Is there a risk of death from the covid vaccine?

marke

Gene-altering vaccines?
Altered gene vaccines are relatively new, have not been proven over time, and are still not approved by government health agencies as safe and effective for long periods of time.

Although these vaccines are highly effective in preventing COVID-19 for a short period, safety and efficiency evaluations should be continuously monitored over a long time period. ...
Nucleic acid vaccines
Vaccines using virus DNA or RNA are included in this group. On the basis of genomic information, DNA or RNA of the coronavirus gene or a modified gene is delivered into the cells in the body to provoke an immune response. These types of vaccines can be easily developed to use only genetic material, not viruses, and potentially activate cellular immunity as well as humoral immunity. However, one of the problems to overcome for clinical development is the low transfection efficiency of nucleic acids in the body. ...
In the history of DNA vaccines, the first clinical trial was started in the 1990s and more than a hundred clinical trials that focus on DNA vaccination have been registered. There are no approved DNA vaccines for use in humans up to now.

marke

Alternate reality. You are apparently stuck in a real reality.
Are modern covid vaccines developed through experimentation with altered genes and fetal cells? Apparently.

RELATED: The FDA Just Authorized Johnson & Johnson's Single-Shot Vaccine for Emergency Use—Here's How It Stacks Up
"Stem cells are cells that can differentiate (develop) into many different types of other cells or tissues," Brianne Barker, PhD, associate professor of biology at Drew University in New Jersey, tells Health. "The first type of stem cells that were found were embryonic stem cells coming from embryos. Scientists have now figured out how to make other cells into stem cells (called iPS or 'induced pluripotent stem cells'), meaning that embryos do not have to be used."
However, some vaccines are developed with cells that came from fetuses, although those cells are not classified as stem cells. "These are known as cell lines, which can divide indefinitely in the lab," Barker says.

marke

Are people at risk of becoming X-Men if they get a vaccine? Now that's an alternate reality I can get into!
Altered gene vaccines have been used on animals but their use on humans is still undergoing testing and long-term effects are still unknown.

Although these vaccines are highly effective in preventing COVID-19 for a short period, safety and efficiency evaluations should be continuously monitored over a long time period. ...
Nucleic acid vaccines
Vaccines using virus DNA or RNA are included in this group. On the basis of genomic information, DNA or RNA of the coronavirus gene or a modified gene is delivered into the cells in the body to provoke an immune response. These types of vaccines can be easily developed to use only genetic material, not viruses, and potentially activate cellular immunity as well as humoral immunity. However, one of the problems to overcome for clinical development is the low transfection efficiency of nucleic acids in the body. ...
In the history of DNA vaccines, the first clinical trial was started in the 1990s and more than a hundred clinical trials that focus on DNA vaccination have been registered. There are no approved DNA vaccines for use in humans up to now.
Nevertheless, some DNA-based vaccines were approved for veterinary use, including a vaccine against West Nile virus in horses (31) and canine melanoma (32). In the first human clinical trials, a DNA vaccine against HIV showed a potential, but not significant, immunogenicity (33).

marke

We are keeping this hush-hush, but everybody in Israel has a tail now. That's what we get for participating in a medical experiment.
All of Trump's cabinet members had tails provided by the unlawful, extensive, public-funded, Obamanite spy ring.

marke

"Altered gene vaccines" and "gene-altering vaccines" =/=.
Nucleic acid vaccines

chair

Nucleic acid vaccines
The vaccines do not alter human DNA or RNA. Really.
You are tiresomely ignorant.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Likewise, since deaths from covid were falling before vaccines came out and since most covid deaths were from other causes as well, we can assume that falling death rates are not entirely attributable to the vaccines.
The problem with this post is not that its wrong but that its entirely correct.

Why is that a problem, you ask?

Because it proves you are not congenitally stupid. It proves that you are able to use your mind when you choose to do so, which means you are without excuse.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It has been said that waterboarding has prevented countless deaths and that vaccines have also prevented countless deaths. That may be hard to prove but I can agree that is likely true. However, I do not think the US government should force people to take the novel vaccines nor do I believe waterboarding should be mandated by the US government.
I've already told you multiple times that I do not believe that anyone should be forced by law to take the vaccine.

Likening such a mandate to water boarding is quite a stretch though!

Desperate much?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Herd immunity is effective, which is why I believe communities that did not take extreme measures to prevent the spread of covid sped up the helpful process of herd immunity. Science cannot prove I am immune from covid after having been infected, but science can also not prove vaccines make people immune from covid, especially since some vaccinated individuals have gotten covid after being vaccinated and some have even died from covid after receiving the vaccination.

