Is there a risk of death from the covid vaccine?

Arthur Brain

I am expressing my opinions just like you are and like Semmelweiss did. I've been saying all along that masks are not needed to stop covid and now the CDC has agreed. Case closed.
The CDC has said that fully vaccinated people needn't wear masks recently, not that they weren't necessary at all.

marke

Evidence please. How many cases have there been of gunshot-caused deaths being attributed to covid?
I see why so many people are confused. Leftists list those people who died from gunshot wounds or other diseases, but who also had covid, as covid deaths complicated by issues of comorbidity. See how easy that makes reporting of causes of death and see how much more serious that makes the covid virus seem to be?

Although text above Table 3 says, “For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned,” the CDC did not mean that the other 94% of individuals did not die from novel coronavirus infection.

marke

The CDC has said that fully vaccinated people needn't wear masks recently, not that they weren't necessary at all.
Of course. The CDC can never again admit the science proves masks ineffective at stopping the passage of the covid virus, but at least the CDC reversed itself on its earlier imperious edict that masks should be worn by everyone until infection rates fall below an arbitrary very low threshold.

Arthur Brain

Of course. The CDC can never again admit the science proves masks ineffective at stopping the passage of the covid virus, but at least the CDC reversed itself on its earlier imperious edict that masks should be worn by everyone until infection rates fall below an arbitrary very low threshold.
They won't admit it because to do so would have been false.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Let's say it is causing a lot of concern among very reasonable people that so many of those who get vaccinated end up with health problems or death.
It isn't reasonable precisely because there hasn't been very many people having problems or dying. You have a much better chance of being killing in a car crash and yet you still drive every day and aren't on the internet preaching against the use of motor-vehicles.

Cause of deathOdds of dying

Heart Disease1 in 6
Cancer1 in 7
All preventable causes of death1 in 24
Chronic lower respiratory disease1 in 27
Suicide1 in 88
Opioid Overdose1 in 92
Fall1 in 106
Motor-Vehicle Crash1 in 107
Odds of being struck (killed or not) by lightning 1 in 15,300
Odd of dying of something shortly after getting a COVID shot 1 in 33,333

The fact that research may be beginning to try to determine the cause but which has yet to prove anything is not justification for declaring that science has proven there is no link between the vaccine and those who have taken it.
I never said otherwise. What I said was that the vaccine has been proven effective and safe. You're so worked up and irrational about it that you won't except anything as safe that has anything other than a zero cause of death. It's ridiculous.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Why don't we agree together that vaccines are still in the trial stage and should not be treated as if they have been proven safe and/or effective?
Because HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of doses have been administered and you're here talking about seven people who caught COVID after having been given the least effective and most problematic vaccine.

Even if the J&J vaccine was the only one the number behind it would still support its safety and effectiveness and thus its widespread use.

1 in 3000 people die every year in America of foodborne diseases. Are you worried about eating your next meal? Most people eat two or three meals every single day of their life. Are you warning them against ingesting the unsafe substances (i.e. food) in their refrigerators or are you smart enough to understand that not eating is more deadly than eating?

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I would definitely avoid the cube.
It will give you cancer and make you look dumb at the same time.
When I was a kid, I won a Rubic's Cube competision in my Junior High School. It must have been eighth grade which means it would have been 1983 or 1984. I forget exactly but I could solve one in well under 30 seconds, probably something like 15 seconds. Now, I can't solve one at all!

marke

It isn't reasonable precisely because there hasn't been very many people having problems or dying. You have a much better chance of being killing in a car crash and yet you still drive every day and aren't on the internet preaching against the use of motor-vehicles.

