Is the Paleo Diet all it's cracked up to be?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Has anybody had success with this diet? It basically just seems like the Atkins Diet to me.

After being told a year ago that my husband would need to a liver transplant in appx. 10 years, the time frame has changed pretty dramatically several times with his last trip to Baylor resulting in them telling us he'll need it within the next year. They told him that he met the criteria to have it done right away if he got his BMI down. He's dropped 17 lbs in 2 weeks. He has about another 20 to go. I'm losing too but not nearly that fast. (Men always lose weight faster. :noid: )

In the past, the thing that's worked best for me is cutting out fats. So I tend to eat little meat and very lean if I do. I have a friend who is a health nut and says after the research he's done, he suggests that leaving out the good fat in meats could actually cause me to not lose as much weight.

Thoughts?

SaulToPaul 2

In my experience, all diets work, if you do them, and burn more calories than you take in.

What I find easiest to stick to is High Protein, Moderate Fat, Low-Moderate Carbs.

I'm sure Paleo would work, how can you go wrong with meat and veggies! These are real foods which take energy to digest (unlike donuts), so you can get away with eating more and still losing fat.

Good luck :)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm sure Paleo would work, how can you go wrong with meat and veggies! These are real foods which take energy to digest (unlike donuts), so you can get away with eating more and still losing fat.

Good luck :)

Mmmmm... donuts. I remember those.

I haven't had sugar in several weeks. Definitely notice I have more energy.

(Stevia is my friend.)