It's Not for Today or It is For Today

achduke

I believe it's speaking of the gentiles. They were NOT God's people.

Hosea which Paul is referencing is speaking about the Kingdom of Israel that was split in two and divorced from God and he then called them "not my People" but later on in Hosea he goes on to say he will forgive them and he will call them "You are my people". These were the Northern Kingdom who were cast among the nations as Gentiles. Not any ordinary Gentiles but people that were once part of Israel.

Hosea 2:23 I will plant her for myself in the land;
I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one. ’
I will say to those called ‘Not my people, ’ ‘You are my people’;
and they will say, ‘You are my God.’ ”

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so all you've got to minister with is the carnal mind...that is your testimony, that is what we see.

You are still outside the faith and will burn in hell with rusha and granite. Is that what you want? Maybe it is.

A good tree cannot produce bad fruit. Some here in Christ do not accept that premise. Bad fruit is promoting false doctrine and promoting evil. I know those that do it after being shown correction are outside Christ. They cannot produce bad fruit if in Christ, indwelt, and have his mind. They would not produce false witness.

The carnal mind is what you see in the flesh. And you see the flesh and judge on it, rather than testimony. That is the very definition of carnal.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are still outside the faith and will burn in hell with rusha and granite. Is that what you want? Maybe it is.

A good tree cannot produce bad fruit. Some here in Christ do not accept that premise. Bad fruit is promoting false doctrine and promoting evil. I know those that do it after being shown correction are outside Christ. They cannot produce bad fruit if in Christ, indwelt, and have his mind. They would not produce false witness.

The carnal mind is what you see in the flesh. And you see the flesh and judge on it, rather than testimony. That is the very definition of carnal.

It's amazing how truth, when it is preached, sounds so perfect and
touches the heart and mind of the "True Believer." When we are in
agreement with Paul's Gospel (Grace Message) there is an instant
kinship!

God's Truth

Hosea which Paul is referencing is speaking about the Kingdom of Israel that was split in two and divorced from God and he then called them "not my People" but later on in Hosea he goes on to say he will forgive them and he will call them "You are my people". These were the Northern Kingdom who were cast among the nations as Gentiles. Not any ordinary Gentiles but people that were once part of Israel.

Prophecies of Jesus fulfilled, as shown by Gentiles believing in God---

so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy, as it is written: “therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing hymns to your name.”
Again, it says,
“Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people.”
And again,
“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles,
And sing praises to him, all you
Peoples.”
And again, Isaiah says,
“The Root of Jesse will spring up,
one who will arise to rule over the
Nations;
The Gentiles will hope in him.”

Read this Old Testament scripture, it is quoted in the New Testament:

2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Romans 15:9
and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written: "Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing the praises of your name."

...And these scriptures:

Romans 15:11
And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

Psalm 117:1 Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.

Psalm 66:4 All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing the praises of your name."

Interplanner

thanks, God's Truth.
Achduke, you will need to see all these same passages as far as your 'Gentile vs Gentile' thread goes. It is not about ancestry, and anyway, the overwhelming message of the Paul in the letters is that by having faith in Christ, none of those things matter, even if it was intra-Israel, which is not why Paul is using them.

God's Truth

thanks, God's Truth.
Achduke, you will need to see all these same passages as far as your 'Gentile vs Gentile' thread goes. It is not about ancestry, and anyway, the overwhelming message of the Paul in the letters is that by having faith in Christ, none of those things matter, even if it was intra-Israel, which is not why Paul is using them.

Thank you too. What you said was excellent.

achduke

thanks, God's Truth.

As you can see from the end of my Gentile vs Gentile these I do not believe it is about ancestry either. We are all one in Christ.

Still Christ did go to the Northern Kingdom to bring them back to him also so that they may be in his body also.

Joh 10:16 "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Interplanner

I don't accept that that is who is referring to. why should I? If he is not going to include the whole world, how can it be one flock?

Why not say: he went to the Northern Kingdom and Little Asia and Greece and the Scyths and Rome and beyond?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Go to the hospital! Why are you being so selfish with your gifts?

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

You stupid lazybrain

Show from scripture where Christ or the Apostles went to the hospital. It is clear from Christ's visit to the pool of Betsaida that this is not the way the gospel is to be preached...there were HUNDREDS laying sick but Christ healed only one.

You are too idle to study scripture for yourself

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

We are talking about the Holy Spirit...you say you don't have any of His gifts, we did notice, you have no gift of knowledge, no gift of wisdom.

You are just speaking from yourself.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You stupid lazybrain

Show from scripture where Christ or the Apostles went to the hospital. It is clear from Christ's visit to the pool of Betsaida that this is not the way the gospel is to be preached...there were HUNDREDS laying sick but Christ healed only one.

You are too idle to study scripture for yourself

You're quite the name caller aren't ya? Does calling someone
who is more knowledgeable than you a, "lazy brain" make you
feel better about yourself? Does it make you feel more
religious? Do you think your church would stand up and cheer
you? Maybe even give you a standing ovation?

Would your church invite you to stand at the pulpit and let
you tell the story how you called a member of the Body of
Christ a "Lazy brain?" Will they be proud of you? Perhaps,
even ask you to be the head Sunday School teacher?

Will they be thanking you for the wonderful name calling
you're guilty of? Maybe they'll make you, "Church goer of
the year?" What do you think? I suppose you're very proud
of yourself?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
To say to Christians who have been healed and who have ministered healing to others should get down to the hospital to cure everyone is just as lazybrained a comment I can think of.

Christ did not go down to the hospital, at the pool of Bethsaida He did not heal everyone wholesale...that is not how God works.

She's too idle to study scripture. Show how yourself , Nick and Heir are members of the boC...Paul describes the body of Christ.

One has healing gifts, another miracles, another prophesying, tongues, interpretation, word of knowledge, wisdom. All by the same Spirit, diverse gifts, one body.

Now I do see the gifts of word of knowledge and wisdom and discerning in most Christians, even those who are not Pentecostal...I don't see them in you guys.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
To say to Christians who have been healed and who have ministered healing to others should get down to the hospital to cure everyone is just as lazybrained a comment I can think of.

Christ did not go down to the hospital, at the pool of Bethsaida He did not heal everyone wholesale...that is not how God works.

She's too idle to study scripture. Show how yourself , Nick and Heir are members of the boC...Paul describes the body of Christ.

One has healing gifts, another miracles, another prophesying, tongues, interpretation, word of knowledge, wisdom. All by the same Spirit, diverse gifts, one body.

Now I do see the gifts of word of knowledge and wisdom and discerning in most Christians, even those who are not Pentecostal...I don't see them in you guys.

God does. Whether you do or not is of NO concern.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
TL, we're not walking planet earth in order to please you. You're a little, smart
aleck, annoying, pretentious, arrogant and immature"BRAT." No doubt, you've
been spoiled rotten by somebody?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I quote the Lord Jesus Christ and this is your response. More bad fruit.

You are clueless,

A good tree cannot bear evil fruit neither can an evil tree bear good fruit....you say it can for if somebody receives their sight you say it is the devil.

In order for Satan to do a miracle of creation or compassion he would have to first bind God and steal His power.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Your own testimony is "there are no gifts of the Holy Spirit today"...so we have to make do with your own puny intelligence.