IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Marxist version of the dialectic is type of argument against a "thesis," which can be an argument against scripture which is absolute truth. Christian Zionism, because it teaches a different set of doctrines than certain NT scriptures, makes an argument against that which is absolute truth. And often those who promote and defend this theology use the dialectic.

The guy who has taught on the Marxist version of the dialectic. Dean Gotcher, is not liked in the churches,partly because what he is saying is over their heads,and partly because they realize he is being critical of them. But Gotcher is a leader of the contemporary remnant,which, apparently,for Christian Zionists, does not exist..

This gibberish has nothing to do with this thread. Please stop.

northwye

"This gibberish has nothing to do with this thread. Please stop."

This is a response similar to the usual name calling which goes on constantly here by dispensationalist-Christian Zionists.

Talking about the Marxist version of the dialectic and applying it to the promotion and defending of dispensationalism is being critical of dispensationalist morality and doctrine. And that criticism seems to draw the response of "gibberish." Why not just say you do not like this kind of criticism and do not like what you understand of the use of the dialectic here.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Being that MAD is a vast and deliberate reduction of tradition and reverence, that would be a la no- especially being that almost the entirety of it's adherents don't even live up to the reduction they've made (they don't actually follow Paul's teachings) :rolleyes:

Ancient monks, during fasting, waded bread in their water to satiate them. They ended up getting buzzed from it and mistook it for enlightenment. I think that many make this same mistake in some form or another, and MADism is an entity that encourages it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The Marxist version of the dialectic is type of argument against a "thesis," which can be an argument against scripture which is absolute truth. Christian Zionism, because it teaches a different set of doctrines than certain NT scriptures, makes an argument against that which is absolute truth. And often those who promote and defend this theology use the dialectic.

The guy who has taught on the Marxist version of the dialectic. Dean Gotcher, is not liked in the churches,partly because what he is saying is over their heads,and partly because they realize he is being critical of them. But Gotcher is a leader of the contemporary remnant,which, apparently,for Christian Zionists, does not exist..

The red light on my lunatic alert system is beginning to flicker.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Being that MAD is a vast and deliberate reduction of tradition and reverence, that would be a la no- especially being that almost the entirety of it's adherents don't even live up to the reduction they've made (they don't actually follow Paul's teachings) :rolleyes:

Ancient monks, during fasting, waded bread in their water to satiate them. They ended up getting buzzed from it and mistook it for enlightenment. I think that many make this same mistake in some form or another, and MADism is an entity that encourages it.

You sure opine a lot for a guy weighed down by tons of ignorance relating to the subject of MAD.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"This gibberish has nothing to do with this thread. Please stop."

This is a response similar to the usual name calling which goes on constantly here by dispensationalist-Christian Zionists.

Talking about the Marxist version of the dialectic and applying it to the promotion and defending of dispensationalism is being critical of dispensationalist morality and doctrine. And that criticism seems to draw the response of "gibberish." Why not just say you do not like this kind of criticism and do not like what you understand of the use of the dialectic here.

You're mind is slowly becoming "Mush", pal.

Interplanner

Could we get an update on what it means to 'wade bread.' Are they talking about this all the time at Safeway?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Remember my fellow posters, MAD is used as a "Tool" to be used to clear up supposed contradictions and confusion. It's used to help us "Rightly Divide" the word of God. (The Holy Bible)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Remember my fellow posters, MAD is used as a "Tool" to be used to clear up supposed contradictions and confusion. It's used to help us "Rightly Divide" the word of God. (The Holy Bible)

Is it used to rightly divide or is the result of rightly dividing?

Perhaps a bit of both. A chicken and the egg sort of thing.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Until I came across the MAD Doctrine, I saw what seemed to be a certain amount of confusion and contradiction. My way of dealing with it was to rationalize that particular verse of Scripture.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'm of the belief it's a combination of both, actually. How about yourself?

