ECT Is there Law for the new covenant believer?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As a Christian I know I am not to break or transgress God's Law and the commands found therein.

I am not under Law, but under grace.

Since God's Law ought to be written on my heart, and since there was a change of law in that now Christ is our priest, does this mean that I as a Christian believer am to obey God's Law even in regard to the new covenant?

If I am under the law of Christ or under the Law toward Christ, and not without the law of God, is this obedience to God or obedience to God's Law somehow, in that we are not to transgress God's Law? I don't think we should pretend to obey God's Law in order to win converts.

1 John 3:4 NASB.

We are not supposed to sin and we are supposed to obey God's commands.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
xxxGrace is uncilisted mercy. Grace is a new way thought up by God, we dont deserve it, we have not earned it, we didnt even think of it but God gave it to us-a new way the new testament. God looked down on us and said them dummies arent getting it I have to think of a new way. The new testament is our Grace. Now within the new testament there are commandments. Jesus brought us the new testament, this is how Grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. Not knowing what the gift of grace was, so many are useing grace as an excuse to sin. Grace is not a way to justify sin, it is a better way to get rid of sin. The new testament is a law. The law of Christ.

John 15:13-14
13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

God didnt do away with the idea of what He says is law, He just changed the law. And only for those who have faith in the new law.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
: put the gospels in the blender, hit puree:

Start a thread on TOL.

Interplanner

The last two posts are basically correct...there is no concern about ceremonial or dietary law in the NT. Most everything else, yes.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 3 KJV
(21) Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
xxxGrace is uncilisted mercy. Grace is a new way thought up by God, we dont deserve it, we have not earned it, we didnt even think of it but God gave it to us-a new way the new testament. God looked down on us and said them dummies arent getting it I have to think of a new way. The new testament is our Grace. Now within the new testament there are commandments. Jesus brought us the new testament, this is how Grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. Not knowing what the gift of grace was, so many are useing grace as an excuse to sin. Grace is not a way to justify sin, it is a better way to get rid of sin. The new testament is a law. The law of Christ.

John 15:13-14
13"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
14"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:2
2Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

God didnt do away with the idea of what He says is law, He just changed the law. And only for those who have faith in the new law.

Heb 7:12
12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Is there a new law?

There is a new covenant. There is a new priesthood, that of Christ. With the change of priesthood there is a change of law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 3 KJV
(21) Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

I thought of Philippians 3:9 NASB when I read your post.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
See also Deuteronomy 30:19-20 NASB, Matthew 19:17 NASB, John 6:68 NASB, and Romans 7:10 NASB, Romans 7:13 NASB.