Is this the future of parenting?

quip

BANNED
Banned
And they say the Patriarchy caused problems.
This is far worse than anything it could have unleashed , IMO. :nono:

10406755_841233185934113_1997652598491264712_n.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...latonic-partner-child-with.html#ixzz3O0D4DlPL

Are these kits flying off the WalMart shelves yet?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't follow Rusha. Artificial insemination is costly and doesn't always work. A man can impregnate the "mother" the old fashion way for free and it would take as little as 30 minutes probably if they are young, healthy, and if the woman is ovulating. A young couple I know got married in early November and she got pregnant in less than a month.

Not every woman who wishes to be a parent wishes to marry ... that's all I meant.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Because apparently the *stay together no matter what folks* believe that children do not know the difference between a lie and the truth ...

Children know when there is trouble in paradise ...

quip

BANNED
Banned
Because it's the right way. Natural law supports it, and studies support it.
Isn't this part of why gay marriage is supported?

What's with the by-the-book mentality?

Hey, if it's loved...what's it to ya?

The Berean

You're trying too hard....not good for that enlarged heart you're attempting to portray.

Just quoting you. You referred to a child as an "it". That's not very Buddhist of you. I do have an enlarged heart due to years of running but it doesn't bother me.

Morpheus

From someone who raised 2 natural children, 3 adopted kids and (anywhere from a few weeks to a few years each) dozens of foster kids, not to speak of the hundreds who made our home their second home, children need and deserve good parents and stable homes. The problems usually come because parents are selfish and put themselves first. This is just another example. Just "wanting a child" is not enough. If you are not willing to sacrifice your wants and desires for the good of your child then you should not pursue parenting. I know too many cases of mothers who put boyfriends ahead of their kids because of "her needs", sometimes to the point of ignoring abuse, even sexual. Selfishness destroys all relationships, and if you have not learned how to out others first then you will make a very poor parent. The primary duty of parenting is raising healthy, well-rounded children to maturity. You can't accomplish that if you have never made it there yourself. You are there to meet your child's needs; they are not there to meet yours.

Just last night a discussion accidentally led to the revelation that a child's life gets dragged around by the parents'. Typically the children don't get a vote on life-changing decisions and they are frequently slaves to their parents' whims. We should abandon the old concept that "children are resilient and can survive much". They shouldn't have to "survive" anything that is a choice. Surviving isn't thriving.

Oh, and yes, my wife is a child therapist.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think it's selfish to presume that your child would want to be raised without both a mother and a father.