It's a PLUS that Walker doesn't hve college degree!

republicanchick

I knew someone who went to college and she became a different person, and it was NOT (imo) a good change. I'm sure most would agree with me. I can't put into words how she changed, but the words "lost her innocence" seem to work, although I am not talking about losing her virginity... She's been married to one man for years and years now. She met him in college and he seems to be a good guy, but my point is that college doesn't always change u for the better.. I think this person actually became a snob of sorts... and etc... (If that were all it were, i may not be complaining but again, words fail in describing the change..)

I am glad Walker didn't get a college degree. That means more Americans are going to be able to relate to him. A lot of regular folks didn't get a degree either, 4 one reason or another...

+++

republicanchick

Weird you would say that being that Republicans scream about wanting to see Obama's transcripts.

huh?

oh... thought u said birth certificate there for a second..

ok

yeh, we wanted to see what he studied in college, not focused on whether or not he got a degree.. little bit of a difference there

shagster01

huh?

oh... thought u said birth certificate there for a second..

ok

yeh, we wanted to see what he studied in college, not focused on whether or not he got a degree.. little bit of a difference there

Why did you want to see what classes he took if college doesn't matter anyway?

quip

BANNED
Banned
I am glad Walker didn't get a college degree. That means more Americans are going to be able to relate to him. A lot of regular folks didn't get a degree either, 4 one reason or another...

+++[/B][/FONT]

They didn't seem to have a problem with "skull & bones" Bush...did they?

zoo22

Yeah, stupid education. Having no degree is good. It's like "regular" people. Stupid arugula. Overrated.

It amazes me actually seeing the people here with anti-education sentiments.

Morpheus

I knew someone who went to college and she became a different person, and it was NOT (imo) a good change. I'm sure most would agree with me. I can't put into words how she changed, but the words "lost her innocence" seem to work, although I am not talking about losing her virginity... She's been married to one man for years and years now. She met him in college and he seems to be a good guy, but my point is that college doesn't always change u for the better.. I think this person actually became a snob of sorts... and etc... (If that were all it were, i may not be complaining but again, words fail in describing the change..)

+++
Funny how a guy with no degree thought he knew so much about education a few years ago. I guess he could easily develop a particular unpopular opinion when a couple of brothers were telling him what his opinion was, and paying him millions to have it.

Scott Walker thought he was talking to David Koch

republicanchick

They didn't seem to have a problem with "skull & bones" Bush...did they?

Bush has a college degree. Sorry you hate monger libs didn't think he was smart enough to get one.. I believe it is from Yale

so much for you meme about Bush being not too bright

something u libs think about all Christians

____

republicanchick

Yeah, stupid education. Having no degree is good. It's like "regular" people. Stupid arugula. Overrated.

It amazes me actually seeing the people here with anti-education sentiments.

is this Alinksky Trick #8?

accuse, ridicule..

doesn't work with me and I doubt it does with anyone much anymore, just the uneducated... how ironic, that

Lexington'96

Honestly, I don't care that Walker doesn't have a degree. I don't understand why it would be a plus. I'm in college now and I haven't changed too much.

zoo22

republicanchick said:
It's a PLUS that Walker doesn't hve college degree!

Bush has a college degree. Sorry you hate monger libs didn't think he was smart enough to get one.. I believe it is from Yale

so much for you meme about Bush being not too bright

something u libs think about all Christians

Wait, is it a plus that Bush has a college degree?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
There are well-educated people without a college degree. Harry Truman was not a college graduate, but was a voracious reader and very well-informed. More importantly, he did not resent people with degrees. Unfortunately, this doesn't apply to Walker.

People often think of con men as being very intelligent, but most of them are of normal to lower intelligence. They are just proficient at misdirection and hiding their objectives. Hence, they often are tripped up on things a reasonably intelligent person would not be. An example is Walker being conned into thinking a telephone prankster was his patron David Koch, and admitting that he had considered planting trouble makers in protests against him.

A more disturbing example of his resentment against educated people, and his failure to think was his recent attempt to subvert the mission the University of Wisconsin.

