Is the Holy Spirit Female?

WatchmanOnTheWall

The pronoun SHE is use every time in the original Hebrew scriptures when describing the Holy Spirit, while the New Testament Greek only used non-gender pronouns and never calls the Holy Spirit He.

As it says in Luke the Holy Spirit together with God the Father over shadowed Mary when Jesus was conceived.

Is the Holy Spirit the Mother of Jesus and as the Bride of Christ are we the perfect family?

When God said 'let US make man in OUR IMAGE' whose image was Eve made from?

Here are 40 examples from the Old Testament of the Holy Spirit being called a SHE:

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Hebrew_Index.htm

Numbers 11:26 and SHE is resting on them the spirit and they in ones being written

Numbers 24:2 And Balaam lifted up his eyes and he saw Israel abiding according to their tribes and the spirit of God came upon him to tribes of him and SHE is becoming on him spirit of Elohim

Judges 3:10 and SHE is becoming on him spirit of Yahweh and he is judging Israel

Judges 6:34 and spirit of Yahweh SHE clothed Gideon

Judges 11:29 and SHE is becoming on Jephthah spirit of Yahweh

Judges 13:25 and SHE is starting spirit of Yahweh to agitate him in Camp of Dan

Judges 14:6 and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Yahweh

Judges 14:19 and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Yahweh and he is going down Ashkelon

1 Samuel 10:6 and SHE prospers over you spirit of Yahweh and you prophesy with them

1 Samuel 10:10 and behold line of prophets to meet of him and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Elohim and he is prophesying in midst of them

1 Samuel 11:6 and SHE is prospering spirit of Elohim over Saul to hear of him

1 Samuel 16:13 and SHE is prospering spirit of Yahweh to David from the day he and on ward and he is rising Samuel and he is going the Ramah ward 14 and spirit of Yahweh SHE withdrew from with Saul and SHE frightened him spirit evil from with Yahweh

1 Samuel 19:20 and SHE is becoming on messengers of Saul spirit of Elohim

1 Samuel 19:23 and he [Saul] is going there to Naioth in the Ramah and SHE is becoming on him moreover he spirit of Elohim and he is going to go and he is prophesying

1 Chronicles 12:18 and spirit SHE clothed Amasai head of the thirty

2 Chronicles 24:20 and spirit of Elohim SHE was put on Zechariah son of Jehoiada the priest

Job 26:13 in spirit of him heavens seemly SHE travailed hand of him serpent fugitive

Job 33:4 spirit of El SHE made me and breath of Who Suffices SHE is keeping alive me

Psalm143:10 teach you me to do of approval of you that you Elohim of me spirit of you good SHE shall guide me in land of upright

Isaiah 11:2 and SHE rests on him spirit Yahweh spirit of wisdom and understanding spirit of counsel

Isaiah 40:7 he dries up grass he decays blossom that spirit of Yahweh SHE reverses in him surely grass the people

Isaiah 59:19 and from sunrise of sun glory of him that he shall come as the stream foe spirit of Yahweh SHE makes flee

Ezekiel 2:2 and SHE is coming in me spirit as which he speaks to me and SHE is standing me on feet of me and I am hearing one speaking to me

Ezekiel 3:12 and SHE is lifting me spirit and I am hearing behind me sound of quaking great being glory of Yahweh place of him

Ezekiel 3:14 and spirit SHE lifts up me and she is taking me and I am going bitter in fury spirit of me and hand of Yahweh on me unyielding

Ezekiel 3:22 and SHE is becoming on me there hand of Yahweh and he is saying to me rise you

Ezekiel 3:24 and SHE is coming in me spirit and SHE is standing me on feet of me

Ezekiel 8:3 and SHE is lifting me spirit between the earth and between the heavens and SHE is bringing me Jerusalem ward

Ezekiel 11:1 and SHE is lifting up me spirit and SHE is bringing me gate of house of Yahweh

