Is it Biblical to Celebrate Birthdays?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do not celebrate my own birthday. Is it Biblical to celebrate Birthdays? I do observe the Jewish Calendar.

6days

It is Biblical to celebrate various events. Birthdays are an awesome time to thank God for the people He has placed in our paths. Birthdays also are a great time for us to celebrate the love we have for the people in our lives.

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
It is Biblical to celebrate various events. Birthdays are an awesome time to thank God for the people He has placed in our paths. Birthdays also are a great time for us to celebrate the love we have for the people in our lives.
Regardless of the perceived benefits of birthdays, what matters most is God's perception. Are there reasons to believe that God doesn't approve of birthdays? Do those reasons still exist if people ignore them? Can you still refer to yourself as a Christian if you continue to celebrate birthdays?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I guess they can seem pretty harmless. I don't know if there is anything wrong that people do in their birthday celebrations, like traditions or something.

6days

Are there reasons to believe that God doesn't approve of birthdays?
There are many reasons to believe God wants us to celebrate important events in our lives.

Can you still refer to yourself as a Christian if you continue to celebrate birthdays?
Fortunately, our salvation does not depend on ourselves. We can't earn, or lose salvation on something like birthdays. Our salvation is totally upon Jesus and His shed blood at Calvary.

Mixed_Brown

A few questions to ask yourself....

Are birthdays celebrated in the Bible?
By whom?
What happened during those birthdays?

Instead of just assuming something is acceptable or wrong, see if you can get any indication from God's word.
God's word does include some information and that will give you some indication to the way God views things.
There aren't always direct commands or laws for everything, but the biblical record can give us some indication about the principles God wants us to apply.

Do some research and let us know what you find.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
do you celebrate your birthday by taking worship away from God?

in celebrating your birthday, do you elevate yourself over God, do you make your birthday into an idol or a totem?

for most people, the answer will be "of course not" or "what are you, crazy?"

unless you're one of those other people, no worries

john w

Hall of Fame
Nah-that would be the wine, Roman Catholics gulp down, after eating their "wafer god."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A few questions to ask yourself....

Are birthdays celebrated in the Bible?
By whom?
What happened during those birthdays?

Instead of just assuming something is acceptable or wrong, see if you can get any indication from God's word.
God's word does include some information and that will give you some indication to the way God views things.
There aren't always direct commands or laws for everything, but the biblical record can give us some indication about the principles God wants us to apply.

Do some research and let us know what you find.

Are birthdays mentioned by the word birthday in the Bible?

Genesis 40:20 NASB - Thus it came about on the third day, [which was] Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast for all his servants; and he lifted up the head of the chief cupbearer and the head of the chief baker among his servants.

Matthew 14:6 NASB - But when Herod's birthday came, the daughter of Herodias danced before [them] and pleased Herod,

Mark 6:21 NASB - A strategic day came when Herod on his birthday gave a banquet for his lords and military commanders and the leading men of Galilee;

john w

Hall of Fame
The only birthday, scripturally, that will be celebrated, in the future, will be mandatory, or face the consequences(Zechariah 14:17.....):

Zechariah 14:16 KJV And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The only birthday, scripturally, that will be celebrated, in the future, will be mandatory, or face the consequences(Zechariah 14:17.....):

Zechariah 14:16 KJV And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

hope there's enough cake to go around

9imQZkq.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame
hope there's enough cake to go around

9imQZkq.jpg
And the reason I've never attended a company "Christmas Party"(which has morphed into the politically "correct" "Holiday Party")? Mention the Lord Jesus Christ's name, at such a gathering, and there is a "hush," a look of disapproval, from the "party go'ers," as there was, like times of old, as "there was no room for" him, like at the inn(Luke 2:7 KJV). Whoever heard of a birthday party, where the "guest of honor" is not discussed, much less honored, or even mentioned? No thanks.