ECT If MAD does not believe this then why do they not deny it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know precisely what it means and I am not being dishonest in the least.

Do you know how many Communists (i.e. governmental Communists) are aware of and commonly use Acts 4 as proof that their system of government is righteous?

ALL OF THEM!!

From Carl Marx on!

Prove them wrong! Can you even make an argument?

You seem to know a lot about communists , but the early church did not set up communes. They were scattered throughout the nations with the gospel.

I haven't slipped.

I knew you were a lunatic before I posted a word on this thread. I simply decided to ignore it until now.

You claim that Paul taught that we should live communally. You're either stupid or you're a lunatic. Your other posts prove you aren't stupid.

Now you are making yourself look stupid.

First you claim the early church was a pattern for communism, now you claim I said Paul taught us to live like communists.

I found an article about a city in the Philippine Islands that has a serious garbage disposal crisis on their hands.

So what?

Read the post for the reason I said that.

Again, you are a lunatic.

For those of you not following his point, this was a proof text of his, suggesting that God makes communism work supernaturally I suppose.

Is that as big a sin as lying?

I am not nearly as stupid as seem to think I am. I know that your income is not distributed among your your fellow church members.

So now you think the early church distributed all their income to their fellow church members.

They actually did not have any for a while.

Is that a yes or a no? Its so typical of lunatics, when backed into a corner that can't escape to just avoid the issue. You scared to give a straight answer! Afraid that your lunacy will be fully exposed for what it is?

Give me a straight answer - I DARE YOU!!

A straight answer for what?

Do you think you follow Paul?

Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

None that I am aware of, no.

Surely you could find some fellow madists to meet together and do nothing together.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The gospel of Grace was never ever preached at all by anyone, anywhere before Paul preached it.

Ephesians 3:1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead),

Galatians 1:11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Wrong.

All of the Apostles knew about the Gospel of Grace and they preached it before Paul who himself entered into Gods Grace in the same gospel as Peter taught.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
]Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

LA

Interplanner

Clete,
the reason Paul sounds that exclusive is because he was the only leader with a background in opposition to the Gospel. He therefore says some things that the others did not need to, to validate his position. You can see how much trouble he had at the beginning from certain incidents in Acts 9. It took a while for the others to accept that he was not a deceiver, a Trojan horse.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wrong.

All of the Apostles knew about the Gospel of Grace and they preached it before Paul who himself entered into Gods Grace in the same gospel as Peter taught.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
]Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

LA

Wrong as usual. Your record for being wrong is perfect. A+

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete,
the reason Paul sounds that exclusive is because he was the only leader with a background in opposition to the Gospel. He therefore says some things that the others did not need to, to validate his position. You can see how much trouble he had at the beginning from certain incidents in Acts 9. It took a while for the others to accept that he was not a deceiver, a Trojan horse.

The text does not say this. Where are you getting this from?

Besides, Paul was performing undeniable physical miracles all over the place as evidence that he was of God.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You seem to know a lot about communists ,
I've read a history book here and there.

but the early church did not set up communes. They were scattered throughout the nations with the gospel.
The text explicitly states otherwise.

Now you are making yourself look stupid.
That's a laugh!

First you claim the early church was a pattern for communism, now you claim I said Paul taught us to live like communists.
You're the one who cited Paul, not me.

Psst! The thread is all still here for everyone to read!!!

Read the post for the reason I said that.
If you think I'm going waste one minute of my time trying to decipher your obscure references, you've got another thing coming.

So now you think the early church distributed all their income to their fellow church members.
That's what Acts 4 EXPLICITLY states! Read it!

Remember Ananias and Sapphira who got struck dead by God for having not turned over all the proceeds from the sale of their property?

STRUCK DEAD on the spot!

A straight answer for what?
Read the posts, LA! It makes it a lot easier to respond!

Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
I don't even understand what this is supposed to be in response to?

Why are you changing the subject?

Surely you could find some fellow madists to meet together and do nothing together.
Okay, I see. You've just decided to be an ***.

Good bye.

:wave2:

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've read a history book here and there.

Try reading the Bible and being taught by the Lord.

The text explicitly states otherwise.

No it does not.

The early church did not set up communes.

Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

That's a laugh!

You're the one who cited Paul, not me.

You said the early church set up the pattern for communism and it follows that Paul in being saved was joined to it through his believing and being baptized in water calling on the name of the Lord to wash away his sins as all in Acts did from the beginning.

You called Peter and Paul communists.

Psst! The thread is all still here for everyone to read!

If you think I'm going waste one minute of my time trying to decipher your obscure references, you've got another thing coming.

Your loss.

That's what Acts 4 EXPLICITLY states! Read it!

Remember Ananias and Sapphira who got struck dead by God for having not turned over all the proceeds from the sale of their property?

