Jesus Changed The Law-Examples

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
[Jhn 14:1
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
[Act 6:14
14 "for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs which Moses delivered to us."
[Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
[Rom 8:32
32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
[1Co 15:3
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
[2Co 1:10
10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver [us],
[Gal 2:19-21
19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."
[Mat 5:21-45
21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.'
22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24 "leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
25 "Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.
26 "Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.
27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast [it] from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast [it] from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34 "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35 "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36 "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37 "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have [your] cloak also.
41 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

[Act 10:8-16
8 So when he had explained all [these] things to them, he sent them to Joppa.
9 The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour.
10 Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance
11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth.
12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air.
13 And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."
14 But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean."
15 And a voice [spoke] to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common."
16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.

keypurr

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
[Jhn 14:1
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
[Act 6:14
14 "for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs which Moses delivered to us."
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
[Rom 8:32
32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
[1Co 15:3
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
[2Co 1:10
10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver [us],
20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."
[Mat 5:21-45
21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.'
22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24 "leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
25 "Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.
26 "Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.
27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast [it] from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast [it] from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34 "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35 "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36 "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37 "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have [your] cloak also.
41 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

[Act 10:8-16
8 So when he had explained all [these] things to them, he sent them to Joppa.
9 The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour.
10 Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance
11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth.
12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air.
13 And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."
14 But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean."
15 And a voice [spoke] to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common."
16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.

My friend, I do not see any verse where the Law was changed. I only see them expanded. The Law is for all time. It is in the Ark which is in Heaven. Folks who live by the Law will be judged by the Law. The Law saves no one. Faith does, God will give us grace if we have faith, understanding and love for YHWH and his Son that what it all comes down to.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
My friend, I do not see any verse where the Law was changed. I only see them expanded. The Law is for all time. It is in the Ark which is in Heaven. Folks who live by the Law will be judged by the Law. The Law saves no one. Faith does, God will give us grace if we have faith, understanding and love for YHWH and his Son that what it all comes down to.

I said
Well I see a total change of the law. As in this one

have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies

Now if you want to stand up for the old testament law that is your business. Your sort of self condemning though. If you keep just one part of it, your subject to the whole entire thing.

[Jas 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point], he is guilty of all.

[Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

If you don't stay in the new testament doctrine of Christ you don't even have the right God or the right Jesus.

[2Jo 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

And whether or not you want to agree with Jesus makes me no difference. Jesus did change the law.

keypurr

I said
Well I see a total change of the law. As in this one

have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies

Now if you want to stand up for the old testament law that is your business. Your sort of self condemning though. If you keep just one part of it, your subject to the whole entire thing.

10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point], he is guilty of all.

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

If you don't stay in the new testament doctrine of Christ you don't even have the right God or the right Jesus.

[2Jo 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

And whether or not you want to agree with Jesus makes me no difference. Jesus did change the law.

I find it easy to fulfil the Law as it is not a burden to me Squeak. It is a Law of Love kept in the Spirit to serve him who loved us first. Jesus not only kept the Law he broke it down for a better understanding of it for us. the Law is very much the doctrine of the NT.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I find it easy to fulfil the Law as it is not a burden to me Squeak. It is a Law of Love kept in the Spirit to serve him who loved us first. Jesus not only kept the Law he broke it down for a better understanding of it for us. the Law is very much the doctrine of the NT.

I said
Well if you keep yourself under the old testament law you will be judged by the old testament law. If you keep just one thing in the old testament law that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament. You will put yourself in subjection to the whole entire old testament. And you will fall from grace.

MennoSota

See verse 17.
Matthew 5:13-20
[13]“You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.
[14]“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.
[15]No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.
[16]In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
[17]“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
[18]I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.
[19]So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
[20]“But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
See verse 17.
Matthew 5:13-20
[13]“You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.
[14]“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.
[15]No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.
[16]In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
[17]“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
[18]I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.
[19]So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
[20]“But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!

I said
[Gal 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

MennoSota

I said
[Gal 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Galatians confirms that Jesus fulfills the law. Thanks for sharing.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Galatians confirms that Jesus fulfills the law. Thanks for sharing.

I said
Jesus fulfilled the la when He died on the cross.

[Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.

[Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.

MennoSota

The title of this thread says something else. Are you now changing your mind? Great if your mind has been swayed!
I said
Jesus fulfilled the la when He died on the cross.

10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.

8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The title of this thread says something else. Are you now changing your mind? Great if your mind has been swayed!

I said
No changes. It says nothing about priesthood law. The priesthood, not part of it but the whole priesthood was Changed. The law not part of it the whole law was changed.

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

Christians are freed from the old testament law by dying to it.

If you keep trying to keep the law a live your saying Jesus died in vain. Why not die to the old testament law, there was no righteousness in it.

[Gal 2:19, 21
19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. ...

MennoSota

I said
No changes. It says nothing about priesthood law. The priesthood, not part of it but the whole priesthood was Changed. The law not part of it the whole law was changed.

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

Christians are freed from the old testament law by dying to it.

If you keep trying to keep the law a live your saying Jesus died in vain. Why not die to the old testament law, there was no righteousness in it.

[Gal 2:19, 21
19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. ...

None of the verses you quote have anything to do with priests or with the law being abolished. You ignored Galatians 2:20. Why? It is a great verse.
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
None of the verses you quote have anything to do with priests or with the law being abolished. You ignored Galatians 2:20. Why? It is a great verse.
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

I said
I never used the word abolished. That is called a gross exaggeration. Jesus changed the law for Christians. Read it real slow and see if you can find priesthood and law.

