Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Art Deco posted:

From a "Dallas Morning News" article slugged At Baylor, a Clash on Gay Rights:

quote:
The president of the world's largest Baptist university expressed his "outrage." The newspaper's faculty adviser said he'd made an "error in judgement" in approving the editorial.

Is this clown still the "Faculty Adviser"? After this fiasco, he should have had the decency to resign.

More from the "News."
quote:
The editorial , approved by a 5 to 2 vote on the student editorial board, did not take a religious or moral stance but opined that " gay couples should be granted the same equal rights to legal marriage as heterosexual couples."

Excuse me? "Did not take a religious or moral stand on homosexual marriage"? Are they that stupid at Baylor? Supporting sodomite marriage at a Baptist University is taking a moral and religious stand. The problem for all you Baylor grads who still don't get it, is that the student newspaper took a stand that runs counter to God's Holy Word on the subject of sodomy at the nations largest Baptist university. It just doesn't pass the smell test...

More from the "News":

Baylor President Robert Sloan said that he was "justifiably outraged" by the editorial and that "espousing in a Baylor publication a view that is so out of touch with traditional Christian teachings is not only unwelcome, it comes dangerously close to violating university policy."

"Dangerously close to violating university policy"? Say what? One wonders what it would take to cross the imaginary line at Baylor. Robert Sloan makes Neville Chamberlain look like Winston Churchill.

Can you imagine a policy so riddled with holes as to allow published heresy in the student newspaper. How many times has this vaunted Baptist policy been run through the shredder at the student newspaper?

More from the "News":

Baylor's sexual conduct policy prohibits sex outside of marriage.

Are they sure? Maybe it should be rewriten to read: prohibits sex outside President Robert Sloan's office during working hours.

More from the "News":
Stupid er ah Student (forgive me) Congress president protem Brandon Anderson said that while he thought most students disagreed with the editorial, and particulary regretted its timing since Baylor is already in turmoil over a basketball scandal, a lot of students "appreciate the fact that it wasn't censored."

This clown should write skits for SNL... He's good. They appriciate the fact that heresy was not censored at the student newspaper. Tolerance is running wild at good ole Baylor University. Except for the fundamentals of the faith. How much does it cost to send your ding bat kid to this laughing stock of a Baptist university?

More from the "News":
Dr. Roy Peter Clark, senior scholar at the Poynter Institute, a school for journalists in Florida, said other private universities have wrestled with similar issues. But, "I have sort of strong feelings about how all this should work out," he said. "I think that to put , to exert, pressure on the editors in the name of institutional religion is profoundly unpatriotic. In a Democracy, a religious perspective cannot dominate. In a democracy, freedom has to trump institutional religion.

Thank you Dr Clark...Two things caught my eye regarding your credentials. First you are from Florida the State of the "Hanging Chad" and secondly you teach journalism. And you want us to take you seriously? Save it Leroy.

!. Baylor is a private Baptist university.

2. Parents send their kids there to get a Christian education not a "Secular Humanist" education.

3. Since when has student editors had unfettered rights to promote their own anti-Christian views in a newspaper paid for by the student's parents?

Finally, if a religious perspective cannot dominate on a Private Christian School campus, then the leadership of the school should be fired and God fearing Christians should grab the helm at Baylor before it is utterly destroyed by the mutiny presently under weigh.

As for Dr Clark he should be burned at the stake... just kidding...

CONTEXT

elected4ever

No one ever said that the Baptist are the smartest people in the world and I are one. There is a lot of Baptist doctrine that is umbilical. That is why I don't go any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.