Jupiter's Io

mikejohnson553

Recently, I listened to a podcast about Io and the unknown heating mechanism required to explain observations, being evidence of a young solar system.

I thought I would comment a bit on this. Io was described as tiny, but it is one of the 12 largest objects after the Sun in the solar system. Between the Sun and the Earth's Moon in mass, there are 12 objects in the solar system:

1. Jupiter
2. Saturn
3. Neptune
4. Uranus
5. Earth
6. Venus
7. Mars
8. Mercury
9. Jupiter's Ganymede
10. Saturn's Titan (the subject of my doctoral dissertation in the late 1980s)
11. Jupiter's Callisto
12. Jupiter's Io

Then of course, the Earth's moon.

The same 12 show up in slightly different order, if ranked by radius.

I thought you might appreciate the number 12 in objects between the Sun and Moon in size in our solar system. They are in 3 groups of 4: gas giants, terrestrial planets, and moons of gas giants.

BTW, NASA lists 146 confirmed and 27 proposed moons in the solar system.

DavisBJ

Recently, I listened to a podcast about Io and the unknown heating mechanism required to explain observations, being evidence of a young solar system.

I thought I would comment a bit on this. Io was described as tiny, but it is one of the 12 largest objects after the Sun in the solar system. Between the Sun and the Earth's Moon in mass, there are 12 objects in the solar system:

1. Jupiter
2. Saturn
3. Neptune
4. Uranus
5. Earth
6. Venus
7. Mars
8. Mercury
9. Jupiter's Ganymede
11. Jupiter's Callisto
12. Jupiter's Io

I thought you might appreciate the number 12 in objects between the Sun and Moon in size in our solar system. They are in 3 groups of 4: gas giants, terrestrial planets, and moons of gas giants.

See this thread: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=862588#post862588

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

1. Jupiter
2. Saturn
3. Neptune
4. Uranus
5. Earth
6. Venus
7. Mars
8. Mercury
9. Jupiter's Ganymede
11. Jupiter's Callisto
12. Jupiter's Io

What does this have to do with BEL?