Ezekiel 11:5 and SHE is falling on me spirit Yahweh

Ezekiel 11:24 and spirit SHE lifts up me and SHE is bringing me Chaldea ward

Ezekiel 37:1 SHE becomes on me hand of Yahweh and he is bringing forth me in spirit of Yahweh

Ezekiel 43:5 and SHE is lifting me spirit and she is bringing me to the court the inner and behold he fills glory of Yahweh the house

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
HOLY SPIRIT ASIGNED ANGEL (AS A SPIRIT)

John 14:19
19 "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also.
John 14:29-30
29 "And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe.
30 "I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.
John 14:23-24
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
John 14:16-18
16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
18 "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
Matt 3:16-17
16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
John 1:51
51 And He said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."
Luke 24:38
38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
James 1:6-8
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxxNow if you demand that it be put in the carnal language before you will believe it, that makes you very hard-hearted. And the hard-hearted always strain out a gnat and swallow a camel. God turned some of His angels into spirits. Angels work out side of us, and spirits work inside of us. The Holy Spirit is an asigned angel that only quotes verses to us from inside. He is a spirit but because He quotes the Holy Word, He is a Holy Spirit. And He cant talk to you without useing the verses.

Matt 23:24
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
Mark 8:18
18 "Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?
(NKJ)

xxxAngels work from out side of us. Spirits work from inside of us. And God has turned some of His angels into spirits so that they might abide inside of us. And the one that quotes verses is the Holy One, or Holy Spirit, or Holy Ghost.

Heb 1:7
7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire."
(NKJ)

John 15:26
26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
(NKJ)

Rev 1:1

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants-- things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,
(NKJ)

John 14:17
17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
(NKJ)

And we are not the bride of Christ.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And I thought I was being controversial. :jawdrop:

I said
The New Jerusalem is the bride of Christ, we are the guests at the wedding.
Rev 19:6-9
6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, "Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!
7 "Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready."
8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
9 Then he said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!'" And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God."
Rev 21:2-14
2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
4 "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
7 "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
8 "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Epoisses

Is the Holy Spirit the Mother of Jesus and as the Bride of Christ are we the perfect family? As it says in Luke the Holy Spirit and God the Father over shadowed Mary together when Jesus was conceived.

And when God said 'let US make man in OUR IMAGE' whose image was Eve made from?

The pronoun 'SHE' is use every time in the original Hebrew scriptures when describing the Holy Spirit, here are 40 of them:

Numbers 11:26 and SHE is resting on them the spirit and they in ones being written

Numbers 24:2 And Balaam lifted up his eyes and he saw Israel abiding according to their tribes and the spirit of God came upon him to tribes of him and SHE is becoming on him spirit of Elohim

Judges 3:10 and SHE is becoming on him spirit of Yahweh and he is judging Israel

Judges 14:19 and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Yahweh and he is going down Ashkelon

1 Samuel 10:6 and SHE prospers over you spirit of Yahweh and you prophesy with them

1 Samuel 10:10 and behold line of prophets to meet of him and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Elohim and he is prophesying in midst of them

1 Samuel 16:13 and SHE is prospering spirit of Yahweh to David from the day he and on ward and he is rising Samuel and he is going the Ramah ward 14 and spirit of Yahweh SHE withdrew from with Saul and SHE frightened him spirit evil from with Yahweh

1 Samuel 19:23 and he [Saul] is going there to Naioth in the Ramah and SHE is becoming on him moreover he spirit of Elohim and he is going to go and he is prophesying

2 Chronicles 24:20 and spirit of Elohim SHE was put on Zechariah son of Jehoiada the priest

Job 26:13 in spirit of him heavens seemly SHE travailed hand of him serpent fugitive

Job 33:4 spirit of El SHE made me and breath of Who Suffices SHE is keeping alive me

Psalm143:10 teach you me to do of approval of you that you Elohim of me spirit of you good SHE shall guide me in land of upright

Isaiah 11:2 and SHE rests on him spirit Yahweh spirit of wisdom and understanding spirit of counsel

Isaiah 40:7 he dries up grass he decays blossom that spirit of Yahweh SHE reverses in him surely grass the people

