Intro and question

crimson42

My name is Jeff and I am new here. I have only been a Christian for 9 years. I pose a deep theological question. Consider for the moment we have free will and hell exists, In Revelation it says after the end there will be a new heaven and a new earth and hell will be done with, does this therefore mean that God will take away free will when he creates the new heaven and earth making him a dictator God? Thereby making us worship him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My name is Jeff and I am new here. I have only been a Christian for 9 years.
Welcome to TOL.

I pose a deep theological question. Consider for the moment we have free will and hell exists, In Revelation it says after the end there will be a new heaven and a new earth and hell will be done with, does this therefore mean that God will take away free will when he creates the new heaven and earth making him a dictator God? Thereby making us worship him.
The hell that is thrown into the lake of fire is the grave.
The grave (hell) was the abode where mortals (both the just and the unjust) went when they died.
At the resurrection, both the just and the unjust are raised immortal.
Since there will be no more mortals that can die, the grave (hell) is no longer needed.

Spitfire

Consider for the moment we have free will and hell exists, In Revelation it says after the end there will be a new heaven and a new earth and hell will be done with, does this therefore mean that God will take away free will when he creates the new heaven and earth making him a dictator God? Thereby making us worship him.
No, God will never do away with free will. This is one thing that I doubt would exist now if God intended to do away with it in the future anyway.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
:wave: welcome to TOL

'S' no such thing as free will apart from God.

The bible teaches that man is in bondage.

Marko in Christ

I believe when god sets up his new heaven and new earth, sin and fear will be cast out of our minds and we will not have the images and thoughts of what is in the world today. Today we are still living in the first heaven and first earth. The unified field theory I believe proves the bible correct.

2COR12:9

My name is Jeff and I am new here. I have only been a Christian for 9 years. I pose a deep theological question. Consider for the moment we have free will and hell exists, In Revelation it says after the end there will be a new heaven and a new earth and hell will be done with, does this therefore mean that God will take away free will when he creates the new heaven and earth making him a dictator God? Thereby making us worship him.
Hi Jeff, welcome. My theory is "yes" and "no". For those of us who have given over to Christ, our deepest desire is for His will to be our own. Though in this temporal state there is a conflict of interest in our earthly flesh. So now we can choose to sin as a result of our flesh, even when our spiritual desire is to submit wholeheartedly to the Father. I believe upon passing through the refiners fire and coming into glory, every part that does consist of God will be purged and burned away, leaving us in a pure state no longer being subject to a conflicting will to sin. God is perfecting us from the ground up, different from what we see of angels falling from the heavens, and as far as we know are not allowed to repent.

The Huzz

God will never take away the free will he's given to us.Your question does pose another question,(well,how will that work?).My guess is that the covenent of grace will be over,leaving law,wich God will be judge and jury.Our free will remains but our actions will have immediate and just consequences.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
peacetrain.gif

I aint no monkey

The OP hasn't experienced the love that comes from God after we die. So please OP, stop asking if God is a dictator, you sound like a POE when you do.