ECT Is God not always calling us up to something higher in Him?

Cross Reference

From the Word of God we see this that God teaches us, "I will do this if you will do that and if you do that, I will do this". In the end, this can be understood and summed up as living by the "cross principle". Because God is always after something from us that will reveal our heart which perhaps has not been fully given Him and, by a test, will reveal that condition that by our love to Him and His love to us, will afford us the opportunity to repent and move up in our relationship with Him. Reasoning this out will cause us to understand God is always calling us to something higher in Him.

So as it is that by all God gives is in promise form, we can see that when Adam was "gifted" dominion over all the earth it too was in promise form that had he obeyed God in the one command he was given, the promise would have been fulfilled and made effective. This is no less the principle of the cross we see demonstrated throughout both the old and new testaments in His dealings with Israel and same principle exampled in the garden and the OT is what Jesus demonstrated by his life and physical death. In his victory over self and Satan did he make effective the ultimate intention of God for having created man, i.e., Joint-heir-ship with Jesus. The man Jesus won the victory to become the Author of our new creation in the Godhead and that by Life "gifted" us, we are invited to join Him as His multi-membered Body.

When, after being born again from above and receiving the great and precious promises of God for entering His kingdom, we can see the cross principle and better understand the issues surrounding man's redemption snd its purpose. Indeed, we can better understand, Jesus Christ.

OMT: Most of you are on ignore and your replies will not not be recognized by me.

Cross Reference

Because I won't be replying to some should not prevent anyone from exchanging their ideas between themselves re the OP. Feel free tn doing so..

Livelystone

IMO "until Christ be formed in us" means until then we still have a ways to go before any final trump is ever going to sound.

He is the word made flesh and the same as the word became His flesh it can become our flesh

Only the Father can form His son in us, and He will if we learn the truth of His word while walking out our salvation in love and in obedience

Cross Reference

IMO "until Christ be formed in us" means until then we still have a ways to go before any final trump is ever going to sound.

IMO, the "we" you speak of can only be the "man-child" [multi-membered Body of Christ] mentioned Rev 12 __ the woman mentioned being the visible church which births him..

He is the word made flesh and the same as the word became His flesh it can become our flesh

Yes! And it is when born again from above __ that the trials which are purposed to prove come after this factual spiritual birth.

Only the Father can form His son in us, and He will if we learn the truth of His word while walking out our salvation in love and in obedience

You must mean, if we allow the "Word" to have His way in our lives unto complete obedience to Him is achieved? The resulting relationship might be the culmination of our union in the Father as Jesus prayed for in Jn 17.

Please don't consider this a critique of what you posted but rather thoughts that came to me as I read yours.

Thanks Lively!

nikolai_42

From the Word of God we see this that God teaches us, "I will do this if you will do that and if you do that, I will do this". In the end, this can be understood and summed up as living by the "cross principle". Because God is always after something from us that will reveal our heart which perhaps has not been fully given Him and, by a test, will reveal that condition that by our love to Him and His love to us, will afford us the opportunity to repent and move up in our relationship with Him. Reasoning this out will cause us to understand God is always calling us to something higher in Him.

So as it is that by all God gives is in promise form, we can see that when Adam was "gifted" dominion over all the earth it too was in promise form that had he obeyed God in the one command he was given, the promise would have been fulfilled and made effective. This is no less the principle of the cross we see demonstrated throughout both the old and new testaments in His dealings with Israel and same principle exampled in the garden and the OT is what Jesus demonstrated by his life and physical death. In his victory over self and Satan did he make effective the ultimate intention of God for having created man, i.e., Joint-heir-ship with Jesus. The man Jesus won the victory to become the Author of our new creation in the Godhead and that by Life "gifted" us, we are invited to join Him as His multi-membered Body.

When, after being born again from above and receiving the great and precious promises of God for entering His kingdom, we can see the cross principle and better understand the issues surrounding man's redemption snd its purpose. Indeed, we can better understand, Jesus Christ.

OMT: Most of you are on ignore and your replies will not not be recognized by me.

But is it progressive like it seems you suggest? Or, rather, is it "According to your faith, be it unto you"?

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Revelation 3:21

Those to whom He said that were not what one might consider to be spiritual "giants". They thought they were :

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Revelation 3:17

What gives them the opportunity to rule and reign with Christ?

Livelystone

IMO, the "we" you speak of can only be the "man-child" [multi-membered Body of Christ] mentioned Rev 12 __ the woman mentioned being the visible church which births him..

Yes! And it is when born again from above __ that the trials which are purposed to prove come after this factual spiritual birth.

You must mean, if we allow the "Word" to have His way in our lives unto complete obedience to Him is achieved? The resulting relationship might be the culmination of our union in the Father as Jesus prayed for in Jn 17.

Please don't consider this a critique of what you posted but rather thoughts that came to me as I read yours.

Thanks Lively!

One thing positive I can say for the old Jewish sages,

They knew there was life in the pages of the written Word, but as Paul said without being mixed with faith they could not find it

I agree with everything you have said in your reply

IMO you wrote a very good post,

:thumb:

Cross Reference

One thing positive I can say for the old Jewish sages,

They knew there was life in the pages of the written Word, but as Paul said without being mixed with faith they could not find it

I agree with everything you have said in your reply

IMO you wrote a very good post,

:thumb:

Can we open that a little to make it that they believed for life in them because Jesus said this when speaking about that issue with them: "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me" John 5:39 (ESV)?

If we can, then we can better see Paul describing His understanding of Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus when Jesus said this in reply to him: "Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be"? Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things. Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony." John 3:9-11(ESV) [Because Nic & co. did not mingle it with faith.]

As a lesson to us, I think the Pharisees purposefully withheld the truth of OT knowledge because of their unrighteousness, Nicodemus perhaps being caught up in that because of friendships and allegiances within the Pharisaical order he held dear __ until he met Jesus.

Thank you again, Lively!

Cross Reference

But is it progressive like it seems you suggest? Or, rather, is it "According to your faith, be it unto you"?
Did not even Jesus learn His Father in a progressive way? Can a baby govern? Can any baby do the things of a Father unless he learns His ways?

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Revelation 3:21

Those to whom He said that were not what one might consider to be spiritual "giants". They thought they were :

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Revelation 3:17

What gives them the opportunity to rule and reign with Christ?

Answer: The abiding Life of Christ within the born again individual __if indeed it is still abiding after time has taken its toll.

This is where "overcoming" self is of such importance because there can be no compromise with the Life of Christ and the life of my "self" when God speaks. Therefore, beware! "It is the little foxes" [in our natural life] "that destroy the vine". (SS 2:15)

Thank you, nicolai!

oatmeal

God certainly wants us to grow up into Christ.

Ephesians 4:15

We can always get more mature in Christ.

Livelystone

Can we open that a little to make it that they believed for life in them because Jesus said this when speaking about that issue with them: "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me" John 5:39 (ESV)?

If we can, then we can better see Paul describing His understanding of Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus when Jesus said this in reply to him: "Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be"? Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things. Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony." John 3:9-11(ESV) [Because Nic & co. did not mingle it with faith.]

As a lesson to us, I think the Pharisees purposefully withheld the truth of OT knowledge because of their unrighteousness, Nicodemus perhaps being caught up in that because of friendships and allegiances within the Pharisaical order he held dear __ until he met Jesus.

Thank you again, Lively!

Thank you for your insights and reply as well as the kind words. :cloud9:

I have had a huge plateful thrown at me the last 72 and am just now getting back to what might be considered normal.

God willing I will reply in kind in the AM

Blessings to you,

Doug