Illusion of Free Will

Lon

If there were giants hundreds of feet tall that has been suppressed but true, then what else is hidden from us that’s truth?
Those footprints are only about 4 feet (if real, they don't look quite right). My feet are 1 foot. I'm six foot tall. Six feet times 4 is only 24 feet tall.... Just saying.

genuineoriginal

If people pay really close attention putting all the Bible together and it’s very specific words, not cherry picking a few verses, there is no free will.
The Bible is full of man's free will and man's responsibility for the consequences of his/her free will choices.

Anyone who is trying to claim that there is no free will is a person who has no free will because they have sold their free will to the deceiver and are not following God.

beloved57

go

The Bible is full of man's free will and man's responsibility for the consequences of his/her free will choices.

False. Mans will isnt free, its a slave to sin, and a slave to Gods Sovereign will, but he is responsible for his sinful actions !

Nanja

go

False. Mans will isnt free, its a slave to sin, and a slave to Gods Sovereign will, but he is responsible for his sinful actions !

thumb_up.gif

nikolai_42

Nikolai,

you are very perceptive, smart and are not arrogant with pride. You at least consider the possibilities.

I feared the lord like no one else. I’ve been completely tortured all my life from chronic illness. A lot of times when people hit rock bottom they seek Gid. I wanted Gid when young but wanted sin too. The past 5 years I wanted to change like have a godly nature and really desired to live for God. God was my only hope abd dream. To be his child and him give me his spirit and new heart and him lead me. I tried to overcome sin. Prayed sought prayer from others studied learned from all sides trying to understand the truth. I had a drug reaction 5 months ago and after I am completely 100% real God confirmed to me 5 times that he sovereignly made me a vessel of wrath. The afflictions level of what is literally torture all my life have been beyond anyone’s imagination starting from birth. I knew things in bible showed god was sovereign in ways but also seemed to be free will too but could not understand how that worked. So I did not believe in 100% sovereignty. But he showed me he is 100% sovereign controlling all and even people. And people never even imagine that concept with Gid and even if they see verses in the Bible affirming 100% sovereignty they won’t let themselves go there. If God has sovereign ok, but I really want God. And to be rejected is beyond crushing I mean there’s no hope eternally and also my health is destroyed. I come from bad bloodline on both sides. But nothing that anyone would say is so much more evil than families they see. And I was born so sick and just been sick and needy desperate all my life. So I can’t help but wonder why God what did I do. This is beyond cruel.i have no confidence in judging my own heart after this but I just know I wanted God. Which reason more than other I dunno but I did for multiple reasons abd the same thing for wanting to be sanctified and godly in all things. For him to create us all sinners and the only way we can be saved or empowered to be Holy is if he chooses us but he still sends people to hell condemning them like it’s their fault is beyond brutal and painful.

with the giants yes God who is 100% sovereign has concealed the truth through evil organizations like the smithsonian from the world as a whole. But he revealed it to many. I never knew about it. But that was reason for the flood. I heard it first from a Christian man named Steve Quayle who wrote a book showing all the newspapers finding giant skeletons in America and around the world. The truth is crazier than fiction.
Lowly One,

I'm sorry I didn't see this when you responded back in October. I am on here infrequently now, so if I miss something one time, it could be a while before I pick up on it again.

God's control is absolute. But God is not unjust nor cruel. He will not deny someone who genuinely desires to follow Him. He may put us through difficult circumstances, but if we have any inclination towards Him, it's because He is drawing us. Jesus said that He would not cast out anyone who came to Him because those that came to Him were drawn of the Father.

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 6:37

Isaiah prophesied this of Jesus :

A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
Isaiah 42:3

Christ came to call sinners to repentance - and anyone who hears Him is of God. But they don't follow Him in their own strength. Those who reject Him have no desire to follow Him. Those that come to Him must deny themselves and die to themselves (their own ways, their own desires) and simply seek to do His will. When we try to offer our own works in our own strength and mix them with what God does, what results is a hideous mess. It's a mix of good and bad. But when we let Him teach us through His Word and submit to His will joyfully, He makes our paths straight.

You say you are a vessel of dishonor and can't escape that. That's not what scripture says. Even if you were a vessel of dishonor, you don't need to be :

But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

2 Timothy 2:20-23

If there is some sin that is afflicting you, you have a tortured conscience and need to simply confess it to the Lord - if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleans us from ALL unrighteousness. They you can call upon the Lord out of a pure heart. And the question of God's sovereignty is causing you internal strife. It is a question that can be answered (God is Sovereign) but not fully understood (we are responsible before God). Don't try and figure that out. Settle it in your heart to turn from any sin you haven't confessed - confess and turn from it - and seek God in prayer and by His Word. Those that know and understand Him know this :

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
Jeremiah 9:24

That's what we are called to understand and know of Him. His character, His nature, His goodness. Reflect and meditate on that and praise Him. Lift up your voice in praise to God and forget yourself. That is the sacrifice with which He is pleased. That is what we are expected to understand. He is higher and beyond us. His ways are past finding out. But His character is revealed in scripture and especially in the giving of His Son that we remember specifically this time of year. His Son whose blood cleanses us from all unrighteousness.