MennoSota

Wow. You butchered Hebrews 7 so it is nearly unrecognizable. In this passage the writer is showing how Jesus is a greater priest than Melchizedek who was not of the line of Aaron.
I said
I never used the word abolished. That is called a gross exaggeration. Jesus changed the law for Christians. Read it real slow and see if you can find priesthood and law.

11 Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? 12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well. 13 For the one of whom these things are spoken belonged to another tribe, from which no one has ever served at the altar. 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.

15 This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek, 16 who has become a priest, not on the basis of a legal requirement concerning bodily descent, but by the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is witnessed of him,

“You are a priest forever,
after the order of Melchizedek.”

18 For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the law made nothing perfect); but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.

20 And it was not without an oath. For those who formerly became priests were made such without an oath, 21 but this one was made a priest with an oath by the one who said to him:

“The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind,
‘You are a priest forever.’”

22 This makes Jesus the guarantor of a better covenant.

23 The former priests were many in number, because they were prevented by death from continuing in office, 24 but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever. 25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

26 For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. 27 He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself. 28 For the law appoints men in their weakness as high priests, but the word of the oath, which came later than the law, appoints a Son who has been made perfect forever.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Wow. You butchered Hebrews 7 so it is nearly unrecognizable. In this passage the writer is showing how Jesus is a greater priest than Melchizedek who was not of the line of Aaron. 11 Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? 12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well. 13 For the one of whom these things are spoken belonged to another tribe, from which no one has ever served at the altar. 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.

15 This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek, 16 who has become a priest, not on the basis of a legal requirement concerning bodily descent, but by the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is witnessed of him,

“You are a priest forever,
after the order of Melchizedek.”

18 For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the law made nothing perfect); but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.

20 And it was not without an oath. For those who formerly became priests were made such without an oath, 21 but this one was made a priest with an oath by the one who said to him:

“The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind,
‘You are a priest forever.’”

22 This makes Jesus the guarantor of a better covenant.

23 The former priests were many in number, because they were prevented by death from continuing in office, 24 but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever. 25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

26 For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. 27 He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself. 28 For the law appoints men in their weakness as high priests, but the word of the oath, which came later than the law, appoints a Son who has been made perfect forever.

I said
You never did tell me what version of bible you use. It looks weird.

MennoSota

I said
You never did tell me what version of bible you use. It looks weird.
LOL, most churches use the version I provided.
I notice how you deliberately leave out verses that are a part of the text. You did it with Galatians 2 and with Hebrews 7.
The Holy Spirit doesn't chop up the Bible like that.
It's become obvious that you are not receiving any guidance from the Holy Spirit when you share scripture.
Even so, it's good to read God's word. It's much more honest when the passage is shared rather than one or two verses out of context.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
LOL, most churches use the version I provided.
I notice how you deliberately leave out verses that are a part of the text. You did it with Galatians 2 and with Hebrews 7.
The Holy Spirit doesn't chop up the Bible like that.
It's become obvious that you are not receiving any guidance from the Holy Spirit when you share scripture.
Even so, it's good to read God's word. It's much more honest when the passage is shared rather than one or two verses out of context.

I said
SCRIPTURE IS ALREADY OUT OF CONTEXT(YOU NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT TO PUT IT RIGHT)(HE WILL ONLY QUOTE VERSES)
John 16:25
25 "These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father
John 16:29
29 His disciples said to Him, "See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech!
John 12:49
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
Matt 13:34
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
Matt 13:9-11
9 "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"
10 And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"
11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
John 16:12
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
2 Tim 2:19
19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."
1 Cor 3:1-2
1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
Heb 5:12-14
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 8:43
43 "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
Mark 4:13-15
13 And He said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?
14 "The sower sows the word.
15 "And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.
Mark 4:18-19
18 "Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word,
19 "and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
1 Cor 2:13
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
2 Cor 3:5-6
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
1 Cor 2:7
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
1 Cor 1:18-19
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
1 Cor 1:21
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
2 Pet 3:16
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
(NKJ)
xxx The bible is already out of context. What the bible says is that everything Jesus spoke He spoke in parables. And everything Paul spoke he spoke the milk understanding. But they both said to find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses in the meat. There is a milk understanding and there is a meat understanding. The meat is only verses. Your receive the gifts of the Spirit in the milk, but to go into the meat you have to follow the verses(Holy Spirit).

2 Tim 3:12
12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 3:14-15
14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
(NKJ)

see also the revelations of Jesus Christ, and the hidden language of the Holy Spirit

keypurr

I said
Well if you keep yourself under the old testament law you will be judged by the old testament law. If you keep just one thing in the old testament law that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament. You will put yourself in subjection to the whole entire old testament. And you will fall from grace.

I disagree, it is my faith that I will be judged by. Faith requires works. Works I do because I love him. No other reason. The Law is LOVE friend, to keep it in the spirit is to let love run your life. love is not a burden. My mind is with my father, we are one for he has given me love that I understand and feel.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I disagree, it is my faith that I will be judged by. Faith requires works. Works I do because I love him. No other reason. The Law is LOVE friend, to keep it in the spirit is to let love run your life. love is not a burden. My mind is with my father, we are one for he has given me love that I understand and feel.

I said
I don't think you understand what love is. The law punishes others. Love forgives others. You cant stand up for both. The law forces others to submit. Love turns the other cheek. There is no love in the law.

[1Ti 1:5
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, [from] a good conscience, and [from] sincere faith,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
This is where it gets a little confusing. It says the law was changed. I showed you were some of the law was changed. And you don't think the law was changed.