John 10:30 – Jesus is The Son of God

marhig

Look at you, directly contradicting what the Lord Jesus Himself said. :rolleyes:

They knew exactly what they were doing.

This is Jesus talking to pilate in John 19

therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

I can't believe that people are trying to justify the murder of Jesus by saying that the pharasees didn't know what they were doing?

Yes they did! They knew it was wrong to kill, and they used false witnesseses and lies to murder Jesus. What they didn't know is that they were killing their Messiah because they were blinded to him by the hardness of their hearts.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Luke 23:34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”

This is Jesus talking to pilate in John 19

therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

I can't believe that people are trying to justify the murder of Jesus by saying that the pharasees didn't know what they were doing?

Yes they did! They knew it was wrong to kill, and they used false witnesseses and lies to murder Jesus.
Correcting the Lord Jesus Christ. Nice; real nice. :rolleyes:

Just read and believe, or knock it off about being a Christian.

marhig

Correcting the Lord Jesus Christ. Nice; real nice. :rolleyes:

Just read and believe, or knock it off about being a Christian.

No I'm not, they knew it was wrong to kill even Jesus said this himself, Jesus even said that they were listening to their father the devil. What they didn't know is that Jesus was the Messiah but they had the law of Moses, thou shalt not kill, Jesus even said to them, what sin do you convict me of, they didn't have any, they just bore false witness against him . And Jesus was asking God to forgive them because of this. Jesus was very forgiving he came and he overcame evil with good, he came with a forgiving heart. And because Jesus asked God to forgive them doesn't mean he will, they would have to repent first.

Acts 3

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

And further down the chapter

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Acts 5

And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.[b/]

Maybe you should take your own example about reading and believing!

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

I've answered you before jerry regarding Thomas, and you keep asking me again and again.

I don't remember your answer. Please tell me again why Thomas would call the Lord Jesus "God"?

And Jesus did this he was in the express image of God. Why can't you see what I'm saying? We saw God through Jesus and Jesus was in his absolute express image!

The Lord Jesus is in the form of God and the word form means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision." Therefore, we can know that it is the Lord Jesus who is sitting on the throne of God and the Lamb here:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus forgiving them doesn't mean that they didn't know what they were doing. Yes they did. They just didn't realise that they were crucifying the Messiah. But they knew it was a sin before God to kill.

Still it's possible Jesus died for them since he died for sinners.

marhig

No, you're wrong in fact.

There are many gospels and there is one God in three persons. Deal with it.
You believe which one of those gospels that you wish. but I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

My family have come to visit. I will have to answer any more later.

Jerry Shugart

Then why does Peter say this to the Jews?:

"But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers" (Acts 2:14-17).​

Jerry Shugart

And the cross Jesus bore our sins on, is the same cross that we have to bare when we follow him.

So the Cross spoken of here is not the Cross upon which the Lord died?:

"He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness" (1 Pet.2:24).​

All you prove is the fact that you will say anything, no matter how ridiculous, in order to cover up your giant blunders!

Right Divider

Body part
Which one of the three caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus?
Luke 1:34-35 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:34) Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? (1:35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Luke 1:34-35 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:34) Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? (1:35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Are you saying the person of the Holy Spirit caused Mary to become pregnant?

Or are you saying the Holy Spirit is not a person but the mechanism by which the Father performs his work?

Jerry Shugart

Are you saying the person of the Holy Spirit caused Mary to become pregnant?

Actually, there is no definite article (the) preceding the words "holy spirit."

So the meaning is this:

"and the angel answered and said unto her, holy spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I just quoted the Bible; what does it say?

It says Mary was impregnated by the force of the Highest. So the Holy Spirit is not a person but a spiritual force. This is the same force the Word used to create all things.

Some people claim the force of the Highest is a person, but we see this is simply not true.

When Mary became pregnant only two person were involved, the child's father and the child's mother. No third person.

Right Divider

Body part
It says Mary was impregnated by the force of the Highest. So the Holy Spirit is not a person but a spiritual force. This is the same force the Word used to create all things.
Nonsensical claim on your part.

In Acts 5, Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit.... you cannot lie to a "force".

Some people claim the force of the Highest is a person, but we see this is simply not true.
You're either confused or a liar.

When Mary became pregnant only two person were involved, the child's father and the child's mother. No third person.
God and Mary.... yep... that's TWO.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In Acts 5, Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit.... you cannot lie to a "force".

For the sake of discussion let's say that Mary became pregnant by the power of the Highest. The word "power" is translated from the Greek dunamis. So what does dunamis mean?

Strong's Concordance

dunamis: (miraculous) power, might, strength
Original Word: δύναμις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: dunamis
Phonetic Spelling: (doo'-nam-is)
Short Definition: might, power, marvelous works
Definition: (a) physical power, force, might, ability, efficacy, energy, meaning (b) plur: powerful deeds, deeds showing (physical) power, marvelous works.​

Jerry Shugart

No I'm not, they knew it was wrong to kill even Jesus said this himself, Jesus even said that they were listening to their father the devil. What they didn't know is that Jesus was the Messiah but they had the law of Moses, thou shalt not kill, Jesus even said to them, what sin do you convict me of, they didn't have any...

They wanted to kill Him for this reason:

"The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God" (Jn.19:7).​