ECT If MAD is False Why Did Paul Make the Distinction in Romans 4:16?

Interplanner

You'll have to explain to me how "at hand" isn't soon and this verse as well.

Lk. 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God."

Just because you say it's conditional doesn't make it conditional. Where is your proof and what are the conditions?

Conditionality is true but you have to go with the last one given. That would be that they would recognize Messiah once they sang Ps 118 about him. Some did and joined the mission to the nations. Which was where the whole movement was going. it was not nor is ever going to a Davidic theocracy.

Jamie Gigliotti

"Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all"
-Romans 4:16

If all were under the same dispensation why did Paul mention those who were of the law and also those who were of the faith of Abraham as though two distinct groups of people?
Your passage proves your premises false. Two groups. One way. Jesus, faith, grace.

Jerry Shugart

You'll have to explain to me how "at hand" isn't soon and this verse as well.

Lk. 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God."

"Assuredly, I say to you, dthere are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom"
(Mt.16:28).​

One of the meanings of the Greek word translated "coming" at Matthew 16:28 is "to appear" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So this is one of the possible meanings of Matthew 16:28:

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man appear in his kingdom."

Therefore, we can understand that the Lord Jesus was saying that there were some of the Apostles who would see the Lord Jesus "appearing" in His kingdom before they died.

The words of Peter in his first epistle refers to this "appearing," and it happened at the "transfiguration" on the holy mount:

"For, skilfully devised fables not having followed out, we did make known to you the power and presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, but eye-witnesses having become of his majesty --for having received from God the Father honour and glory, such a voice being borne to him by the excellent glory: `This is My Son -- the beloved, in whom I was well pleased;' and this voice we -- we did hear, out of heaven borne, being with him in the holy mount"
(2 Pet.1:16-18; YLT).​

Peter is speaking of seeing the Lord's "presence" and he also says that he was was an eyewitness of His "majesty". The word "majesty" is translated from the Greek word megaleiotes and that word means "greatness, magnificence...of the visible splendor of the divine majesty as it appeared in the transfiguration of Christ, 2 Peter i.16" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

Therefore we can understand that what happened on the Holy Mount fulfilled the Lord Jesus' words that some of His Apostles would witness His "appearance" or "presence" in His kingdom.

turbosixx

"Assuredly, I say to you, dthere are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom"
(Mt.16:28).​

One of the meanings of the Greek word translated "coming" at Matthew 16:28 is "to appear" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So this is one of the possible meanings of Matthew 16:28:

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man appear in his kingdom."

Therefore, we can understand that the Lord Jesus was saying that there were some of the Apostles who would see the Lord Jesus "appearing" in His kingdom before they died.

The words of Peter in his first epistle refers to this "appearing," and it happened at the "transfiguration" on the holy mount:

"For, skilfully devised fables not having followed out, we did make known to you the power and presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, but eye-witnesses having become of his majesty --for having received from God the Father honour and glory, such a voice being borne to him by the excellent glory: `This is My Son -- the beloved, in whom I was well pleased;' and this voice we -- we did hear, out of heaven borne, being with him in the holy mount"
(2 Pet.1:16-18; YLT).​

Peter is speaking of seeing the Lord's "presence" and he also says that he was was an eyewitness of His "majesty". The word "majesty" is translated from the Greek word megaleiotes and that word means "greatness, magnificence...of the visible splendor of the divine majesty as it appeared in the transfiguration of Christ, 2 Peter i.16" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

Therefore we can understand that what happened on the Holy Mount fulfilled the Lord Jesus' words that some of His Apostles would witness His "appearance" or "presence" in His kingdom.

So when did Jesus establish his kingdom in your understanding?

Right Divider

Body part
So when did Jesus establish his kingdom in your understanding?
It is still in the future, per His parable on the subject:
Luke 19:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:11) And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. (19:12) He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

There are some other things that He said that also make it more clear:
Matt 26:29 (AKJV/PCE)
(26:29) But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

turbosixx

It is still in the future, per His parable on the subject:
Luke 19:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:11) And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. (19:12) He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
I understand the far country to be his coming to earth which is where he will return again.

