ECT Israel's Promised Kingdom

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree. That's why souls are added.

Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

If one confines their understanding of salvation to that one verse of Scripture then one might come to the conclusion that there will be no physical resurrection of the body/soma and that it is ultimately only the salvation of the immaterial part of man that GOD is concerned with.

Do you believe that Christ literally rose bodily, physically from the dead?

Do you believe that He is able to transform our vile bodies to be fashioned like His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto himself?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Only shown by the Spirit.

but describing physical things --

Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Only God is Spirit, Jesus is a man of the creation Rev.ch 5. Luke 24

Our task presently is to conform out physical lives to that of the Kingdom of God by changing things which are now conformed to this fallen world, where possible and with the Lords help.

which only Christ will complete at/after His coming.

Romans 12. It starts with us and spreads out.

People are too reluctant to go against the norm for the good.

LA

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
(1 Corinthians 15:50 NKJV)​

We will not derail this thread, but if you think Jesus is a Spirit then you have a problem.

Luk 24:39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
Luk 24:40 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
Luk 24:41 But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, "Have you any food here?"
Luk 24:42 So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And He took it and ate in their presence.

LA

turbosixx

If one confines their understanding of salvation to that one verse of Scripture then one might come to the conclusion that there will be no physical resurrection of the body/soma and that it is ultimately only the salvation of the immaterial part of man that GOD is concerned with.

I agree we can't understand it all from one verse and context should always be considered.

Do you believe that Christ literally rose bodily, physically from the dead?

Yes.
17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless;

Do you believe that He is able to transform our vile bodies to be fashioned like His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto himself?

That's the way I understand it.
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.