Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
TG has been kicked from the Religion section of TOL. She will not return until she learns to respond. She will still be able to post on TOL, but not in the Religion section.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Since she was so generous in another thread and let us have the last word, allow me to insert one final word into my discussion with her in this thread.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have presented the Eastern Orthodox view in this forum, I have presented the Catholic view, and I will post some protestant articles about the topic. That is all of Christianity. All of Christianity hold a few things in common:

. . .
The literal nature of the Biblical accounts regarding Christ's miracles
The virgin birth of Christ
The bodily resurrection and physical return of Christ
The substitutionary atonement of Christ on the cross
The Trinity
The 27 books of the New Testament

We who are Mid-Acts Dispensationalists ("MADists," as some lovingly refer to us) completely agree with the above 7 things.

However, the two following (and I moved the first one from TG's post into the following) things we DO NOT agree with, but apparently it's enough to cast us out of the Kingdom of God over, at least to TG.

AND

[The inerrancy of the Bible]

We assert that the Bible is inerrant in its original manuscripts, which have since been lost to time and entropy. The copies we have today contain errors that, while corruption in and of themselves, do not change the overall message of the Bible. In essence, God wrote a book that has, at least so far, withstood the test of time, despite any errata that have crept into it.

The rejection of Dispensationalism.

To reiterate:

The concept of dispensationalism comes from the greek word that we get our word "economy" from: OIKONOMIA, which means "House rules" (OIKOS = house; NOMOS = rules).

The word "dispensation" appears four times in the KJV, in four different verses. ("stewardship" rather than "dispensation" is used in two of those verses in the NKJV). The three most relevant to this discussion are the following verses:

For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. - 1 Corinthians 9:17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians9:17&version=NKJV

if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, - Ephesians 3:2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians3:2&version=NKJV

of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, - Colossians 1:25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians1:25&version=NKJV

I have no need to say any more.

Nor will you be allowed to (at least in the Religion node) until you learn to engage in discussion without casting out of the Kingdom those who profess faith in Christ. I gave you plenty of chances to engage, and you refused to do so. I am more than happy to discuss things with you, but when you resort to childish insults when you are confronted, it makes it very difficult to take you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.