ECT Is the OT entitled to equal time?

SaulToPaul 2

Not true.

They were to do while also believing the Law and the Prophets concerning a coming Messiah and New Covenant.

John 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

They knew a messiah was coming, but they were not confronted with him, and with a choice.
They did what God told them to do.

Danoh

They knew a messiah was coming, but they were not confronted with him, and with a choice.
They did what God told them to do.

They did not know Jesus.

But they WERE expected to believe in A "Messiah THE Prince..." in their generations...as one generation.

Israel in their generations, is viewed by God as one generation, the actual sense of "this generation."

Each impacted by the former as one people.

Their guilt is as one, just as their redemption is as one.

Thus, why their good suffered right along with their bad.

Their covenant with Him as one with Him.

Truly ONE nation under God.

"For this is my covenant unto them."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They did not know Jesus.

But they WERE expected to believe in A "Messiah THE Prince..." in their generations...as one generation.

That isn't in dispute. A humble man in his life who uttered the truth and as such they wanted to kill him was not what they were expecting. This was hidden from them and everybody, or they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory. And that was the hidden plan.

Danoh

That isn't in dispute. A humble man in his life who uttered the truth and as such they wanted to kill him was not what they were expecting. This was hidden from them and everybody, or they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory. And that was the hidden plan.

That is not what 1 Cor. 2 is referring to.

Paul is referring to the hidden wisdom of God before the world began concerning OUR glory IN His Son: the Lord of glory WITH Him over those Heavenly principalities and powers.

The ultimate slap in the Adversary's face before all creation; when this Mystery aspect of the Cross was revealed.

Because the Corinthians had not grown in their understanding of Christ died for our sins, Paul had been unable to share this once kept hidden wisdom with them.

Which is the issue of just WHAT the Father was NOW saving men UNTO.

The Cross accomplished a Two-Fold Purpose: one, Prophesied, and one, a Mystery.

Again, the issue is not man's redemption; in neither of those two.

Man's redemption is more a side benefit of what the Father is really after - the reconciling back under His dominion of all creation.

The war is over real estate - both the physical; and the spiritual realm.

The fulness of Him that filleth all authority, in all seats of governmental authority.

Whether they be things in Earth, or things in Heaven.

All those thrones, domions, etc., were made by Him...and for Him.

What did the Adversary offer the Lord during His temptation?

What did he think he could keep?

The key to it all - those spiritual high (or Heavenly) places.

Surprise, surprise - God had a Mystery!

Checkmate Adversary - you have been spoiled - and by your own hand.

All due to for had they known it...

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Paul is referring to the hidden wisdom of God before the world began concerning OUR glory IN His Son: the Lord of glory WITH Him over those Heavenly principalities and powers.

No, the hidden wisdom is UNTO our glory.
But the hidden wisdom is about Christ, the cross, and the foolishness of preaching. See chapter 1.

Danoh

No, the hidden wisdom is UNTO our glory.
But the hidden wisdom is about Christ, the cross, and the foolishness of preaching. See chapter 1.

Nope. He is saying they have not moved beyond Christ died for our sins because they have been focused on looking at things through how the natural man looks at things - through the wisdom of this world.

The hidden wisdom is for them that are perfect; who have matured beyond Christ died for us; due to where they look at things from.

The Cross was not a Mystery.

The Cross was "according to the Scriptures..."

Something else was made possible at the Cross.

Another aspect of what the Godhead was really after through the Cross.

Remember that whereas you view an aspect of the Mystery as having been hidden in the OT, I do not.

Our approach, and thus, our conclusions, differ.

Personally, I find all approaches and views a rewarding challenge.

So thank you for sharing yours, once more.

SaulToPaul 2

Nope. He is saying they have not moved beyond Christ died for our sins because they have been focused on looking at things through how the natural man looks at things - through the wisdom of this world.

The hidden wisdom is for them that are perfect; who have matured beyond Christ died for us; due to where they look at things from.

The Cross was not a Mystery.

The Cross was "according to the Scriptures..."

Something else was made possible at the Cross.

Another aspect of what the Godhead was really after through the Cross.

Remember that whereas you view an aspect of the Mystery as having been hidden in the OT, I do not.

Our approach, and thus, our conclusions, differ.

Personally, I find all approaches and views a rewarding challenge.

So thank you for sharing yours, once more.

Review chapter 1,
the hidden wisdom was UNTO our glory

SaulToPaul 2

Once again,

the nuts and bolts of 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) are in the prophets. The LORD was able to keep it veiled until he wanted it unveiled. And, he revealed these nuts and bolts as a unit to Paul.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Cross accomplished a Two-Fold Purpose: one, Prophesied, and one, a Mystery.
What did the cross provide for one (prophesy) that it did not provide for the other (mystery)?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Neither am I. The Jews were not expecting a sacrificial lamb. That was revealed to Paul and was so confusing, Peter was used to corroborate all of Paul's new message. Including the raising up of gentiles to being equal with the Israelites.

Not so Lord!

Ask them if Jesus fits what they think the messiah did what they think would happen. But even today, they are contradicting and blaspheming, just like in Acts 13. Shame.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Once again,

the nuts and bolts of 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) are in the prophets. The LORD was able to keep it veiled until he wanted it unveiled. And, he revealed these nuts and bolts as a unit to Paul.

Not that Danoh is a problem, but there are still people who think they can outsmart God.

Interplanner

Neither am I. The Jews were not expecting a sacrificial lamb. That was revealed to Paul and was so confusing, Peter was used to corroborate all of Paul's new message. Including the raising up of gentiles to being equal with the Israelites.

Not so Lord!

Ask them if Jesus fits what they think the messiah did what they think would happen. But even today, they are contradicting and blaspheming, just like in Acts 13. Shame.

"The Jews were not expecting a sacrificial lamb." Hmmm. They would do that several times a year in the 1st century, right? I think you meant to say, they were not expecting the Christ to be that, because how could Dan 9 or Is 53 actually be saying such a thing?

Danoh

Not that Danoh is a problem, but there are still people who think they can outsmart God.

As is the case in all walks of life, and within The Faith - there is a good reason why there are different Mid-Acts groups within the school of thought that is Mid-Acts (within the various schools of thought in general, within The Faith).

We each approach our study of some things in a manner, that differs in some way, from that manner that all Mads normally approach things from that results in what we all do agree on.

I look at these issues from that.

I refuse to allow myself to think that our different understandings are anything but the result of that.

As a result, I find it allows me to just focus on comparing notes and or findings with others.

A practice I find missing within Mad whenever one side or another insists it's side and or approach is right; end of story.

I have not time for that kind of a one sided insistence; I'm just too curious about all understandings.

Even more so, about the process of thinking a thing through that led to it.

I remember one time while talking to a friend who - was - boring - me - to -death....

When it struck 'okay, so how does this work; how does this great boredom that I am experiencing work?'

Next thing, I knew; I was off on that adventure and was no longer bored with what they were talking about...

Again, I am just too curious about how each person's reasoning works to allow myself to conclude I or some other Mad have the so called right approach and or answer.

Just as I am sure some might read some other intent into my words here.

It is what it is.

People conclude on things all the time.

Very seldom aware their conclusion is actually just their conclusion...not the actual reality.

Scripture itself deals with this same problem from its readers...all the time.

Thus, it is no surprise; all the differing understandings...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Again, I am just to curious about how each person's reasoning works to allow myself to conclude I or some other Mad have the so called right approach and or answer.
So you go through life changing your views on a particular fact and questioning yourself -