Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jerry's MAD is not identical to Nick's MAD. Jerry is more right than Nick, but both are still wrong.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agreed that a couple uses of sanctification are equated with justification and are past tense to those who are addressed as believers.

Only for the gospel of uncircumcision.

This does not negate the present and future tenses also used of the concept.

Only for the circumcision.

He said to consider, reckon, count yourself dead to sin and alive to Christ.

Then why don't you? The body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is alive. Not for you, only those in Christ.

If Abraham believed God and God credited to him the righteousness of God that means he was justified by grace he was saved.

Isn't that what it says?

Romans 4

10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised.

Once again, the gospel of circumcision is not the gospel of uncircumcision.

James is not wrong.

James 2

20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

Paul mentions Abraham before circumcision. James mentions him afterwards. Why is this so hard for you all? I think you are not wrong, you are evil and being deceptive.

Augustine....Church fathers.... Plato....Luther.

All irrelevant. We are talking about the Bible, not what people think of the Bible.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry's MAD is not identical to Nick's MAD. Jerry is more right than Nick, but both are still wrong.

Your so-called "proof" that I am wrong is your absurd idea that the "good news" that Christ died for our sins is the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

And why do you continue to refuse to even address my remarks about what you said here?:

MAD relies on proof texts out of context in KJV or NKJV, not sound Greek or English evidence in context.

You make false charges against MAD because you are a Pentecostal who refuses to see the truth that the present dispensation did not begin on the day of Pentecost.

I will quote these verses from the NIV and not from either the KJV or NKJV. First, we can see that the Christian is told that he already possess eternal life:

"And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11; NIV).​

And this is what the Lord Jesus says about those to whom He has given eternal life:

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish" (Jn.10:27-28; NIV).​

The Lord Jesus says that they shall never perish but you say that they can!

You deny the Lord Jesus' words and then you claim that you believe what is written in the Bible. And then when confronted with these truths you run away from them as fast as you can with your tail between your legs!

Jerry Shugart

You seemed to be arguing that John did not believe Jesus died for our sins when it was plain that he did.

I am the one who believes what John wrote and you are the one who denies what he wrote. You say that believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is not enough for anyone to be born of God. But that is contradicted by what the Apostle John says here:

"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

Of course when one believes this truth and are born of God they receive life and here John says that those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of god, receive that life:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

You just flat out deny what John so plainly says in those two passages. So I do not need any lectures from you, someone who puts more faith in what some men says about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The gospel of grace is not complete unless the following in "bold" is included, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

Now for the umpteenth time the verse about Abraham does not teach the gospel and does not reveal the entire truth of the gospel! If you think it does then you do not even know the gospel.

Abraham did not need to believe the gospel of the cross to be saved.
All he needed was to believe the promise of a son thru Sarah. He did, God imputed righteousness to him and he was saved.
Abe remained in Paradise with all of the saved people until Messiah made propitiation for the sins of the world. However, those in Abraham's Bosom were already righteous and already saved.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
What do you recommend for the likes of Nick, heir, and me regarding our simple simpletonism?

Read the Bible without a MAD paradigm. Circ vs uncirc is an arbitrary way to chop up the Bible (MAD view vs Israel vs Church correct view).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I cannot follow 1/2 of what Jerry says, but I do know he is wrong to divorce the person and work of Christ (Paul did NOT do so nor did Jesus, Peter, James, John, etc.).

Jerry Shugart

Abraham did not need to believe the gospel of the cross to be saved.
All he needed was to believe the promise of a son thru Sarah. He did, God imputed righteousness to him and he was saved.
Abe remained in Paradise with all of the saved people until Messiah made propitiation for the sins of the world. However, those in Abraham's Bosom were already righteous and already saved.

So?

That does not change the facts which I pointed out to you.

Jerry Shugart

I cannot follow 1/2 of what Jerry says, but I do know he is wrong to divorce the person and work of Christ (Paul did NOT do so nor did Jesus, Peter, James, John, etc.).

Just a simple question for you. Do you believe that a person is born of God when he believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.1:1-5).​

You say that you cannot understand a half of what I say but now we will see if you believe what is so plainly stated in the Scriptures.

Yes or no?

Do you believe that a person is born of God when he believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?