(Marke said) I am not surprised that reports from respected government agencies are causing American to doubt the honesty and efficiency of various reports. Consider the following, paying particular attention to the difference between "no safety concerns," and "some safety issues."
(Marke posted) https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-r...ch-confirm-high-efficacy-and-no-seriousPFIZER AND BIONTECH CONFIRM HIGH EFFICACY AND NO SERIOUS SAFETY CONCERNS THROUGH UP TO SIX MONTHS FOLLOWING SECOND DOSE IN UPDATED TOPLINE ANALYSIS OF LANDMARK COVID-19 VACCINE STUDY

(Marke posted) https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7002e1.htmThe median interval from vaccine receipt to symptom onset was 13 minutes (range = 2–150 minutes); 15 (71%) patients had onset within 15 minutes, three (14%) within 15 to 30 minutes, and three (14%) after 30 minutes (Figure). In 19 of 21 (90%) reports, patients were treated with epinephrine as part of therapy; one patient received subcutaneous epinephrine and the remaining 18 were confirmed or presumed to have received intramuscular epinephrine based on the report. Four (19%) patients were hospitalized (including three in intensive care), and 17 (81%) were treated in an emergency department; 20 (95%) are known to have been discharged home or had recovered at the time of report to VAERS.

marke

Because HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of doses have been administered and you're here talking about seven people who caught COVID after having been given the least effective and most problematic vaccine.

Even if the J&J vaccine was the only one the number behind it would still support its safety and effectiveness and thus its widespread use.

1 in 3000 people die every year in America of foodborne diseases. Are you worried about eating your next meal? Most people eat two or three meals every single day of their life. Are you warning them against ingesting the unsafe substances (i.e. food) in their refrigerators or are you smart enough to understand that not eating is more deadly than eating?

Clete
I was in an airborne unit in the Army. If there was a 1 in 1,000 chance a parachute would not open, I did not jump. I will not get the vaccine for multiple reasons, one of which is the fact that I, like Senator Johnson, have already had covid so vaccines cannot improve my present body's defenses against covid.

Arthur Brain

I was in an airborne unit in the Army. If there was a 1 in 1,000 chance a parachute would not open, I did not jump. I will not get the vaccine for multiple reasons, one of which is the fact that I, like Senator Johnson, have already had covid so vaccines cannot improve my present body's defenses against covid.
So, you were in an airborne unit in the army and never used a parachute then?

Arthur Brain

That is what Fauci and his blind mob of followers think, for sure.
No, the CDC advised the practicality of using masks along with other safety measures. Your opinions on the effectiveness or lack of are just that, opinions in want of support.

marke

So, you were in an airborne unit in the army and never used a parachute then?
I never jumped out of an airplane with a parachute that could not be 100% relied upon to be safe. Covid vaccines are not 100% safe, so you do what you like I will not be taking it.

marke

No, the CDC advised the practicality of using masks along with other safety measures. Your opinions on the effectiveness or lack of are just that, opinions in want of support.
You are right. I have my opinions and you have yours. I am happy sticking with my opinions and happy for you to stick with yours.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Of course! I had the "odds" thing stuck in my mind and got a bit carried along there.

3000 deaths in America per year would make the odds of dying of food born disease (i.e. food poisoning of some kind) at about 1 in 100,000 per year.

So, not the right comparison but all the other ones stand as accurate and so the point stands as well.

Thanks for pointing out the error! (y)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I was in an airborne unit in the Army. If there was a 1 in 1,000 chance a parachute would not open, I did not jump.
Nobody would! That would be a .1% chance! That's a pretty small number but the COVID stat that you're all worked up about is a .003% chance!

And that's of people dying of SOMETHING "shortly after" (that probably means within 2 weeks) of getting the COVID shot.

I will not get the vaccine for multiple reasons, one of which is the fact that I, like Senator Johnson, have already had covid so vaccines cannot improve my present body's defenses against covid.
Now that's is a completely rational reason to not get the vaccine!

And to reiterate something I've said from the beginning, no one should be forced to get this vaccine. My only point is that a .003% chance of dying of something shortly after getting the shot is not a rational reason to avoid getting it. You take much bigger chances than that every day of your life. If we're going to be scared, lets find something real to be scared about. Like the government forcing you to carry papers to prove you've complied with their will.

COVID Passports are coming!

Clete

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

I never jumped out of an airplane with a parachute that could not be 100% relied upon to be safe. Covid vaccines are not 100% safe, so you do what you like I will not be taking it.
No such thing as absolute 100% safe. The aeroplane wouldn't have been 100% safe either so if your yardstick is perfection then you should never have boarded a plane or jumped out of one.