Is Atheism Like a Religion?

Tyrathca

A theist and atheist can hold beliefs, but not be religious. But certainly, both atheists and theists can be religious... and often are.
Yes atheists can be religious, most of them would prefer to be called Buddhists though.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Atheism is a "religion "
Were your quotes necessary around the word, 'religion'? If so, why? Why did you need to put them there?

Why
Atheism is a "religion"...

rather than
Atheism is a religion...
?

What (if anything) are you trying to signify by having your quotes there that you could not have signified without them?

the way not collecting stamps is a hobby

To what (if anything) are you referring by your phrase, "not collecting stamps"? Lots of hobbies are not stamp-collecting, no? For instance, a hobby of collecting baseball cards is not stamp-collecting, is it? And yet, baseball-card-collecting is a hobby. So, to what (if anything) are you referring by your phrase, "not collecting stamps"?

the way "off" is a channel on television

Are you trying to say that the word, "off", is not a TV channel? I agree that the word, "off", is not a TV channel. It's a word, not a TV channel. So what if it's not?

Are you trying to say that the word, "off", is not the name of a TV channel? I don't know that there's any TV channel called "off", but then, for all I know, perhaps there is one. Whether or not there is, somewhere, a TV channel called "off"--either way, so what?

What (if anything) are you even trying to say, here?

Also, you left out another common, banal, mindless stupidity of a phrase cherished by many of your ilk:

"Bald is not a hair color" is not even a sentence. The adjective, "bald", here, is not even a substantive, is it? If you would say it is so, why then, please tell us to what is being referred by the word, "bald".

If you want to say "Atheism is not a religion", why can't you just say, "Atheism is not a religion"?

Hawkins

Yes, atheism is a religion where atheists believe in evidence which they don't actually believe in evidence.

I asked them for the evidence to back up the food contents they ever ate in one out of the million meals they ever had, and they can't. But they still believe that a truth must be supported by evidence. Similarly they never ask for evidence when getting all the facts from a small piece of paper with some human writings on it, we call it a newspaper.

By their faith, they also believe that history knows in advance what events would have an impact to humans, such that it will leave more evidence for the more impacting events. That's why they keep saying that extraordinary claims require more evidence. So I ask them for the most extraordinary claims from their own fathers then back them up with evidence, and they can't!