant/Testament" ground, is it not? The "early Acts 2" believers did, did they not? If you do, are you not "worshiping" these believers? Paul spoke in tongues. If you do speak in tongues, then are you "following Paul"? Are you not "worshiping Paul"? If you say, "Yes, but tongues are not for today.....", then your "argument" that we "follow Jesus" under "The New "Covenant"/"Testament" falls apart, does it not? And you do "divide" the Holy Bible, do you not? Are you then Acts 5? Or how about Acts 10? Or how about Acts 11:29 KJV(that way, you can still justify free enterprise!)

On the other hand, if you say you do speak in tongues, then you are admitting that you do not, in fact, "follow Jesus", under "The New "Covenant"/"Testament, are you not? There is no scriptural testimony that the Lord Jesus Christ spoke in tongues. So, were the "early Acts" believers "following Jesus" when they spoke in tongues under "The New "Covenant"/"Testament, even though the Lord Jesus Christ never spoke in tongues, either prior to the death, burial, and resurrection, or after? Would you say you were "worshiping" these early Acts believers, and not "following Jesus"?

Rightly divide the word of truth-that is a command, not a suggestion.

I know, I know.....the 'context' is.....we will pray for you, my dear, misguided, wacko John W.....
I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Welcome back john and keep up the good work. :thumb:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I am following Paul....he exhorted that we earnestly desire the gifts but especially that we might prophesy....he would that we all spake with other tongues...Christ did not speak in tongues but He said that we would.

rightly divide the word, command not suggestion

Oh I know I know... "Paul's progressive revelation...." the Holy Ghost did not record it for us, it is for Dora the explorer.

Whacko Pentecostal