Isaiah 59:19 and from sunrise of sun glory of him that he shall come as the stream foe spirit of Yahweh SHE makes flee

Ezekiel 2:2 and SHE is coming in me spirit as which he speaks to me and SHE is standing me on feet of me and I am hearing one speaking to me

Ezekiel 3:12 and SHE is lifting me spirit and I am hearing behind me sound of quaking great being glory of Yahweh place of him

Ezekiel 3:14 and spirit SHE lifts up me and she is taking me and I am going bitter in fury spirit of me and hand of Yahweh on me unyielding

Ezekiel 3:22 and SHE is becoming on me there hand of Yahweh and he is saying to me rise you

Ezekiel 3:24 and SHE is coming in me spirit and SHE is standing me on feet of me

Ezekiel 8:3 and SHE is lifting me spirit between the earth and between the heavens and SHE is bringing me Jerusalem ward

Ezekiel 11:1 and SHE is lifting up me spirit and SHE is bringing me gate of house of Yahweh

Ezekiel 37:1 SHE becomes on me hand of Yahweh and he is bringing forth me in spirit of Yahweh

Ezekiel 43:5 and SHE is lifting me spirit and she is bringing me to the court the inner and behold he fills glory of Yahweh the house

You're a heretic and should be banned. A legalist with unbelief oozing out of every pore.

chair

Is the Holy Spirit the Mother of Jesus and as the Bride of Christ are we the perfect family? As it says in Luke the Holy Spirit and God the Father over shadowed Mary together when Jesus was conceived.

The pronoun 'SHE' is use every time in the original Hebrew scriptures when describing the Holy Spirit, here are 40 of them:

Numbers 24:2 And Balaam lifted up his eyes and he saw Israel abiding according to their tribes and the spirit of God came upon him to tribes of him and SHE is becoming on him spirit of Elohim...

There is no pronoun "she" in those verses ( I only checked the first few- but I see where your error is). In fact, there is no pronoun at all.

What you are running into is the fact that in Biblical Hebrew, as in many languages, both ancient and modern, all objects have gender. A table is either male or female. Likewise a chair, or a cup- or the wind/spirit. English is an unusual language in not having this feature, so an English speaker might read more into this than there really is.

So the wind or spirit has the feminine gender,which affects what form of the verb is used, but does not imply that the inanimate object is "male" or "female".

You will notice that the translations do not put the word "she" into the text. The translators knew how Hebrew works, so they avoided that mistake.

You may consider studying Biblical Hebrew.

Chair

WatchmanOnTheWall

God does not reproduce sexually.

The Spirit did not have sex with Mary.

I'm not saying 'She' did. Although Jesus is begotten of the Father so...?

That fact is the scripture describes the Holy Spirit as female and Jesus believed this:

John 10:35
Scripture cannot be discredited.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I said
The New Jerusalem is the bride of Christ, we are the guests at the wedding.
Rev 19:6-9
6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, "Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!
7 "Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready."
8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
9 Then he said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!'" And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God."
Rev 21:2-14
2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
4 "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
7 "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
8 "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Actually the Church is the Bride:

Ephesians 5:25–27
25Married men, love your wives, as Christ also loved the Church and gave Himself up to death for her; 26in order to make her holy, cleansing her with the baptismal water by the word, 27that He might present the Church to Himself a glorious BRIDE, without spot or wrinkle or any other defect, but to be holy and unblemished.

2 Corinthians 11:2
For I am jealous for you with the jealousy of God himself. I promised you as a pure BRIDE to one husband--Christ.

WatchmanOnTheWall

There is no pronoun "she" in those verses ( I only checked the first few- but I see where your error is). In fact, there is no pronoun at all.

What you are running into is the fact that in Biblical Hebrew, as in many languages, both ancient and modern, all objects have gender. A table is either male or female. Likewise a chair, or a cup- or the wind/spirit. English is an unusual language in not having this feature, so an English speaker might read more into this than there really is.

