IS THERE A DIFFERENCE IN BELIEVING GENTILES?

DougE

Someone asked a question as to what is the difference between a Gentile saved by Peter's gospel and Paul's. I could not find this question again when I attempted to respond. If you read this please let me know.

The answer is:

They are both saved by responding to either gospel. God requires faith for salvation. God deals with mankind differently in each dispensation. Peter's gospel was to be believed during that dispensation. There was overlap, but Paul's gospel is to be believed today. Peter's gospel is not, nor should be preached today.

The only difference between the two Gentiles is their inheritance. A Gentile who believed Peter's gospel would inherit eternal life and from my understanding would have entered the Davidic kingdom on earth along with the believing remnant of Israel.
A Gentile who believes Paul's gospel will inherit eternal life and go to heaven.

bcbsr

Sorry I don't see a distinction between Paul and Peter's gospel.

Here's Peter's gospel as he preached to Cornelius:

Acts 10:
37 You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached—
38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
39 "We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a tree,
40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen.
41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen— by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.
42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.
43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Likewise in Acts 15 at the meeting in Jerusalem Peter agreed with Paul's gospel and that the same gospel applies both to Jews and Gentiles

Acts 15
7 Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.
8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.
9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.
10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?
11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

DougE

Sorry I don't see a distinction between Paul and Peter's gospel.

Here's Peter's gospel as he preached to Cornelius:

Acts 10:
37 You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached—
38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
39 "We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a tree,
40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen.
41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen— by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.
42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.
43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Likewise in Acts 15 at the meeting in Jerusalem Peter agreed with Paul's gospel and that the same gospel applies both to Jews and Gentiles

Acts 15
7 Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.
8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.
9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.
10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?
11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

Hello

43 " All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."[/COLOR]

Believing on his name is not believing Jesus died for our sins and rose again for our justification.

"We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are[/B]."

Grace is not confined to Paul....it is all through the Bible