There are some other things that He said that also make it more clear:
Matt 26:29 (AKJV/PCE)
(26:29) But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

He did eat and drink with them after his D,B&R.
Acts 10:40 but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, 41 not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.

Daniel prophecy.
Dan. 2:40 And there shall be a fourth kingdom,(Rome) strong as iron, because iron breaks to pieces and shatters all things....44 And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people.

Jesus showed up during the Roman empire as prophesied and said the kingdom was at hand and
28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Phillip was preaching the good news of the kingdom.
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Paul said we are transferred to his kingdom.
Col. 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,

Right Divider

Body part
I understand the far country to be his coming to earth which is where he will return again.
No, the far country is heaven.

He did eat and drink with them after his D,B&R.
Acts 10:40 but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, 41 not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.

Daniel prophecy.
Dan. 2:40 And there shall be a fourth kingdom,(Rome) strong as iron, because iron breaks to pieces and shatters all things....44 And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people.

Jesus showed up during the Roman empire as prophesied and said the kingdom was at hand and
28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Phillip was preaching the good news of the kingdom.
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Paul said we are transferred to his kingdom.
Col. 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,
There is more than one aspect of God's kingdom. Remember the heaven and the earth?

The gospel of the kingdom is about the LORD Jesus Christ setting up His kingdom on the earth.

Matt 6:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:10) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

Jamie Gigliotti

Just in case you're completely unfamiliar with what Mid-Acts dispensational right division teaches (and it sure seems that you are), we do NOT claim that there is any other way than the LORD Jesus Christ.
Mid Acts Dispensation of Grace...

Grace was the beginning Act, the only Act in town, for Jews and Gentiles alike.

turbosixx

No, the far country is heaven.

There is more than one aspect of God's kingdom. Remember the heaven and the earth?

I agree.

Matt. 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

The church has been around twice as long as the "millennial" kingdom. Do you see any prophecies about the church?

DAN P

I agree.

Matt. 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

The church has been around twice as long as the "millennial" kingdom. Do you see any prophecies about the church?

Hi and Paul has written prophecies , like 1 Cor 15:51 , Rom 11:25 as I see you have lead it sheltered bible LIFE !!

dan p

turbosixx

Which church?

The church of God he purchased with his blood.
Acts 20:28 Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.

The one that broke down the wall dividing Jew and Gentile.

Interplanner

Poor IP cannot allow God to fulfill multiple purposes.
Why? it's satanic on your part

bc "in Christ" is all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. He is the fulfillment of the ages. The resurrection is 'the fulfillment of everything promises to the fathers' Acts 13 and Rom 15 acclaim. There would be no need then, to do anything 'in the land' and there is no exact NT place that says so, that says it matters anymore. No more than circumcision. No more than seder.

SaulToPaul 2

bc "in Christ" is all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. He is the fulfillment of the ages. The resurrection is 'the fulfillment of everything promises to the fathers' Acts 13 and Rom 15 acclaim. There would be no need then, to do anything 'in the land' and there is no exact NT place that says so, that says it matters anymore. No more than circumcision. No more than seder.

I can find promises:

1. Land forever
2. City forever
3. Heavens forever

Let them be. Why do you hate it? (Like Satan)

Interplanner

I can find promises:

1. Land forever
2. City forever
3. Heavens forever

Let them be. Why do you hate it? (Like Satan)

lol. There are none listed, yet you keep asking for exact verses don't you? It is not a matter of letting them be. It is a matter of the NT saying what the OT was about--the shadow, the copy, not the reality.

I hate it because it is a distortion that takes people away from the ministry of the mission of Christ into a secret, arrogant knowledge where they do spastic things like quote Gen 24:64C as YOU did.