So the wind or spirit has the feminine gender,which affects what form of the verb is used, but does not imply that the inanimate object is "male" or "female".

You will notice that the translations do not put the word "she" into the text. The translators knew how Hebrew works, so they avoided that mistake.

Chair

You'll need to provide a citation to back this up or my point still stands. I've heard that argument before but never any proof. Here's a citation or two for you to think about:

Unity Church[edit]
The Unity Church's co-founder Charles Fillmore considered the Holy Spirit a distinctly feminine aspect of God considering it to be "the love of Jehovah" and "love is always feminine".[38]

Messianic Jews[edit]
The B'nai Yashua Synagogues Worldwide,[39] a Messianic group headed by Rabbi Moshe Koniuchowsky, holds to the feminine view of the Holy Spirit.[40][41] Messianic Judaism is considered by most Christians and Jews to be a form of Christianity.

There are also some other independent Messianic groups with similar teachings. Some examples include Joy In the World;[42][43] The Torah and Testimony Revealed;[44] Messianic Judaism - The Torah and the Testimony Revealed;[45] and he Union of Nazarene Jewish Congregations/Synagogues[46] ,[47] who also count as canonical the Gospel of the Hebrews which has the unique feature of referring to the Holy Spirit as Jesus' Mother.[48]

Some scholars associated with mainline denominations, while not necessarily indicative of the denominations themselves, have written works explaining a feminine understanding of the third member of the Godhead.[49]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_of_the_Holy_Spirit

chair

You'll need to provide a citation to back this up or my point still stands. I've heard that argument before but never any proof. Here's a citation or two for you to think about:..

I have little interest in what the church says about the holy spirit. I do have an interest in factual accuracy.

I stated that all objects in Biblical Hebrew have gender. It is also true in Modern Hebrew (an Israeli child knows this), German, French, and many other languages. This is well-known, which is why you have heard it before.

Here are some sources that will help you understand this:

Biblical Hebrew has two genders, masculine and feminine, which are reflected in nouns, adjectives, pronouns, and verbs.

In Hebrew, like some other languages (but not English), every word has a gender. In Hebrew we have 2 gender - masculine (male - zachar, זכר) and feminine (female - nekeva, נקבה) and each word belongs to one of them. There is no nutral gender (it).

There is no obvious way of knowing if a word is male or female, but you learn to recognize the gender from the structure of the word after a short time.

All Hebrew nouns are either feminine or neuter. Hebrew does not carry a "neuter" gender, as Biblical Greek does.

1) Hebrew Grammar
Not only is Hebrew grammar distinct for masculine and feminine subjects, but even objects and numbers in Hebrew take on a 'gender.'

I hope this will suffice. You can say the the Christian concept of the Holy Spirit is female- that does not concern me much. But please don't use a misunderstanding of Hebrew to support the idea.

Chair

WatchmanOnTheWall

I have little interest in what the church says about the holy spirit. I do have an interest in factual accuracy.

I stated that all objects in Biblical Hebrew have gender. It is also true in Modern Hebrew (an Israeli child knows this), German, French, and many other languages. This is well-known, which is why you have heard it before.

Here are some sources that will help you understand this:

Biblical Hebrew has two genders, masculine and feminine, which are reflected in nouns, adjectives, pronouns, and verbs.

In Hebrew, like some other languages (but not English), every word has a gender. In Hebrew we have 2 gender - masculine (male - zachar, זכר) and feminine (female - nekeva, נקבה) and each word belongs to one of them. There is no nutral gender (it).

There is no obvious way of knowing if a word is male or female, but you learn to recognize the gender from the structure of the word after a short time.

All Hebrew nouns are either feminine or neuter. Hebrew does not carry a "neuter" gender, as Biblical Greek does.

1) Hebrew Grammar
Not only is Hebrew grammar distinct for masculine and feminine subjects, but even objects and numbers in Hebrew take on a 'gender.'

I hope this will suffice. You can say the the Christian concept of the Holy Spirit is female- that does not concern me much. But please don't use a misunderstanding of Hebrew to support the idea.