CORONAVIRUS ILLINOIS
'Breakthrough' COVID death: Fully-vaccinated Flossmoor man, 75, dies from virus a month after 2nd vaccine dose
Illinois begins releasing data on 'breakthrough' COVID cases, deaths
By Eric Horng
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
A 75-year-old grandfather of four died from COVID-19 a month after receiving his second vaccine shot in what's being called a "breakthrough" case.
CHICAGO (Whttps://abc7chicago.com/breakthrough-covid-after-vaccine-death-il/10558121/
LS) -- Illinois public health officials began releasing data Wednesday on what it calls "breakthrough" COVID-19 cases, which involve fully-vaccinated people who still get the virus - and sometimes die.
Utterly complete, slobber mouthed stupidity!

No one has ever suggested that there are no breakthrough infections. We know that there have been some (mostly with the significantly less effective J&J vaccine). So you are arguing against a point not in dispute.

The Pfizer vaccine (and perhaps the Moderna one as well) have been shown to be more than 99% effective in preventing COVID-19. The trials run before it was released showed 95%+ and then the real world numbers are very nearly 100% and in fact are 100% in certain population segments. That is no anyone's opinion nor is it based on any sort of mathematical model or projection. That is the cold hard scientifically observed facts of reality.

They just released a study a day or two ago that PROVED that natural immunity is stronger than immunity gained through vaccines. I haven't read the study myself yet and so I don't know which vaccines were looked at or the other details of the study but regardless, natural immunity involves risking a very nasty death to acquired and would take thousand and thousand of human lives and years and years to spread throughout the population in sufficient numbers to gain herd immunity. In short, the vaccine is the far superior option.

Clete

marke

I've already told you multiple times that I do not believe that anyone should be forced by law to take the vaccine.

Likening such a mandate to water boarding is quite a stretch though!

Desperate much?
I don't think it is a stretch at all. Ignorant leftists continue to mandate mask-wearing even after science has shown they are ineffective, so forcing Americans to submit to the torture of needlessly wearing masks is not too distant a cousin to forcing people into subjection to waterboarding.

marke

No one has ever suggested that there are no breakthrough infections. We know that there have been some (mostly with the significantly less effective J&J vaccine). So you are arguing against a point not in dispute.

The Pfizer vaccine (and perhaps the Moderna one as well) have been shown to be more than 99% effective in preventing COVID-19. The trials run before it was released showed 95%+ and then the real world numbers are very nearly 100% and in fact are 100% in certain population segments. That is no anyone's opinion nor is it based on any sort of mathematical model or projection. That is the cold hard scientifically observed facts of reality.

They just released a study a day or two ago that PROVED that natural immunity is stronger than immunity gained through vaccines. I haven't read the study myself yet and so I don't know which vaccines were looked at or the other details of the study but regardless, natural immunity involves risking a very nasty death to acquired and would take thousand and thousand of human lives and years and years to spread throughout the population in sufficient numbers to gain herd immunity. In short, the vaccine is the far superior option.

Clete
Strangely, thousands of people observing masking and distancing mandates still got covid, likely from the fact that no amount of mass observance of masking, social distancing, or vaccinations will prevent the susceptible from catching covid. Even vaccinated people have later gotten infected from covid.

Social distance if that gives you comfort. Get the vaccine if that gives you comfort. But look to God for deliverance if you live in fear of sickness and death.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Clete
Could you link to the study that shows natural immunity is stronger than vaccine? I'm having trouble convincing someone that they don't need the vaccine since they've had the illness, and the way our immunity system works the vaccine won't add anything to help.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Could you link to the study that shows natural immunity is stronger than vaccine? I'm having trouble convincing someone that they don't need the vaccine since they've had the illness, and the way our immunity system works the vaccine won't add anything to help.
What harm would it do to get the vaccine anyway?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What harm would it do to get the vaccine anyway?
Simply that it doesn't have long term effects studied. That's something I'd rather before I try it. And that's a good enough reason that no one should look down on people that don't want it even if they haven't had COVID.

Of course, if it makes you feel better even if you have better immunity from COVID because you had it, go right ahead.

Gary K

Banned
Simply that it doesn't have long term effects studied. That's something I'd rather before I try it. And that's a good enough reason that no one should look down on people that don't want it even if they haven't had COVID.

Of course, if it makes you feel better even if you have better immunity from COVID because you had it, go right ahead.
Now there is a very reliable means of judging something. I feel. Yup. Emotions are by far the best means of judging whether or not something is true. Forget reason. Feelings are the ticket. :rolleyes: