Importance of studing the bible

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]In the first centuries of Christianity Gnostic’s seeked control of the Christian community.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most likely a Gnostic added to Paul’s writings.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 2:14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of deaththat is, the devil—[/FONT][FONT=&quot]15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Only Yahwah has the power over life and death.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 32:39[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dragon, Serpent, Devil, and Satan, is used as Parables for evil.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 12:9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The great dragon[/FONT][FONT=&quot] was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his (angels / messengers) with him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Christ says that we should fear God.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Luke 12:5
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into (Gehenna / hell.) Yes, I tell you, fear him.[/FONT]

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Gnostics always acted independent from any Church bishop's oversight. There also sprung up 'Docetists,' who, like Muslims, denied that Christ's Passion and Resurrection were real historical events.

CherubRam

Gnostics always acted independent from any Church bishop's oversight. There also sprung up 'Docetists,' who, like Muslims, denied that Christ's Passion and Resurrection were real historical events.

According to history, the Gnostic's became mainstream by killing off the true Christians.

Few Sheep
Enoch
90:4
and as for me I looked and lamented in my sleep over that shepherd who pastured the sheep. And I saw until those sheep were devoured by the dogs and eagles and kites, and they left neither flesh nor skin nor sinew remaining on them till only their bones stood there: and their bones too fell
90:5 to the earth, and the sheep became few.

CherubRam

Despite early persecution of Christians under the Roman Empire, it became the state religion of the Roman Empire in the end.

Romans were Pagans who joined Paganism to Christianity.

CherubRam

French troops commanded by Napoleon Bonaparte defeated the papal troops and occupied the Papal States in 1796. In 1798, upon his refusal to renounce his temporal power, Pius was taken prisoner and transported to France. He died one year later in Valence.

At that time people thought that the Papacy would never rise to power again.

Revelation 13:3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

Most churches follow the teachings of the Catholic Church. And they proclaim they are the true Christians.

Revelation 14:9
A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand,

The mark of the cross is made on the forehead with ash during lent.

Sign of the cross
The Byzantine sign of the cross made with the right hand.

The Byzantine sign of the cross is made with thumb and the first two fingers of the right hand joined at the tips. The third and fourth fingers are closed on the palm.

The Byzantine way of making the sign of the cross pre-dates the Latin style used by the Roman Catholics.

The sign of the Trinity and Cross are both in the right hand.

The Hebrew word for sin is "chet," which literally means "missing the mark.”

The sign of being forgiven.
During the ancient days of Israel, if a person was forgiven in a court, the person would receive a single ash mark on their forehead for everyone to see; that was done in remembrance of Moses’s snake on a pole.

The Catholic mark is a cross on the fore head made with a trinity sign with the right hand. By the way, the word “cross’ is not biblical; it was added to scriptures.
The Seal of God is the law and the Sabbath Day.

Numbers 21:8’9
The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

Deuteronomy 21:23
you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse. You must not desecrate the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.

1 Corinthians 1:23. NIV
23 but we preach Christ (crucified / staked out) a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Acts 5:30
The God of our fathers raised up Yahshua, whom you killed and hanged on a tree.

Acts 10:39
And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they killed and hanged on a tree:

Idolater

According to history, the Gnostic's became mainstream by killing off the true Christians.
According to what history?
Few Sheep
Enoch
90:4
and as for me I looked and lamented in my sleep over that shepherd who pastured the sheep. And I saw until those sheep were devoured by the dogs and eagles and kites, and they left neither flesh nor skin nor sinew remaining on them till only their bones stood there: and their bones too fell
90:5 to the earth, and the sheep became few.
What is this? And what does it have to do with Gnostics?

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Pope Gregory and Paganism[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.” [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pope Gregory [/FONT][FONT=&quot]540 – 12 March 604. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What were the Pagan beliefs harmonized with Christianity? Maybe the answer can be found by comparing Orthodox Judaism to Paganism. [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]The Word Catholic[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The word "catholic"[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (literally, "complete," "universal," or "according to the whole") refers to the universal church of the Lord Jesus Christ and not necessarily or exclusively to any particular visible denomination, institution, or doctrine. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cath: A sun goddess.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The daughter of the sun. She was also a goddess of beginnings and the dawn, and was also shown rising from the ocean. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Catha is from the Etruscan root cath-, meaning "the sun", and was also in use as a family name among the Etruscans in Italy.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Greek word "Katholikos" which now days means "universal" was first used to refer to the Church founded in 107AD by St.Ignatius of Antioch. What was universally believed in those days was in Sun gods. Christianity was only a very small minority at that time.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Long before Ignatius used the term Katholikos for the church, Cath was in use for the name of that goddess. Cath is where we get the word catheter and cathode ray. It is also from the word katholikos that the word "catholic" comes. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]St Ignatius wrote a letter to the Smyrnaeans in about the year 107 and used the word "catholic". So as you can see the Etruscan root cath-, meaning "the sun" was in use before St Ignatius used it.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The suffix -ic:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The Modern English adjectival suffix -ic was first seen as a suffix in English during the Middle English period. It was borrowed in words from Old French '-ique', which came from Latin '-icus', which came ultimately from Ancient Greek '-ικος (-ikos)'. There are some that contend that '-icus' was native to Latin and was cognate with rather than borrowed from Greek. The suffix -icus was very wide-spread by the Classical Latin period in native words as well as in words derived from Greek. And again you can see that the suffix “ic” is part of the Latin and Greek.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the past and even these days Mary is worshipped as a sun goddess, and that is the reason for the halo and sun rays around her.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So what is the truth of this matter? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

_000_

BANNED
Banned

Their belief in Christ does not stop them from doing wrong.

Several years ago I asked the Lord God about the Catholics.

Now this is what he said about them to me.

" The Catholics as a whole
are some of the worse sinners
on the face of the whole earth. "

That is what the Lord God said to me about them.

Idolater

the Church founded in 107AD by St.Ignatius of Antioch
Eh?
St Ignatius wrote a letter to the Smyrnaeans in about the year 107 and used the word "catholic".
He was a bishop. Valid bishops, like Timothy, Titus, Linus, Anacletus, Clement, Polycarp, are authentic Church pastors. They aren't Gnostics, or pagans.
In the past and even these days Mary is worshipped as a sun goddess, and that is the reason for the halo and sun rays around her.
That isn't true.
So what is the truth of this matter?
Not what you think.

Idolater

Several years ago I asked the Lord God about the Catholics.
Right, you're the one with the direct line to Him. Very handy, now we know who can pass along any questions or comments we have.
Now this is what he said about them to me.

" The Catholics as a whole
are some of the worse sinners
on the face of the whole earth. "

That is what the Lord God said to me about them.
Did He say also who are some of the best sinners on the face of the whole earth? I'm really curious.

_000_

BANNED
Banned
Right, you're the one with the direct line to Him. Very handy, now we know who can pass along any questions or comments we have.
Did He say also who are some of the best sinners on the face of the whole earth? I'm really curious.

It would not be the best sinners.
It would be them who sin the least.

He said them who sin the least are the ones who
who love Him the most.

Rosenritter

Catholic = Pertaining to the Sun.

Malachi 4:1-2 KJV
(1) For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
(2) But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Just suggesting that it might be a bit of a stretch with the Cath = Sun thing, but if you did want to go there there's also a positive Sun (Son) reference as well