It just really depends on just what is meant when you say that its a tool but at bottom, I'd say it is the result of rightly dividing because the core idea is simply that Paul and his gospel and ministry is seperate and distinct from that of Israel. Which is just a way of communicating/defining the division being made. The rest of what Mid-Acts Dispensationalism teaches comes as a result of that primary premise. In fact, the rest comes easily and intuitively. I mean, how hard can it be to figure out, for example, that a letter that starts with the statement "James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.", isn't written to Gentiles and that therefore when we read James we should bare in mind that we are reading someone else's mail and there is no need to try to figure out how it is teaching that same thing as Paul taught and so we can read it and take it to mean what it seems to be saying.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It just really depends on just what is meant when you say that it's a tool but at bottom, I'd say it is the result of rightly dividing because the core idea is simply that Paul and his gospel and ministry is seperate and distinct from that of Israel. Which is just a way of communicating/defining the division being made. The rest of what Mid-Acts Dispensationalism teaches comes as a result of that primary premise. In fact, the rest comes easily and intuitively. I mean, how hard can it be to figure out, for example, that a letter that starts with the statement "James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.", isn't written to Gentiles and that therefore when we read James we should bare in mind that we are reading someone else's mail and there is no need to try to figure out how it is teaching that same thing as Paul taught and so we can read it and take it to mean what it seems to be saying.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Perhaps I should expound on what I posted. When I was young and started reading the Bible, I have to admit, I didn't notice who was being spoken to. In fact, I attended a Non-Denominational, Mid-Acts Dispensational Church since I was twelve years old. However, for a number of years, I don't remember them speaking on the topic, therefore, I wasn't actually privy to what I call: The MAD Tool." I didn't discover the "Tool" until several years later. In reality, Mid-Acts Dispensationalism IS part of the Gospel. It is intertwined within the very fibers of the Gospel. As you mentioned, There are times when the each book states at the beginning, who is being spoken to. If it doesn't mention at the beginning, one can more or less ascertain that information in the text itself as you continue to read and study it. Personally, I don't believe one can separate Mid-Acts Dispensationalism from The Scriptures. However, I do believe one can be a member of the Body of Christ without being enlightened about Mid-Acts Dispensationalism. Posters on this forum seem to be adverse to the word "MAD", that's why I'm writing it out in its entirety, rather than using the abbreviation.

I believe the word "MAD" has gotten a bad rap around TOL. Posters don't seem to understand Mid-Acts Dispensationalism, therefore, they mistrust what's being taught, regarding it. As I stated early on, I attended a Mid-Acts Dispensationalist Church and didn't understand it for several years. Once you understand the "MAD Doctrine" it opens the window of your mind/heart to a fresh breeze of truth and understanding. It takes away the shroud of any confusion and so-called contradictions, one may encounter.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Perhaps I should expound on what I posted. When I was young and started reading the Bible, I have to admit, I didn't notice who was being spoken to. In fact, I attended a Non-Denominational, Mid-Acts Dispensational Church since I was twelve years old. However, for a number of years, I don't remember them speaking on the topic, therefore, I wasn't actually privy to what I call: The MAD Tool." I didn't discover the "Tool" until several years later. In reality, Mid-Acts Dispensationalism IS part of the Gospel. It is intertwined within the very fibers of the Gospel. As you mentioned, There are times when the each book states at the beginning, who is being spoken to. If it doesn't mention at the beginning, one can more or less ascertain that information in the text itself as you continue to read and study it. Personally, I don't believe one can separate Mid-Acts Dispensationalism from The Scriptures. However, I do believe one can be a member of the Body of Christ without being enlightened about Mid-Acts Dispensationalism. Posters on this forum seem to be adverse to the word "MAD", that's why I'm writing it out in its entirety, rather than using the abbreviation.

I believe the word "MAD" has gotten a bad rap around TOL. Posters don't seem to understand Mid-Acts Dispensationalism, therefore, they mistrust what's being taught, regarding it. As I stated early on, I attended a Mid-Acts Dispensationalist Church and didn't understand it for several years. Once you understand the "MAD Doctrine" it opens the window of your mind/heart to a fresh breeze of truth and understanding. It takes away the shroud of any confusion and so-called contradictions, one may encounter.

I was actually under the impression that calling Mid-Acts Dispensationalism, "MAD" was started here on TOL and that it was used as a pejorative. I could be completely wrong about that but that has been my impression for years now. In fact, back when I had a higher level substription than I have currently, I had a graphic in my signature line which has a quote of Acts 26:25 where Paul states "I am not mad...but speak the words of truth and reason." I can't think of a better line from the bible that more clearly articulates what I try to do here. You can still see the graphic if you click on that .jpg link in my signature line.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I was actually under the impression that calling Mid-Acts Dispensationalism, "MAD" was started here on TOL and that it was used as a pajorative. I could be completely wrong about that but that has been my impression for years now. In fact, back when I had a higher level substription than I have currently, I had a graphic in my signature line which has a quote of Acts 26:25 where Paul states "I am not mad...but speak the words of truth and reason." I can't think of a better line from the bible that more clearly articulates what I try to do here. You can still see the graphic if you click on that .jpg link in my signature line.

It is a pejorative to many on TOL, unfortunately. They just don't see the relevance of the "MAD Doctrine." Without it, you can see how confused/confounded they are. No doubt they're seeing contradictions where there isn't any, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.