Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

That isn't what I am asking for.

I'm asking for scripture that states that the bible is the only word of GOD, as I thought you had stated.

Thanks.
I'm not sure that one can use scripture to prove that the scriptures are true. If that were the case then every religion could use their own book to prove that their book is inspired scripture. Try reading that link.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

I'm asking for scripture that states that the bible is the only word of GOD, as I thought you had stated.

I am not going down that road. There is no scripture that says that, and the fact that there is no scripture that says that means absolutely nothing. Why do you seek something that means nothing.

The Church, established by Christ, given authority by Christ, decided upon the canon of inspired scriptures using its Christ-given authority. That is what matters.

popsthebuilder

If that was the case then why did their works prove contrary to the characteristics of the faithful to GOD?

you positing that not using scripture for a solid basis and proof on matters of faith; but instead seemingly leaning on the traditions of faulty men is worrisome from my perspective.

I wouldn't want to talk about it either; at least you aren't so blind as to have missed your own mistake.

peace
I am not going down that road. There is no scripture that says that, and the fact that there is no scripture that says that means absolutely nothing. Why do you seek something that means nothing.

The Church, established by Christ, given authority by Christ, decided upon the canon of inspired scriptures using its Christ-given authority. That is what matters.

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
If that was the case then why did their works prove contrary to the characteristics of the faithful to GOD?.........
Whose works? Mother Theresa? Saint Francis? The Sisters of Mercy? The wonderful missionaries serving in poor countries? The volunteers in shelters and food kitchens? Exactly whose works prove contrary to the characteristics of the faithful to GOD?
Watch yourself there. The Catholic Church is the largest charitable organization on the planet. Catholics do wonderful charitable works everywhere,.

Do we have some sinners in our ranks? Sure. So what. Don't let that twist up the facts.

popsthebuilder

Whose works? Mother Theresa? Saint Francis? The Sisters of Mercy? The wonderful missionaries serving in poor countries? The volunteers in shelters and food kitchens? Exactly whose works prove contrary to the characteristics of the faithful to GOD?
Watch yourself there. The Catholic Church is the largest charitable organization on the planet. Catholics do wonderful charitable works everywhere,.

Do we have some sinners in our ranks? Sure. So what. Don't let that twist up the facts.
Don't conflate my words.

We were speaking of ancient times; times and people closer to the compiling of the books. What works........should that be the focus here?

You said the bible was the only word of GOD.

the bible proves you wrong.

You sidestepping is irelevent.

Some examples of the works contrary to the faithful to GOD would be the destruction of opinions and people who didn't agree wholly with their version of GOD (why would you destroy proof of herecy instead of keeping it as example?), the crusades, the spanish inquisition, burnings at the stake, sodomy with unwilling children......okay.....let's change the subject could we?

popsthebuilder

I'll take the lack of response as a yes.

Can anyone tell me the difference in theme or purpose among the texts I provided earlier in post #1918?

Thanks in advance.

peace

God's Truth

The Bible is the only Word of God.

We must go through Jesus who is God come in the flesh as the Son of Man, the Son of God.

We must go through his shed blood on the cross.

Anything that teaches against that is calling God a liar.

The Qur'an teaches against that.

popsthebuilder

But I thought Christ was the Word of GOD.

I hope you are well friend; it is always good to see you.

peace
The Bible is the only Word of God.

We must go through Jesus who is God come in the flesh as the Son of Man, the Son of God.

We must go through his shed blood on the cross.

Anything that teaches against that is calling God a liar.

The Qur'an teaches against that.

popsthebuilder

Jesus is the Word of God and the Bible has his words written down. We have to go by the written Word.

I am well, friend, thank you. It is so good to see you and hope that you are well also.
I agree with that. But how do you reconsile that with your previous statement; and also how does that mean that we cannot be guided by Christ if we don't read the Bible, or rather stick to the bible only.

Christ is in no way limited to a single book, or any book. You know that.

peace

God's Truth

I agree with that. But how do you reconsile that with your previous statement;
My statements are not contrary, so please explain yourself better without the witty game playing.

and also how does that mean that we cannot be guided by Christ if we don't read the Bible, or rather stick to the bible only.
The Bible is how we learn about Jesus that is how.

You have to learn about Jesus.

Christ is in no way limited to a single book, or any book. You know that.

peace
You have to learn about Jesus from the Holy Bible.

You don't know that?

popsthebuilder

My statements are not contrary, so please explain yourself better without the witty game playing.

The Bible is how we learn about Jesus that is how.

You have to learn about Jesus.

You have to learn about Jesus from the Holy Bible.

You don't know that?
You said the following;
"The Bible is the only Word of God."

and also

"Jesus is the Word of God"

But you don't see anything contrary in comparing those two statements?

What about the words of the Christ telling us that those who aren't against Him are on His part?

God's Truth

You said the following;
"The Bible is the only Word of God."

and also

"Jesus is the Word of God"

But you don't see anything contrary in comparing those two statements?

You don't know the Bible is a written book?

What about the words of the Christ telling us that those who aren't against Him are on His part?
The words of Christ, you say. So how do you know they are the words of Christ?

See how that works.

If you didn't have the written word of God you wouldn't know God.

As for those not against us are for us...the Qur'an is against Jesus. It says God has no son and Jesus was not killed. It also says that there is another prophet after Jesus from the Muslims.

popsthebuilder

The Quran along with other sacred texts teach the same things that Jesus taught for the same reasons.
You don't know the Bible is a written book?

The words of Christ, you say. So how do you know they are the words of Christ?

See how that works.

If you didn't have the written word of God you wouldn't know God.

As for those not against us are for us...the Qur'an is against Jesus. It says God has no son and Jesus was not killed. It also says that there is another prophet after Jesus from the Muslims.