Judas Goats At Home

WeberHome

Re:

Re:

I know you don’t like to answer questions about God and love, since I asked you if you believe God is Love, and love never fails. But you didn’t respond.

Regarding this loving God about whom you speak: what's the source of your information about Him? Encyclopedia Britannica? Wikipedia? The Vedas? The Book Of Mormon? The Bible? The Koran? National Geographic Magazine? TIME Magazine? Hallmark Xmas cards? Webster's Dictionary? Dolly Parton? What?

ps: I'm not being a wise guy. I'd really like to first know the source before responding to your inquiry.

BTW: Has anybody besides me been encountering difficulty logging on?
_

Arthur Brain

Zero people have gone to fry in hell since your post because there is no such place if there be a loving God. Do you believe in a loving God?

I know you don’t like to answer questions about God and love, since I asked you if you believe God is Love, and love never fails. But you didn’t respond.

IDK...maybe hell was borrowed from those magnificently intellectually gifted Greeks as a means of controlling people and their finances. I mean, that would make way more sense than trying to believe that God is Love, but he also is into tormenting people for all eternity.

What better way to control people and keep them in line than manipulate them through fear, especially when the church had so much power?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Ok, so you're not. That's all I need to know.

Thanks

That's what I thought. You were looking for a reason to dismiss my posts. Now you got what you need. You may go back to your merry life believing that God may place you in hell to burn, boil, and bubble forever.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

Regarding this loving God about whom you speak: what's the source of your information about Him? Encyclopedia Britannica? Wikipedia? The Vedas? The Book Of Mormon? The Bible? The Koran? National Geographic Magazine? TIME Magazine? Hallmark Xmas cards? Webster's Dictionary? Dolly Parton? What?

ps: I'm not being a wise guy. I'd really like to first know the source before responding to your inquiry.

BTW: Has anybody besides me been encountering difficulty logging on?
_

I gave you my source in post #28, I believe it was. 1 John chapter 4 and 1 Corinthians 13.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
What better way to control people and keep them in line than manipulate them through fear, especially when the church had so much power?

Exactly. Since it can be shown that it is the Catholics who are largely responsible, if not completely responsible for the bible as we know it, and that unnamed Catholic editors have made additions to the bible text many times over the years, who's to say that they couldn't have slipped that false doctrine in?

WeberHome

Re:

Re:

And you think this is how God is? He becomes so enraged and furious that he becomes red in the face and wants to lash out with fierce animalistic violence to punish and destroy the objects of his anger?

YES

1. Do you believe that God is love as the Bible states in 1 John chapter four?

YES

2. Do you believe that love never fails as the Bible states in 1 Cor chapter 13?

YES

However: In my honest opinion; it's out of character for a potentate known for compassion, kindness, mercy, forgiveness, and sensitivity to terminate the people He created with extreme prejudice via a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron and then leaving them there to simmer in sulfur fumes; despairing, thirsty, and in agony for all eternity. It's like there's two totally different Gods in the Bible: one is as sweet and kind as Sleeping Beauty and the other is as mean and heartless as a boot full of barbed wire.

Christians leery about appearing blasphemous stretch their imaginations making excuses for the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality exemplified by the Bible's God. But were they to reveal their innermost secret thoughts, I think you'd find that many of them agree with me that the Bible's God appears to the logical mind as somewhat bi-polar, unreasonable, cruel, and sadistic.

So, if that's how I feel, then why am I a Christian? Well; my mind tells me that it's all just a clever fantasy. But I cannot shake the conviction that what I read in the Bible about the hereafter is true; though I cannot prove, nor do I believe it possible to prove, that the Bible's supernatural components are reality.

Faith is believin' what you know ain't so.
(Mark Twain)
_

Arthur Brain

Exactly. Since it can be shown that it is the Catholics who are largely responsible, if not completely responsible for the bible as we know it, and that unnamed Catholic editors have made additions to the bible text many times over the years, who's to say that they couldn't have slipped that false doctrine in?

It totally smacks of man made horror to keep the population under obeyance doesn't it? Many of those who taught such also preached of a literal and fiery "hell" or "lake" and even non baptised children would be cast into such. Nice, eh?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Yes. The site has been locking me out 15 minutes at a time all week long.

Weberhome, I was trying to reply to you but my computer has gone wonky. There is something off with this website. I mean, I find it interesting and kinda fun....but it has taken me three hours to log on just now.

I finally have an evening after work when I can respond to all the posts I can speak intelligently to...and I’m locked out.

If I didn’t know better - and I don’t - I’d say some people around here pushing buttons may not wish me to be posting. I could be wrong, but I’ve never had this problem before, and I’ve been doing this long time. I’m one of the OG’s on discussion forums like this.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
It totally smacks of man made horror to keep the population under obeyance doesn't it? Many of those who taught such also preached of a literal and fiery "hell" or "lake" and even non baptised children would be cast into such. Nice, eh?

Absolutely. Religion is powerful.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
However: In my honest opinion; it's out of character for a potentate known for compassion, kindness, mercy, forgiveness, and sensitivity to terminate the people He created with extreme prejudice via a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron and then leaving them there to simmer in sulfur fumes; despairing, thirsty, and in agony for all eternity. It's like there's two totally different Gods in the Bible: one is as sweet and kind as Sleeping Beauty and the other is as mean and heartless as a boot full of barbed wire.

Yes.

Christians leery about appearing blasphemous stretch their imaginations making excuses for the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality exemplified by the Bible's God. But were they to reveal their innermost secret thoughts, I think you'd find that many of them agree with me that the Bible's God appears to the logical mind as somewhat bi-polar, unreasonable, cruel, and sadistic

Yes again.

So, if that's how I feel, then why am I a Christian? Well; my mind tells me that it's all just a clever fantasy. But I cannot shake the conviction that what I read in the Bible about the hereafter is true; though I cannot prove, nor do I believe it possible to prove, that the Bible's supernatural components are reality.

Fair enough.

Faith is believin' what you know ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Well quoted.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

Hell is similar to Ryker's Island, San Quentin, and Folsom.

1• It's a penal colony

2• It's a quarantine.
_

Right. Well, there's a few things from the Bible that I like, and I've mentioned them several times already here. That God is love and love never fails strikes me as a worthy couple of notions. If God is good, then there is no such place as the hell that many Christian people believe in....like being on fire forever...because that would be the opposite of good or love, in the extreme.

As far as a penal colony and a quarantine, I don't see why we should not consider ourselves to be in that right now. FWIW.