The Wisconsin Idea is a philosophy embraced by the University of Wisconsin System (UW System), which holds that research conducted at the University of Wisconsin System should be applied to solve problems and improve health, quality of life, the environment, and agriculture for all citizens of the state.

The "Wisconsin Idea" had been part of the university system for over a hundred years. Walker wanted to remove the statement from the university mission, and replace it with a mission to train students for jobs in businesses.

The university protested, and was told the decision was "not up for debate." Then it went public, and Walker quickly backpedaled, first denying he did it, and blaming the university for not catching the "error," and then finally admitting the truth, after an open records request located the emails in question.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statep...uws-wisconsin-idea-b99439710z1-290927651.html

A little window into his character.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
It's a PLUS that Walker doesn't have college degree!

Ignorance is a right! Education is eroding one of the few democratic freedoms remaining to us.
- Christopher Andreae

Conservatives demand their "democratic" right to remain "ignorant!"

Last edited:

oatmeal

the real story here
is
the people of wisconsin are not smart enough to figure this out

Walker took the 3.6 billion dollar deficit and by using common sense and and his good moral sense turned that around into about a 1 biliion dollar surplus.

Property taxes have been lowered.

There are new jobs in Wisconsin.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Walker took the 3.6 billion dollar deficit and by using common sense and and his good moral sense

Note that his "good moral sense" tells him it's O.K. to lie about what he did in government. Not surprising that he tried to get "truth" eliminated from the University of Wisconsin's mission statement, and when it blew up on him, first blamed the university, and only admitted the truth after a FOI search turned up the emails.

His "good moral sense" led him to put a number of criminals on his staff.

Timothy D. Russell, a former aide to Gov. Scott Walker, was sentenced Tuesday to two years in prison and five years on probation for stealing more than $21,000 from a veterans organization Walker named him to lead.

Milwaukee County Circuit Judge David Hansher imposed the sentence, saying he found insincere Russell's apology and acceptance of responsibility for stealing from a nonprofit chosen to administer Walker's annual Operation Freedom veterans picnic at the zoo.

"There is also no true regret, remorse or repentance," Hansher told Russell. "I find that you don't even have any shame."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwau...rs-in-prison-for-theft-d78fnq3-187897041.html

For the complete list, google "Walker aides convicted" and look for Rindfleisch, Wink, Kavanaugh, etc. He's remarkably tone-deaf when it comes to finding honest people.

His "good moral sense" told him that it's O.K. to plant people in demonstrations against him, to make the demonstrators look violent and criminal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCUvDq5rr-s

turned that around into about a 1 biliion dollar surplus.

Let's see what paid for that money...

Property taxes have been lowered.

There are new jobs in Wisconsin.

So what are people in the state saying? From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:

In 2013, as in every year since Walker became governor, job growth in Wisconsin significantly trailed the national average and Wisconsin ranked just 37th among U.S. states in the rate of employment growth. Taking all three years (so far) of Walker's tenure as a whole, employment in Wisconsin grew at just 59% of the national rate.

What's more, Wisconsin under Walker has posted the slowest job growth rate among the seven neighboring Great Lakes/Midwestern states: about half the growth rate of states such as Michigan, Minnesota and Indiana, and a growth rate lower than even much-maligned Illinois.

"It's working," goes the Walker re-election campaign slogan hyping his economic policies — but work opportunities are growing more slowly in Wisconsin than in any state in the Midwest and less robustly than in three-quarters of all U.S. states. Under Walker, Wisconsin has become a job-creation laggard.

Explanations abound for this weak job growth record. Some of these excuses have been nothing more than blatant political spin. For example, Walker partisans blamed turbulence and uncertainty around Act 10 and then the 2012 recall election for Wisconsin's slow jobs growth, even though elections are always around the corner and therefore some political "uncertainty" is always present.

Moreover, far from "taking off like a rocket," as Republican leaders predicted, Wisconsin's employment performance — relative to the national growth rate — actually deteriorated after the recall. Other partisans have blamed the Obama administration's macroeconomic and health care policies for Wisconsin's woes, an odd explanation since the national economy has created jobs at a 40% faster clip than the Wisconsin economy since Walker took office.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinio...or-poor-job-growth-b99299594z1-265016421.html

Doesn't look like a very good record to me.