Chair

None of them prove your argument, in fact all of them prove the Holy Spirit is indeed female. Just posting links about how Hebrew pronouns are male and female will only strengthen the fact the Bible says the Holy Spirit is female.

You will not find a credible citation proving your point.

chair

None of them prove your argument, in fact all of them prove the Holy Spirit is indeed female. Just posting links about how Hebrew pronouns are male and female will only strengthen the fact the Bible says the Holy Spirit is female.

You will not find a credible citation proving your point.

Please read what I wrote more carefully. I did not say anything at all about whether the Christian "Holy Spirit" is male or female. I am correcting your misuse of the Hebrew Biblical text.

You wrote the following:

This is incorrect. I explained this in detail.

Chair

You did not accept this, and asked for proof. I gave you five sources for the use of gender in Biblical Hebrew. Note that even your own source (the link you provided to scripture4all) does not include the word "she" in it's translation.

My point is that you got the Hebrew wrong, and I gave you five credible sources for that. It is OK to admit an error.

Again, I do not care whether your "Holy Spirit" is a man or a woman. I am only correcting your misunderstanding of Hebrew.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Please read what I wrote more carefully. I did not say anything at all about whether the Christian "Holy Spirit" is male or female. I am correcting your misuse of the Hebrew Biblical text.

You wrote the following:

This is incorrect. I explained this in detail.

You did not accept this, and asked for proof. I gave you five sources for the use of gender in Biblical Hebrew. Note that even your own source (the link you provided to scripture4all) does not include the word "she" in it's translation.

My point is that you got the Hebrew wrong, and I gave you five credible sources for that. It is OK to admit an error.

Again, I do not care whether your "Holy Spirit" is a man or a woman. I am only correcting your misunderstanding of Hebrew.

It is you who can't read:

Job 33:4
http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/job33.pdf

Do you need me to spoon feed you the others as well?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Why is "She" not in any of the English translations?

chair

It is you who can't read:

Job 33:4
http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/job33.pdf

Do you need me to spoon feed you the others as well?

I see where their linear translation put in the word "she". I admit that I did not see that at first. The translation on the side, like all translations, does not include the word "she". It does not appear in the text. It is an attempt to include the gender of the noun in their word-by-word translation.

They do this in general. See how they add the word "she" to their translation of "ground" in Genesis 3:17-19. I think you will admit than "ground" is not really a "she"- it is just the way Hebrew grammar is.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen3.pdf

They are aware of how Hebrew works, and they wanted to include the gender in their English translation.

Please read a couple the sources that I gave you about gender in Hebrew. It really will straighten this out in a few minutes. Read, and only then then respond please.

Thank you

Chair

chair

Why is "She" not in any of the English translations?

It appears in the linear translation that watchman used. Under the text (in green- i missed it at first). They include it to indicate the gender of the object, as they do in other cases as well- I posted an example in the previous post.

There is no pronoun at all in the Hebrew. All nouns in Hebrew have gender, so they wanted to show that.

Chair

WatchmanOnTheWall

I see where their linear translation put in the word "she". I admit that I did not see that at first. The translation on the side, like all translations, does not include the word "she". It does not appear in the text. It is an attempt to include the gender of the noun in their word-by-word translation.

They do this in general. See how they add the word "she" to their translation of "ground" in Genesis 3:17-19. I think you will admit than "ground" is not really a "she"- it is just the way Hebrew grammar is.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen3.pdf

They are aware of how Hebrew works, and they wanted to include the gender in their English translation.

Please read a couple the sources that I gave you about gender in Hebrew. It really will straighten this out in a few minutes. Read, and only then then respond please.

Thank you

Chair

Yeah that's right you've never seen it and now your trying to save face but actually you're only digging yourself deeper. It say SHE because the Holy Spirit is a SHE. Accept it or admit you are rejecting the Word of God. You can't have it both ways.

Hebrew is clear in it's feminine pronouns when ascribed to the person. She is a she and he is a he.

You simply were not aware of this till now, it's just new information, we all learn new things every day.