Jesus is God !

Iconodule

Consider that there was Christ before there was Jesus.

The Son of God existed from eternity, eternally begotten of the Father, and was incarnate and in taking flesh also took the name "Jesus". That does not mean Jesus is a different person from the Son of God.

Jesus has a God, you can not have a God and be the almighty god. Jesus tells us that his father is the only true God. I believe him. I do think Christ is a form of god.

The Father is the one true God. The Son, being of one essence with the Father, is also the one true God.

What does "form of god" mean? Either he is God, or he is a created being and therefore not God. If Jesus Christ is not God he could not be the Savior, because only God could save us.

Your teaching sounds much like what Arius preached. That's not good.

In the beginning was the "logos", what is the "logos"

The Logos is the Son of God, who took flesh and is now known as Jesus.

Friend, TOL would be very dull if we all agreed. Its OK to think YOUR way, I just think your wrong.

Do you feel that people are attacking your freedom of speech whenever they disagree with you? Are you so insecure in your beliefs?

Pneuma

I am using the term nature/ essence ("ousia") in the same way that the Fathers of the Church used it. Perhaps you mean something else.

The nature of God is not "in" us. Our souls are impermanent by nature; only by God's grace are they immortal, because God is the only one immortal by nature.

And He/God gives us that immortal nature.

Jesus is only the HEAD of the body of Christ.

Christ is a many membered body.

Pneuma

What does "form of god" mean? Either he is God, or he is a created being and therefore not God. If Jesus Christ is not God he could not be the Savior, because only God could save us.

Adam/man was created of God, Jesus Christ was born of God.

That which is born is not created.

keypurr

The Son of God existed from eternity, eternally begotten of the Father, and was incarnate and in taking flesh also took the name "Jesus". That does not mean Jesus is a different person from the Son of God.

Yes, the father is nat a creation, but I believe his son is.

The Father is the one true God. The Son, being of one essence with the Father, is also the one true God.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Nope, believe Jesus, see the word "only"

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

God has no limits friend, he can create another god if he so desires.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Your teaching sounds much like what Arius preached. That's not good.

Why?

The Logos is the Son of God, who took flesh and is now known as Jesus.

Scholars have debated that for centuries.

Do you feel that people are attacking your freedom of speech whenever they disagree with you? Are you so insecure in your beliefs?

No, but your new here and I did not want you to think I was after your skin. I do not mean to offend, just discuss. but we should always question if we know enough about God.

Pneuma

Again, we do not have the nature of God. God's nature is infinitely impenetrable and incomprehensible. We only know God through his energies.

Here's a starter so you can understand what I mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essenc...re_of_the_essence-energies_distinction_in_God

Icon Christ is a many membered body, it is NOT just one person named Jesus. Jesus is just the HEAD of the body.

And if Gods nature is impenetrable and incomprehensible the no one can have eternal life.

To know God is to KNOW Him, not just know about Him.

Iconodule

Icon Christ is a many membered body, it is NOT just one person named Jesus. Jesus is just the HEAD of the body.

You are confused about the use of the term "Body of Christ" to refer to the Church. In the Church, we are united to Christ, especially by partaking of his Body and Blood in communion. That is why the Church is called "Body of Christ". Christ of course is the head of the Church. But Jesus Christ remains one person.

And if Gods nature is impenetrable and incomprehensible the no one can have eternal life.

Not so. God grants us eternal life by his grace.

To know God is to KNOW Him, not just know about Him.

Yes, and the best way to know him is to enter into his Church, instead of just trying to cobble together your own understanding from what you read.

Iconodule

Listen to Saint Athanasius:

God made all things out of nothing through His own Word, our Lord Jesus Christ and of all these His earthly creatures He reserved especial mercy for the race of men. Upon them, therefore, upon men who, as animals, were essentially impermanent, He bestowed a grace which other creatures lacked—namely the impress of His own Image, a share in the reasonable being of the very Word Himself, so that, reflecting Him and themselves becoming reasonable and expressing the Mind of God even as He does.

Pneuma

You are confused about the use of the term "Body of Christ" to refer to the Church. In the Church, we are united to Christ, especially by partaking of his Body and Blood in communion. That is why the Church is called "Body of Christ". Christ of course is the head of the Church. But Jesus Christ remains one person.

12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

The HEAD/Jesus cannot say to the feet/us I have no need of you.

Without us Christ is not complete, thus the whole world is still in travail.

We read in Acts 9:3-6
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Paul was persecuting the body of Christ, yet the Lord said to Paul why persecutest thou ME.

