It is totally illogical to be "pro-choice" in a civilized society

kiwimacahau

Doing a bit of digging, your own denomination is polarized on this issue. I will never become Anglican. Liberal denominations have a greater concern for the 'choice' of fellow men, than the lives of fellow men or the righteous demands of God and Savior.

When Christianity becomes a social club rather than a dynamic relationship with the Creator of the universe, where HIS voice is not heard nor heeded, it is no longer Christian. Your denomination can live with that unequal yoking. It is not going to happen here without severe marginalization. You necessarily are apart. There is no give on this issue. None at all. It is as polarizing as Christian vs not-Christian. That's as plain as it can be said and as succinct and unflinching as to immobility.

Your opinion is noted and rejected. Abortion is never mentioned in scripture, never spoken against even in times when it was rife. Jesus said not one word against it. So I will err on the side of the mother. Moreover until you and yours start proving that you actually care about born children, their health, access to equal education opportunities, access to food etc and also are willing to repeal capital punishment along with your war-mongering DON'T YOU DARE attempt to say you hold the high moral ground for you most certainly do not. Oh & BTW the ACI is not the same as the Anglican Church, we are an Old Catholic Church.

Lon

What about a developing body before it is inhabited by a soul?

Psalm 139:13-16
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

God calls it sin:

2 Kings 8:12
And Hazael said, “Why does my lord weep?” He answered, “Because I know the evil that you will do to the people of Israel. You will set on fire their fortresses, and you will kill their young men with the sword and dash in pieces their little ones and rip open their pregnant women.

Note: It isn't just 'rip open women' but emphasizes that they are pregnant, emphasizing that this is more than just killing men and women, but children and the unborn. For that, Elisha also cried.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Your opinion is noted and rejected. Abortion is never mentioned in scripture, never spoken against even in times when it was rife. Jesus said not one word against it. So I will err on the side of the mother. Moreover until you and yours start proving that you actually care about born children, their health, access to equal education opportunities, access to food etc and also are willing to repeal capital punishment along with your war-mongering DON'T YOU DARE attempt to say you hold the high moral ground for you most certainly do not. Oh & BTW the ACI is not the same as the Anglican Church, we are an Old Catholic Church.

unreal. let's deal with under education, poverty, new babies that may somehow, possibly be "unhealthy" and any other reason that helps mommy and daddy "feel better", by killing them ? we know better than God when it comes to a new life ? "but the law says" it's ok. unreal

Lon

Your opinion is noted and rejected.
Of course it is. It is the unequal yoking. Glad you see it this starkly as well.

Abortion is never mentioned in scripture, never spoken against even in times when it was rife. Jesus said not one word against it. So I will err on the side of the mother.
"So I will err on the side of the mother." Exactly what I said you did :up: It is about choice over a life. A freewill over God or people's lives. More than abundantly clear, but you can reiterate and make it clearer all you like. Scripture calls us to have nothing to do with darkness. There is no fellowship of light with darkness.

Scripture is against abortion, despite your lame protestations of no use or value.
Psalm 139:13-16
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
You, advocate tearing apart and shredding what God is making/knitting. Is it a sin to rip and tear apart what God is carefully intricately sewing? Yes. Yes it is.

Moreover until you and yours start proving that you actually care about born children, their health, access to equal education opportunities, access to food etc and also are willing to repeal capital punishment along with your war-mongering DON'T YOU DARE attempt to say you hold the high moral ground for you most certainly do not.
I have, and I do DARE. Already told you that. Already said three third-world children are alive because my $ is where my mouth is. You? Proud of those abortion dollars? Any $? Just talk and blow hard? You are one of those women priests, aren't you?

I'll DARE because of my commitment. I don't believe you nearly concerned about God or children. You are concerned about a social club, light vs. darkness.

Oh & BTW the ACI is not the same as the Anglican Church, we are an Old Catholic Church.
I was looking at affiliations :plain:

kiwimacahau

unreal. let's deal with under education, poverty, new babies that may somehow, possibly be "unhealthy" and any other reason that helps mommy and daddy "feel better", by killing them ? we know better than God when it comes to a new life ? "but the law says" it's ok. unreal

Yup, that's right. I actually care more about humans walking the earth than the potential ones they carry. Unlike you. You say you love the little foetuses but that's only until they are born. Then you're all for cutting food stamps, keeping healthcare for the well-off, letting these children of the poor fight for you overseas and then cutting their entitlements when / if they return. Oh and the Good Lord help them if they are wounded!

Further, if a foetus is non viable and will not survive outside the womb better they should die before they affect the health of the mother.

