Is JOHN ONE OF TWO WITNESSES

OCTOBER23

10 And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
1 ¶ And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 ¶ And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

-------------
JOHN IS TOLD TO PREACH TO THE NATIONS AGAIN

Is he not one of the two witnesses ?????

CherubRam

10 And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
1 ¶ And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 ¶ And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

-------------

John is not one of the Two Witnesses.
In that parable John represents the congregations who in the last days must go again to preach the good news. That is because of the harm done to scriptures by the Catholics. I know more then what I have to say for now.

False Prophet

The 144,000 is one witness, and the great cloud of witnesses standing before the throne of God is the other witness.

OCTOBER23

church and state of the byzantine empire ????????

THEN HOW DO THEY GET KILLED AT THE END OF THE TRIBULATION ????

Hawkins

-------------

They most likely refer to the end time prophets.

2 witnesses might refer to the 2 series of prophets, representing LAW and PROPHETS respectively.

LAW (f.e.): OT - Moses, NT - Paul
PROPHETS (f.e.): OT - Elijah, NT - John the Baptist

They are rather the 2 series of prophets sent. Plus that end time prophets may have the characteristic of

1) they die and get resurrected
2) people get tormented by what they say

Zeke

Where is the temple of God in Revelations STP? Some future or past one made with stones in the mythical land of IS RA EL or is it a living one made without hands Acts Acts 7:48, 2Cor 5:1? Revelation happens where? Luke 17:20-21 should be a clue, and the only way to see it is through the peniel stone in our skull Gen 32:30.

CherubRam

Galatians 1:12, where did Paul's revelation take place?

Acts 9:17
Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”

Zeke

Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”

The inner revelation not the outward address, plus the Acts version is suspect when compared with the earlier account from Paul's own version of what happened, Galatians 1:12-16 .

CherubRam

The inner revelation not the outward address, plus the Acts version is suspect when compared with the earlier account from Paul's own version of what happened, Galatians 1:12-16 .

Hello!
Galatians 1:12
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Acts 9
3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.
“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,”
he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

northwye

C. I. Scofield claimed that "Not one instance exists of a 'spiritual' or figurative fulfilment of prophecy... Jerusalem is always Jerusalem, Israel is always Israel, Zion is always Zion... Prophecies may never be spiritualised, but are always literal." C.I. Scofield, Scofield Bible Correspondence Course (Chicago, Moody Bible Institute), pp. 45-46.

Christian Zionists follow Scofield in making the prophecy in Revelation 11 literal. And they also tend to make Revelation 12, and 13 literal, and also key parts of Revelation 14 on the 144,000.

But the literal bias on interpreting prophecies written in metaphoric language is not the only reason why so many come up with so many different interpretations of Revelation Chapters 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17 and 18 which are not inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Although the meanings - and layers of meanings in some cases - in Revelation 11, 12, 13, and 14, for example, are partly hidden to many, there are doctrines in these chapters which most in the churches in 2015 do not want to hear.

For example, the Greek word liopoy. Strong's Exhaustive Concordance number 3062. meaning "remaining ones, which remain, remnant, residue, rest," is used in Revelation 11 and in Revelation 12 to refer to a remnant during the church period. God raises up a remnant to stay faithful when the majority fall into false doctrines and practices. The church in 2015 does not acknowledge that a remnant now exists outside the churches or that this remnant will play a role in the near future.

There is a conflict between the followers of the Serpent-Dragon and the seed of the women, who are the remnant, in Revelation 12. Though this is in heavily metaphoric language, it can be seen as a conflict between the false prophets and those holding on to sound doctrines. The false prophets are in the churches.

And in Revelation 11: 10 those who are said to dwell on the earth rejoice because the prophets - called the Two Witnesses - who have tormented them were killed Those who dwell on the earth - and are not those who sit with Christ in heavenly places(Ephesians 2: 6) - could very well be in the churches

In Revelation 13 the second beast has traditionally been identified as the False Prophet, and he represents the many false prophets of Matthew 24: 11. And Revelation 13: 12 says the false prophet causes them who dwell on the earth (and do not sit with Christ in heavenly places) to worship the first beast whose deadly wound was healed. This is somewhat hard to figure out, what this first beast is whose deadly wound was healed. But Revelation 13: 3 says one of the heads of the first beast received a deadly wound that was healed and the whole world wondered after him. "Him" is a small nation, coming up along with or just after the four beast empires in Daniel 7. It is the little horn nation. which has the spirit of anti-Chjrist. Of course, this is not acceptable in the Christian Zionist churches.

Zeke

Paul recieved numerous revelations from God.

Trust Acts if you want but it contradicts the Galatians conversion of Paul. Being a dependent on Acts for the bedrock of dispensation teaching, is the veil that will keep you in the dark concerning this easy to compare blooper.

The revelation of Christ happens within, not some future events transpiring in the clouds.

Zeke

Hello!
Galatians 1:12
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Acts 9
3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.
“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,”
he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

Paul wrote Acts did he? Best to compare both conversion accounts to what Paul stated happen afterward, not some account that blatantly has him contradicting what he said he did. I will take Paul's epistle as the deciding factor, not some suspect letter that makes Paul speak with a forked tongue.

OCTOBER23

ZEKE said,

The revelation of Christ happens within
not some future events transpiring in the clouds.
--------------------------------------------

ITS GOING TO GET VERY CLOUDY IN THE FUTURE.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him,

and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth

shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.