Interesting videos on astronomy & physics

BigBoof1959

I found a couple of interesting videos by Wal Thornhill on the net this week. This one - http://www.holoscience.com - has information on some of the surprising and "impossible" discoveries made in astronomy recently. Particularly interesting to me was the discovery of incredibly long filaments of electrically active plasma, uniform in width over distances of thousands of light years, with baby stars being formed a various points along their length. This would tend to back up the prediction of "electric universe" cosmologists who claim that electric phenomena, not gravity, is responsible for star and galaxy formation. Mainstream physics will have none of that, and claim instead that this is caused by shockwaves from prior super-nova explosions. Never mind that shock waves usually don't produce sharply twisting zig-zag patterns as seen in these star-forming filaments, or that they have yet to find other evidence of the former super novas.

And this one, which is a little longer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWiBxWieQU from the 2015 "Electric Universe" conference seems to be worth checking out. On either video, if you want to cut down on the amount of time required to get the information, you can do what I did, which is to turn off the volume, then use the gear shaped "tools" icon on the you-tube video screen to bump the speed up to 1.5x or 2x that of normal and turn on the closed captioning. Their CC mode actually reflects what is being said, unlike the phonetically deciphered mish-mash found on most you-tube videos. I was skeptical when I saw the title of the one about finally understanding gravity, but after watching the video, the idea of gravity as an effect of electro-magnetic forces seems to make sense. A good point was made by Mr Thornhill when he questioned the wisdom of using the force of gravity measured on earth and then extrapolating that as a cosmological constant throughout the universe, when they can't even get consistent measurements here on earth. He attributes the success of using what we know about gravity to predict planetary movements, and send spacecraft to definite locations in space, to the fact that gravity is the controlling force only at a certain scale, that being the size of "orbiting planetary systems". At the atomic level on the "micro" end of the scale, and at the galactic level on the "macro" end, the force of electromagnetism is proposed as being dominant. Even at the "orbiting planet" scale where gravity holds sway, he claims that electro-magnetism is responsible for gravity through the slightly elongated orbit of electrons around a nucleus.

The idea of electrical discharges between orbiting planets being a mechanism for transferring mass (and thus gravity) to the outer planet is an interesting idea for explaining the existence of ancient pterodactyls and dragonflies that were too heavy to fly in our current state of gravity and atmospheric pressure, or the dinosaurs with heads at the end of necks so long that steel girders could not have supported them. This idea of electrical exchange between planets has recently been confirmed by the SOHO satellite, detecting a plasma tail going from Venus to Earth when they are lined up with the sun. It would also be consistent with the ancient accounts of "thunderbolts" between Venus, Mars, and the earth. I've posted links to the "Thunderbolts of the Gods" website on a few other forums a long time ago and most people weren't too impressed because their theory is based on historical evidence, not scientific experiments. They dismiss the fact that there are identical ancient pictographs found scattered all over the globe in places where contact between the people who drew them was impossible: they also ignore the fact that scientists can creat the same patterns seen in these pictographs by energizing different plasmas with various electrical charges. Plasmas can also be formed in the lab that look and behave just like galaxies found in space, but on a small scale. So maybe now that scientists are finding a lot more electrical phenomena in what used to be called "empty" space (which is actually full of plasma), perhaps the ancients weren't drunk or high on some other substance when they wrote about lightning bolts hitting earth from Mars and Venus (which, in an "electric universe" could have orbited much closer to earth in the past and relatively quickly found a balance between their orbits through exchanges of mass through electric discharges and magnetic repulsion. The process is described in the video "The Long Road to Understanding Gravity"). Or drew pictures of what may have been energized plasmas surrounding earth. When I put the wild and far out claims of the ancients next to what is now called "exotic" or "extremely complicated" theories of modern physics, I have a hard time deciding which one Occam's razor would rather cut off.

PureX

I think the difficulty we're having in understanding this stuff is that it's happening on a level that's so small, yet so huge that it's universal; that it's not only nearly impossible for us to see, and manipulate (which is how we usually come to understand things) but is becoming increasingly difficult for us to even contemplate. Once we reach the quantum level of existence, the phenomena of observing and the phenomena being observed begin to intermix, and it becomes very difficult to tell one from the other.

I have lost track of the number of quantum "particles" we have identified and labeled thus far, but I know we're still finding new ones, and that we have no idea how they are functionally inter-related, yet. So far, we perceive them as manifesting in sub-sets of three. And yet the truth is that all they are to us is differentiated phenomena. We call them "particles", but they aren't really. And in fact we don't know what they are, or even where they are at any given moment in time and space. All they really are to us is 'differentiated phenomena' as resulting from physical experimentation.

Imagine that existence is a unified 2-diminutional plane of phenomena. But that the phenomena on that plane is organized according to some number of elemental forces, causing the phenomena on the plane to create differentiated areas, each interrelated by these elemental forces, but also being differentiated from one another by them, too. So that a phenomenological "map" of this plane might appear to us, if we could see it, like a fuzzily-focussed multiplex of grids. Sort of like a plaid print, with fuzzy or blurred lines and edges.

And in the places between the differentiating lines on this multi grid are specifically recognizable phenomena. And we have labeled these phenomena each according to how we perceive them, relatively. They are called photons, and gravitons, and electron, muons and gluons, and so on. And we can perceive that they are related to each other some way, such that they form a kind of grid-like diagram when we lay them out according to their phenomenal relativity. But the unfortunate fact is, that we do not have any idea what that phenomenological 2-dimentional plane is comprised of, that then connects the various phenomena we perceive to be existing upon/within it.

We don't know how electrons and gravitons inter-relate, exactly. And that's why we don't know how those plasma filaments in space relate to, or defy, or perhaps supersede the effect of gravity in space.

We just don't know. Because the phenomenal fabric that connects all these various quantum phenomena (that we call "quantum particles") together, is pretty much still a complete mystery to us.