In Eternal Life before the foundation !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The Chosen of God, were in Eternal Life before the foundation because they were Chosen in Christ as early Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him[Christ] before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Grace was given them in Christ before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Now scripture also reveals another great truth about Christ, that He is Eternal Life 1 Jn 1:1-2

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

Christ here is that Eternal which was with the Father, also Jn 1:1-4

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John wrote also in his epistle that Eternal life is in the Son, Christ 1 Jn 5:11

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

So John and others of the Chosen in Christ before the foundation, were in Eternal Life, the Son before the foundation !

Last edited:

oatmeal

The Chosen of God, were in Eternal Life before the foundation because they were Chosen in Christ as early Eph 1:4

4 [FONT="][B]According as he hath chosen us in him[Christ] before the foundation of the world[/B], that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]9 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Now scripture also reveals another great truth about Christ, that He is Eternal Life 1 Jn 1:1-2

[/FONT]
[FONT="][SIZE=4]That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

[/FONT]

[FONT="][SIZE=4]In the beginning was the Word, [B]and the Word was with God[/B], and the Word was God.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]2 The same was in the beginning with God.[/FONT]

[FONT="][SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][B]3 [/B][/FONT]All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John wrote also in his epistle that Eternal life is in the Son, Christ 1 Jn 5:11

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

So John and others of the Chosen in Christ before the foundation, were in Eternal Life, the Son before the foundation !
[/FONT]

[FONT="]
[/FONT]

Did I miss something?

You shared wonderful verses.

What do you mean by "in eternal life"?

God certainly planned and prepared ahead for Jesus Christ and for us, but I am not sure what you mean by "in eternal life"

beloved57

Did I miss something?

You shared wonderful verses.

God certainly planned and prepared ahead for Jesus Christ and for us, but I am not sure what you mean by "in eternal life"

Do you want to discuss the points I made ? Seems like you dont.

oatmeal

Do you want to discuss the points I made ? Seems like you dont.

Actually I would.

Who in their right mind is going to argue with scripture.

It is scripture that I love.

God reveals Himself and His son and many other truths by means of the written logos.

However, like all responsible believers, we must stop and make sure we are accurately expounding what we read from scripture.

I could say you are wrong, but do I know that?

Maybe if you are clearer on what you mean by "in eternal life" I might agree.

For me, God prepared for Jesus Christ and for us, but I did not exist until I existed. My beginning as with everyones' beginning, including Jesus Christ was with our conception and birth.

I did not receive the gift of eternal life until years after I was born the first time.

I was probably 6 or 7 when I received the gift of eternal life/salvation/holy spirit/righteousness, that is,when I was born again.

beloved57

Actually I would.

Who in their right mind is going to argue with scripture.

It is scripture that I love.

God reveals Himself and His son and many other truths by means of the written logos.

However, like all responsible believers, we must stop and make sure we are accurately expounding what we read from scripture.

I could say you are wrong, but do I know that?

Maybe if you are clearer on what you mean by "in eternal life" I might agree.

For me, God prepared for Jesus Christ and for us, but I did not exist until I existed. My beginning as with everyones' beginning, including Jesus Christ was with our conception and birth.

I did not receive the gift of eternal life until years after I was born the first time.

I was probably 6 or 7 when I received the gift of eternal life/salvation/holy spirit/righteousness, that is,when I was born again.

Rabbit trail!

Nanja

beloved57

Absolutely! In order for any person to lay claim to Eternal Life, it must be premised upon him first having been Chosen In Eternal Life Eph. 1:4, Who was with the Father from the beginning.

1 John 1:1-2

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us)

So when Paul declares in 2 Tim. 1:9 that God's Purpose and Grace was given to us [the Elect] In Christ Jesus [The Son, 1 John 5:11] before the world began, it is the Giving of Eternal Life by Promise.

Titus 1:1-2

1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

beloved57

oatmeal

See you really dont pay attention to what I have already posted in the OP. In Eternal Life meant in Christ, whose Eternal Life described in 1 Jn 1:1-2

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto youthat eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us)

According to John here who is " that Eternal Life" referring to ?

beloved57

I believe its reasonable to conclude that those Chosen in Christ before the foundation, Christ being Eternal life 1 Jn 1:2, that they would be the ones who had their names written in the lambs book of life from the foundation of the world. Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev 17:8

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Now it stands to spiritual deduction, if some had not their names written in the book of life from the foundation, that in fact some did have their name inscribed in the lambs book of life from the foundation of the world, and to these belonged eternal life !

These are the ones ordained to eternal life Acts 13:48 !

Nanja

I believe its reasonable to conclude that those Chosen in Christ before the foundation, Christ being Eternal life 1 Jn 1:2, that they would be the ones who had their names written in the lambs book of life from the foundation of the world. Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev 17:8

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Now it stands to spiritual deduction, if some had not their names written in the book of life from the foundation, that in fact some did have their name inscribed in the lambs book of life from the foundation of the world, and to these belonged eternal life !

These are the ones ordained to eternal life Acts 13:48 !
Absolutely True !

Nanja

4 According as he hath chosen us in him[Christ] before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Affirmative !

Nanja

oatmeal

See you really dont pay attention to what I have already posted in the OP. In Eternal Life meant in Christ, whose Eternal Life described in 1 Jn 1:1-2

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto youthat eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us)

According to John here who is " that Eternal Life" referring to ?
Christ !

Status
Not open for further replies.