STRUCK DEAD on the spot!

They lied to the Holy Spirit, Clete.

Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

In whose houses did they live Clete?

They did not all have to sell everything if they did not want to.

Read the posts, LA! It makes it a lot easier to respond!

I don't even understand what this is supposed to be in response to?

Why are you changing the subject?

Okay, I see. You've just decided to be an ***.

Good bye.

:wave2:

Resting in Him,
Clete

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; ]Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Peter preached the gospel of Christ which began the Church and Paul explained it.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The message isn't remotely the same.

Peter's message was to the Jews about Jesus being their Messiah.

This as good an example of the sort of thing I've been alluding to in regards to the complexity involved in an attempt to sort out the details while climbing the wall of a differing paradigm. To me, reading Acts 2 is all that is necessary to answer your question because I can see it, clear as day. I understand fully that you are in a position that causes what is plain to me to be hidden from you. The only remedy I can think of is to go through the 2nd and 3rd chapters of Acts in more detail. Hopefully, this will allow you to see it...

The following is an excerpt from Chapter 3 of The Plot by Bob Enyart - please buy the book - its awesome!

Acts 2 & 3 - The Apostles Preach to the Men of Israel

The apostles preached to the men of Israel, the common folds, before they declared their message to the leaders:

But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. Acts 2:14

Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesusof Nazareth​

There was a persistent realization that the nation must corporately repent:​

Nations do not repent, individuals do, and multitudes did right there at that time.

“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.” Acts 2:36

Then Peter said... "For the promise is to you [Israel] and to your children, and to all who are afar off...” Acts 2:38-39​

So what was the promise, and to whom would it be sent to--

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Using Solomon's Temple as a meeting place, the Temple being the seat of the nation and the identity if Israel, indicates that the apostles were consciously working toward the nation's collective repentance.

The inserting of the writers thoughts into the text is adding to the word of God.

For in dealing with Israel Paul taught--

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
and--

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

"So continuing daily with one accord in the temple," Acts 2:46

[Peter said] “Men of Israel, why do you marvel at this?... The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus..." Acts 3:12-13

Old Testament scriptures contain many prophecies concerning Christ's coming. His earthly ministry, His death and resurrection, and Israel's intended proclamation of the Gospel to the Gentiles. Early passages in Acts suggest that all the prophesies were on track and that Plan A was still in effect and that Plan B, the "casting away" of Israel (Rom. 11:15), was still future:

Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began. Acts 3:19-21​

Peter here was offering the Kingdom to Israel, if only the Jews would repent. At this point Plan A, the prophesied plan, was still on track.

Accepting Jesus is the receiving of His Kingdom and rejecting Jesus is the rejecting of His Kingdom for every individual, and it is they who are Gods Israel all of whom will be saved at the resurrection because they were qualified for it in this life.

Yes, and all the prophets, from Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days. Acts 3:24​

The special mention of Samuel undoubtedly refers to the promise of a Kingdom to Israel (2 Sam. 7:12-16) since Samuel is the prophet through whom God established Israel's kingdom and David's throne. Some might suppose that, at this point in Acts, Israel was no longer under the Covenant of Circumcision. However, they are twice in Acts identified with the covenant God made with Israel. In Acts 3:25 that are "sons of the covenant" and in Acts 7:8 the twelve tribes are descendants of the "covenant of circumcision." The governing covenant for Israel throughout the Gospels and into the Acts period was the Covenant of Circumcision. Hence Peter and the other apostles would soon be surprised at God's acceptance of uncircumcised Gentiles (after Acts 9). Thus, the sons of Abraham were still the sons of the covenant in Acts 3:

You [Israel] are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ Acts 3:25 based on Gen. 12:3​

The same argument Jesus used to prove life after death proves that the Old Covenant was still in effect here in Acts. For Jesus said "have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’?[c] God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” (Mat. 22:31-33). So too here, the Jews "are sons of... the covenant which God made with... Abraham." Thus Peter would not call them sons of a dead covenant, but of a living one.

The OC was abolished at the cross.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Christ inaugurated the new covenant at the cross and He put into effect at Pentecost.

God put into effect the covenant with Abraham by the death burial resurrection and ascension of Christ.

Again, Jesus was sent to Israel and Peter's mission was for the nation to repent:

To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities. Acts 3:26​

The elect of Israel believed and repented, obeying the word of God through Peter to wash away their sins and receive the Holy Spirit from Heaven, as also did Paul.

This passage just about destroys everthing MAD has said.

Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

They were converted and they did receive refreshing from the presence of the Lord at Pentecost onward.

Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

That was happening there and then as the following verse states---

Act 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Act 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
Act 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Which multitudes did as they were the elect.

what a con you preach Clete.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.