Intelligent Design

Johnny

When you agreed that you wouldn't think a bird or beaver created the camp fire you were conceding that you wouldn't think a bird or beaver could create a camp fire.
I just have to laugh at this. Can you show me where I ever disagreed?

Johnny

Who says they weren't designed?
Do you believe they were? I'm not talking about the actual process of forming snowflakes and hurricanes. I'm asking whether or not God is up there with a hurricane and snowflake generator.

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
fool, first off animals are intelligent and created by God!

So your argument is self defeating.

But more importantly... just answer the simple question...

fool YES or NO...

If you came across the camp fire I have described would you think a bird or beaver may have built it?
Ah, moving the goal post, I wondered how long it wold take you to try a different tac.
To directly answer your question, I wouldn't think beaver if the logs were cut staight, but the point remains the it would be an arguement from ignorance to say that it could only be human.
It could be;
aliens, bigfoot, natural.......................
Use your imagination.

Mr. 5020

Johnny said:
Do you believe they were? I'm not talking about the actual process of forming snowflakes and hurricanes. I'm asking whether or not God is up there with a hurricane and snowflake generator.
:chuckle:

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
You might!

But you wouldn't conclude that the tree stump was created without some form of intelligent life chopping it down.

Would you at least concede that point?
Wrong, I saw a forest after a tornado hit it and not knowing about the tornado I thought it was strange that loggers would snap the trees off at that hieght and leave them all pointing the same direction. The uniformity of where they were snapped at made me think intelligent.

Sozo

fool said:
It could be;
Use your imagination.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

oka i....i... i.. thik i seee wot u r saaaing *burp* :cheers:

logos_x

fool said:
Ah, moving the goal post, I wondered how long it wold take you to try a different tac.
To directly answer your question, I wouldn't think beaver if the logs were cut staight, but the point remains the it would be an arguement from ignorance to say that it could only be human.
It could be;
Use your imagination.

The problem would then be, where did aliens, bigfoot, or nature come from. It doesn't really change the argument, it only moves into what agent's were used to bring about the results, and moves it back to who designed the agents.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
Wrong, I saw a forest after a tornado hit it and not knowing about the tornado I thought it was strange that loggers would snap the trees off at that hieght and leave them all pointing the same direction. The uniformity of where they were snapped at made me think intelligent.
Did the tree stumps have teeth or axe chop marks in them?

I have seen tree stumps left by beavers and there is no mistaking them.

But hey, that's just me being rational who am I to argue with a guy who believes aliens, beavers, big-foots and birds might start camp fires. :kookoo:

Johnny

Johnny you are delusional.

But I guess coming from a guy who believes in time travel what else should I expect?
I think delusional more accurately describes the man who rejects physical and demonstrable evidence in favor of his pastor's uninformed opinion on a matter in which he has repeatedly demonstrated to have no idea what he's talking about. I think delusional describes the man who thinks he's well informed because he received the latest and greatest creationist brochure in the mail. I think delusional describes the man who will argue that an observable process does not occur because it's not found anywhere in his worldview. I think delusional is the man who will sacrifice his own intellect to the alter of his worldview. I think delusional describes the man who, for lack of critical thought, refuses to even acknowledge anyone else's point for fear that he might actually have to be honest with himself.

I'm sure you didn't understand what I was arguing in the time travel thread. I'm sure you don't understand what my point is in this thread.

Perhaps I was wrong for expecting more.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Johnny said:
Not to answer for Mr. 5020 but... if God designed the process in which snowflakes form, the snowflakes are designed!

Even though God doesn't create each and every snowflake in a "snowflake generator" the snowflakes are designed none the less.

God designs the way in which small droplets of water crystalize and therefore snowflakes are designed.

fool

Hall of Fame
logos_x said:
The problem would then be, where did aliens, bigfoot, or nature come from. It doesn't really change the argument, it only moves into what agent's were used to bring about the results, and moves it back to who designed the agents.
Good point logos!
What Knight is saying is that if I show him a video of an eagles nest falling from a tree, and landing upside down, and a beaver using it as a base for a dam, that catchs on fire, that it would matter not, because I haven't shown where Eagles and beavers and fire and trees come from. It's called moving the goal post.