Until the whole body of Christ is crucified there still remains prophesy concerning Christ yet unfulfilled.
Colossians 1:24

24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind/lacking of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body’s sake, which is the church:

There was nothing lacking in Jesus afflictions He paid the full price correct?

Christ is not just the HEAD/JESUS but a many membered body, all prophesy concerning Christ must also be concerning the body and not just the head.

Genesis 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Romans 16:19-20
19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. 20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Hebrews 2:8-9

8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Why do we not see all things put in subjection to Christ?

Because we are the FEET and all things will not be put under subjection until the FEET are made manifest to the world.

But what do we see? We see Jesus the HEAD of the BODY of CHRIST.

Those scriptures do not pertains to Jesus Christ ALONE but to EVERY member of the BODY of CHRIST.

Until the FEET are formed the subjection of all things CANNOT take place.

Thus this prophesy in Gen.3:15 will not be completed until the manifestation of the feet company.

Not so. God grants us eternal life by his grace.

While you might not believe it but Jesus says

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Yes, and the best way to know him is to enter into his Church, instead of just trying to cobble together your own understanding from what you read.

I take it you are referring to the RCC. Sorry but that ain't the church.

The best way to know God the Father is to listen to the HEAD/Jesus because all others only see God the Father through a glass darkly.

Pneuma

Listen to Saint Athanasius:

God made all things out of nothing through His own Word, our Lord Jesus Christ and of all these His earthly creatures He reserved especial mercy for the race of men. Upon them, therefore, upon men who, as animals, were essentially impermanent, He bestowed a grace which other creatures lacked—namely the impress of His own Image, a share in the reasonable being of the very Word Himself, so that, reflecting Him and themselves becoming reasonable and expressing the Mind of God even as He does.

I would rather listen to Jesus for all other see God the Father through a glass darkly.

Pneuma

kp

I have nothing to do with your god !

Beloved we all worship the same God, our understanding of God just differs.

When Moses raised up the serpent we are told that it was a representation of Jesus being lifted up on the cross.

What did the people do with the serpent Moses raised up? They began to worship that serpent as God.

And people are doing the same thing today with Jesus, they worship Him/Jesus as God.

Just as those of olden days made an idol out of the serpent, people today have made an idol out of Jesus.

Jesus is the best of us all, but he is not God the Father.

SeraphimsCherub

These Three Verses Pretty Much Sums It All Up To Me That JESUS IS GOD!

1.Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Because GOD IS THE EVER PRESENT ETERNAL NOW,HE IS therefore changeless,and REMAINS THE SAME ETERNAL EVERLASTING FOREVER. Therefore in Hebrews is written the Divine utterance,and Revelation of this fact:
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

3.Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

I mean...how much clearer can it get by those statements that JESUS IS 100% ALMIGHTY GOD ?? This isn't rocket science folks!

Pneuma

These Three Verses Pretty Much Sums It All Up To Me That JESUS IS GOD!

1.Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Because GOD IS THE EVER PRESENT ETERNAL NOW,HE IS therefore changeless,and REMAINS THE SAME ETERNAL EVERLASTING FOREVER. Therefore in Hebrews is written the Divine utterance,and Revelation of this fact:
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

3.Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

I mean...how much clearer can it get by those statements that JESUS IS 100% ALMIGHTY GOD ?? This isn't rocket science folks!

Sorry but none of those scriptures state Jesus is God the Father, you only get that understanding by inference.

Jesus throughout scripture always makes a distinction between the Father and Himself.

I go to my God and your God

Jesus God is the same as our God.

The Father is greater then I

If Jesus tells us the Father is greater then Him should we not listen to Jesus?

SeraphimsCherub

Anyone can choose to use what ever verses they desire in want to convince another of what they believe. The greater POWER i choose to believe JESUS CHRIST IS{THE MOST HIGH GOD,BOTH IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM,AND THE PHYSICAL} to be. The greater my faith will be in HIM and what HE CAN DO. He who has the POWER to lay down HIS life,and the POWER to RAISE it back up agian. IS GOD. Demons who are a far greater power than you,or I,believe in HIM,and TREMBLE. So we might want to think long and hard about who we choose to believe JESUS CHRIST really is. The MAN put ETERNITY on HIS WORDS,and said..."HEAVEN,AND EARTH SHALL PASS AWAY BUT MY WORDS ABIDETH FOREVER,AND SHALL NEVER PASS AWAY!

SeraphimsCherub

Not that a correct belief in WHO THE HIGHER POWER TRULY is,is in the power of your's or my own will. But is granted by the GRACE OF GOD,and HIM ALONE.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Apple7

I have explained that already, so get to looking !

Let me guess...instead of answering my direct question with a direct answer, this is where you tell me to to read through 1,000 pages that still provides no direct answer....right?