ECT Isaiah 1:18 . . How would you teach it?

Cross Reference

I get the "type."

I just don't want to "take" something that isn't "mine."

Does that make more sense?

I don't believe any of it necessarily fits anyone's life. Now where do you wish to go?

What does the scripture say that would have you think I am being accusative? <I don't get it>

This is stupid. However, as I said, because it is written to Israel doesn't mean we aren't included in God's judgement should He deem us and as a nation, He has. It has gone beyond the point of reasoning things out with us. We have no ears to hear.

However, that all is still NOT the point of the OP.

Danoh

Not without reason am I frustrated with having to explain the obvious because some would rather see something else they might wish to pick fly c... out of pepper in order just to be disagreeable.

In this case, you [as with many others] seem to make a practice of contradicting out of the desire to protect your own ideas about the exclusiveness of Israel. Without realizing it, you are ignoring the fact that todays Christian is going down the same path as Israel of old and with much of the same warnings from God given to us as was given to them in the OT. Learn that it isn't necessary to cherry pick scripture when learning the ways of God. All scripture is given for reproof and correction and building up in the faith of God and the learning of His ways. So when someone says that doesn't apply because God was speaking to Israel, know that in most all God says to them is also meant for us who are called by by His Name. In this, Israel might be seen as a type.

Problem with your theory is, that this...

Leviticus 11:4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

Is now reproofed by this...

1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

The former was "instruction in righteousness" under "the law FOR righteousness" the latter is "instruction in righteousness" BECAUSE OF righteousness - that "righteousness which IS...OF FAITH" Rom. 10.

And there are many, many examples of this DISTINCTION.

You simply refuse to look into this because you believe your conclusions over the passages.

Fact of the matter is that this side of God's Mystery Grace, Eph. 3 (in contrast to Israel's Prophesied Grace, Acts 3) "sin shall NOT have dominion over you; FOR ye are NOT under the law, BUT under grace" Rom. 6:14.

In stark contrast to Leviticus is Galatians - each an equal evidence of TWO DISTINCT forms of "instruction in righteousness."

Romans 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Two, equally valid systems - each in their due season.

Fuse them together into one and what you have is Galatianism - what you have is "another gospel which is not another" at all, Gal. 1:6,7.

What you have is...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

The miracles serving as confirmation that the Galatians were not under Israel's Covenant relationship with God...

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Good grief!! Unbelievable!

The context is whether God is speaking of sin as a leprosy, which I believe it is because of the context, or it is speaking of God providing for a future purity for Israel which, from the context, it isn't.

Last edited:

Danoh

Good grief!! Unbelievable!

The context is whether God is speaking of sin as a leprosy, which I believe it is because of the context, or it is speaking of God providing for a future purity for Israel which, from the context, it isn't.

You are missing the point I have tried to point out to you...

As another example, the following two passages relate a similar Principle...

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Philippians 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

But HOW they apply or are "worked out" differs WITHIN each's respective Dispensation, Stewardship, or Economy, Rom. 6:14, 15.

Thus, regardless of what Isaiah is talking about, it matters not - he was both dealing with an issue with regard to Israel's transgression AND in light of HOW that is dealt with as regards THAT nation per THEIR Mosaic Covenant.

Apparantly, you remain ill-equipped as to how to address the issue you are attempting to address this side of "the preaching of Jesus Christ ACCORDING TO the revelation of the Mystery..."

One aspect of said ill equipping on your part being your obvious failure to note the Things That Differ on both sides of Romans 3:21.

Danoh

Lol; well you did ask how others would teach that passage?

You should have stated the OP "teach that passage in a matter that meets with Cross Reference's approval..."

Regretabbly, your every OP has that kind of a "leprosy" crimson staining it...

You are entitled to that.

Just don't belly ache when someone comes along and points out that your OP's skin is oozing **** once more...

I mean, that's fair; isn't it?

The best to you in this; as it's no skin off my back :)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"Come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18 (KJV)

............TULIP............
stock-illustration-9859470-two-tulips.jpg

It's one of those verses that simply brim with it

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Lol; well you did ask how others would teach that passage?

You should have stated the OP "teach that passage in a matter that meets with Cross Reference's approval..."

Regretabbly, your every OP has that kind of a "leprosy" crimson staining it...

You are entitled to that.

Just don't belly ache when someone comes along and points out that your OP's skin is oozing **** once more...

I mean, that's fair; isn't it?

The best to you in this; as it's no skin off my back :)

I qualified the OP as to what I was looking for by what the context may have implied. . You ignored that little thing to proceed away from the context all together.

As to the rest of my threads you find disagreeable well, I guess I can assumee you try to do the same thing with them.

Danoh

I qualified the OP as to what I was looking for by what the context may have implied. . You ignored that little thing to proceed away from the context all together.

As to the rest of my threads you find disagreeable well, I guess I can assumee you try to do the same thing with them.

Whoops; there goes your other ear...

Cross Reference

a
Uh...if we are born in sin how does anything lead us to it?

Vanity has to do with self. Vanity is what we do battle with everyday. Question: What did Jesus say to Cain before Cain slew his brother? When you look it up apply it to yourself for functioning in Christ.

And if "all is vanity" are sin and vanity synonymous?

You are quoting ECC. where Solomon is making a statement about his own life's experience absent a relationship with God for which he knew he had a problem.

Consider Adam had to have choice between obeying and God and something else. Until Eve, there was no "something else", vanity was no issue for him. His relationship with her brought on the issue [the opposing choice] he had to deal with. As a result, irrespective of God redeeming us and our salvation by Jesus Christ, vanity remains that which we have to die to as in "dying to self", God was after from Adam. If we want to learn the ways of God for sonship in Him, it remains we must overcome it.

theophilus

Vanity has to do with self. Vanity is what we do battle with everyday. Question: What did Jesus say to Cain before Cain his brother? when you look it up apply it to yourself when functioning in Christ.

You are quote ECC. where Solomon is making a statement about his own life's experience absent a relationship with God for which he knew he had a problem.

Consider Adam had to have choice between obeying and God and something else. Until Eve, there was no "something else", vanity was no issue for him. His relationship with her brought on the issue [the opposing choice] he had to del with. As a result, irrespective of God redeeming us and our salvation by Jesus Christ, vanity remains that which we have to die to as in "dying to self" God was after in Adam. If we want to learn the ways of God for sonship in Him, it remains we must overcome it.[/QUOTE]

Does that sound like you are blaming Eve for Adam's vanity?

Cross Reference

You are quote ECC. where Solomon is making a statement about his own life's experience absent a relationship with God for which he knew he had a problem.

Consider Adam had to have choice between obeying and God and something else. Until Eve, there was no "something else", vanity was no issue for him. His relationship with her brought on the issue [the opposing choice] he had to del with. As a result, irrespective of God redeeming us and our salvation by Jesus Christ, vanity remains that which we have to die to as in "dying to self" God was after in Adam. If we want to learn the ways of God for sonship in Him, it remains we must overcome it.

Does that sound like you are blaming Eve for Adam's vanity?[/QUOTE]

Did understand everything I wrote?

Cross Reference

Please simplify.

You're a retired Pastor.

I'm not.

:)

No. I am not a retired pastor.

Simplify it, you ask? That was a short version of why Adam fell.

Suppose I, as a Christian who wanted to serve the Lord with all my heart [and I do], said I had a weakness for enjoying entertainment. What would you think about that?