ECT Kenosis

0scar

Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
The above is the Kenosis

verse 8 denotes that the Kenosis have been done and proceed with what followed the Kenosis
8 And being found in appearance as a man,

That is the humbling which ocurred after the Kenosis, being already empty
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

0scar

TRANS + FIGURED = MOVEMENT FROM ONE (figure) TO ANOTHER...

You see, in order to be TRANSFIGURED, you must be transfigured FROM something TO something...

And the drenching of your tail is coming from your avoidance of addressing these two somethings...

One CANNOT POSSIBLY be TRANSFIGURED from SOMETHING to the VERY SAME THING

One is transfigured from one figure into another figure.

Where do you see Jesus having two natures? i can see Jesus changing/moving from one figure into another figure. what that is, is the Kenosis: moving from one form into another form, movion from being God into the likeness of man.

I see more conection between figure and form, between figure and likeness, than between figure and essence or nature.

0scar

μετεμορφώθη transfiguration

μορφῇ = form

the transfiguration confirm the Kenosis teach by Paul in Philipians 2

0scar

Paul do think and teach it. the rest is all empty human philosophy trying to denay the Bible imposing human thingking.

Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
The above is the Kenosis

verse 8 denotes that the Kenosis have been done and proceed with what followed the Kenosis
8 And being found in appearance as a man,

That is the humbling which ocurred after the Kenosis, being already empty
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

0scar

”The verb ‘to empty’ is used elsewhere in the Pauline Epistles four times (Romans 4:14; 1 Corinthians 1:17; 1 Corinthians 9:15), and in each instance it is used in the sense of ‘to bring to nothing,’ ‘to make worthless,’ or ‘to empty of significance.’

"For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect" The faith is literally emptied out of all it value, and became of no efect at all.

"For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect". The cross of Christ should literally made emty (lost all) of any value or efect.

"But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void".

Kenosis means a state where it ends with no contein at all. Emtying (kenosis) a container until nothing at all is in it.

6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied himself,
taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

Christ emptyied of being equal to God.
Christ emptyed of being in the form of God.

0scar

It is time to maature, to grow up and to consume solid food instead of formula milk.
The Kenosis is right there, teach by Paul to the Philipians.
Christ did incarnate by emptying himself of being equal to God.
Whether you like it or not is Scriptural Doctrine.
Everything else is human formula milk (not even the real milk)

Preceptive

Yes

Yes

In this threath I will discuss only Kenosis

”The verb ‘to empty’ is used elsewhere in the Pauline Epistles four times (Romans 4:14; 1 Corinthians 1:17; 1 Corinthians 9:15), and in each instance it is used in the sense of ‘to bring to nothing,’ ‘to make worthless,’ or ‘to empty of significance.’

"For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect" The faith is literally emptied out of all it value, and became of no efect at all.

"For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect". The cross of Christ should literally made emty (lost all) of any value or efect.

"But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void".

Kenosis means a state where it ends with no contein at all. Emtying (kenosis) a container until nothing at all is in it.

To compare the transition from infinite Godhead to human being is comparable to saying completely emptied, reduced to nothing.

0scar

To compare the transition from infinite Godhead to human being is comparable to saying completely emptied, reduced to nothing.

interesting human philosophy. can you found anything similar in the Bible? I am sure you can not. what we found is that we are in likeness of God. we are call "gods".

0scar

1010???????

is it God minus something or is it God plus something?
the HU say Christ it is God plus something, divine plus human
God + man = Christ
God + man is more that God
Christ is more than God.
but in Hebrew we read that Christ is less than the angels, not bigger than God

God - something = Christ
Christ lesses than God.
Christ always put himself below the Father