Jefferson's pick 12/05/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
For future reference....
drbrumley's signature

Compromise has its place in politics, but Christians can never compromise “Thus saith the Lord.” When God forbids murder, we cannot overrule him. It is usurpation and idolatry to think that man – even a universal democratic consensus of men – can overrule God and tolerate legal child-killing. On issues of principle, Christians, constrained by conscience, must draw a line in the sand and say, "No! I'm not going to compromise the Word of God!" If we can compromise to support a Presidential or Congressional candidate who supports the killing of innocent preborn children in some instances, then what won't we compromise on? Would we compromise to support a candidate that supported the killing of Jews, or the elderly and infirmed? Would we compromise to support the "incremental" abolition of kidnapping and enslaving blacks? Would we compromise to support a candidate that supported the killing of Christians? I don’t think we would compromise to support a “conservative” candidate who endorsed the slaughter of conservatives, and if not, do we love our neighbor as ourselves if we compromise to support a candidate who endorses the slaughter of our preborn neighbors? I fear for the professing Christians who compromise to vote for a President whom they know justifies abortion and who doesn't want Roe v. Wade to be overturned. Will they look down at their hands on Judgment Day to see them stained with innocent blood? Will they hear, "Inasmuch as ye did it not to the least of these, ye did it not to me"? (Matthew 25:45)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The strange part is....... the minute we get a president that appoints conservative pro-life judges the first thing we do is try to convince everyone not to vote for him. :freak:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight

The strange part is....... the minute we get a president that appoints conservative pro-life judges the first thing we do is try to convince everyone not to vote for him. :freak:
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.