Lon

Kiwi Ray McScrooge:-then they had better die then and decrease the surplus population!
Yup, that's right. I actually care more about humans walking the earth than the potential ones they carry. Unlike you.
Spirit of Christianity: My time with you is at an end, Kiwi Ray McScrooge.
If it's too hard a lesson for you to learn, then learn this lesson!
[opens his robe, revealing two starving children]
Kiwi Ray McScrooge: [shocked] Spirit, are these yours?
Spirit of Christ Conscience: They are Man's. This boy is Ignorance, this girl is Want. Beware them both, but most of all, beware this boy!
Kiwi Ray McScrooge: But they have no refuge, no resource.
Spirit of Christian Conscience: [quoting Kiwi McScrooge] Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? They'd rather die than go there.
Kiwi Ray McScrooge:-then they had better do it and decrease the surplus population.

You say you love the little foetuses but that's only until they are born. Then you're all for cutting food stamps, keeping healthcare for the well-off, letting these children of the poor fight for you overseas and then cutting their entitlements when / if they return. Oh and the Good Lord help them if they are wounded!
Kiwi Ray McScrooge: Are there no workhouses? No Prisons? They better die then and decrease the surplus population. That is all I, Kiwi Ray McScrooge care about!
Further, if a foetus is non viable and will not survive outside the womb better they should die before they affect the health of the mother.
Kiwi Ray McScrooge: Are there no workhouses? No Prisons? They better die then and decrease the surplus population.
:think: Almost word for word.
Spoiler
2Ti 3:1 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty.
2Ti 3:2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good,
2Ti 3:4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
2Ti 3:5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
2Ti 3:6 For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions,
2Ti 3:7 always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth.
2Ti 3:8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith.
2Ti 3:9 But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men.
2Ti 3:10 You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness,
2Ti 3:11 my persecutions and sufferings that happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra—which persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me.
2Ti 3:12 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
2Ti 3:13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would it change from Adam, Delmar?

This is a huge topic. Personhood is the key to the abortion issue. God says a person starts with the breath in the nostrils, but we know life starts at conception. Personhood would be a complete person.

Because Adam was not a living organism until God breathed life into him. Not so with an unborn child. I can't believe I had to explain that to you.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, at first the fetus is using mom's blood, which would be mom's life. Not sure when fetus starts making its own blood.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Mother and child each have their own blood supply right away. In the placenta nutrients & oxygen leave the mother's blood supply and enter the the baby's blood but they are kept separate from the start. The baby's body makes its own blood.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Kiwi Ray McScrooge:-then they had better die then and decrease the surplus population!

Spirit of Christianity: My time with you is at an end, Kiwi Ray McScrooge.
If it's too hard a lesson for you to learn, then learn this lesson!
[opens his robe, revealing two starving children]
Kiwi Ray McScrooge: [shocked] Spirit, are these yours?
Spirit of Christ Conscience: They are Man's. This boy is Ignorance, this girl is Want. Beware them both, but most of all, beware this boy!
Kiwi Ray McScrooge: But they have no refuge, no resource.
Spirit of Christian Conscience: [quoting Kiwi McScrooge] Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? They'd rather die than go there.
Kiwi Ray McScrooge:-then they had better do it and decrease the surplus population.

Kiwi Ray McScrooge: Are there no workhouses? No Prisons? They better die then and decrease the surplus population. That is all I, Kiwi Ray McScrooge care about!

Kiwi Ray McScrooge: Are there no workhouses? No Prisons? They better die then and decrease the surplus population.
:think: Almost word for word.
Spoiler
2Ti 3:1 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty.
2Ti 3:2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good,
2Ti 3:4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
2Ti 3:5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
2Ti 3:6 For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions,
2Ti 3:7 always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth.
2Ti 3:8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith.
2Ti 3:9 But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men.
2Ti 3:10 You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness,
2Ti 3:11 my persecutions and sufferings that happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra—which persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me.
2Ti 3:12 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
2Ti 3:13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

:sozo2:

Again, Lon...do you have an actual argument beyond emotional ranting and silly straw-men?

Lon

Which is how someone without an argument deals with those who disagree with them.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I knew you'd side with the pagans because you are one. That is incredibly clear. To date, I've given no neg reps on TOL. I'm not going to break that streak, not even for him.

Not only that, it was simply a way to tell him his negativity isn't a bother to me, that I could instantly erase it. Odd that all the scriptures doesn't make him upset, but quote Dickens and it is the Dickens! He didn't even mind the comparison to the Nazi destruction of over 5 million Jews. It's the Dickens.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Oh, don't get me wrong, I knew you'd side with the pagans because you are one. That is incredibly clear. To date, I've given no neg reps on TOL. I'm not going to break that streak, not even for him.

Well, at least he's consistent. :plain:

Not only that, it was simply a way to tell him his negativity isn't a bother to me.

Indeed! :chuckle: